What Kind of Ikea Cases Do You Have?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civiclx

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've seen you guys mention bestas a few tines so I checked them out on ikea's site and there are several cases that came up so I'm wondering which specific ones are popular. Are you guys buying them with the glass included or separate? Please feel free to post pics and links would be appreciated too. I'm interested in any nice cases so they don't have to be just from ikea

thanks

People buy besta's because there modular you can stack them anyways you want. Some poeple buy cubes and some people buy the towers all depends on what you want to display also.

Thanks for the link to that video bearmodel much appreciated i plan on getting some of those double units you have in you video! your collection and display looks top notch!

Thanks wookie. When I go on Tuesday, I'll take a look at what all they got and ask some questions.

Hey bear, thanks for the great review. You're right about the glass shelves, they are great. Do your statues collect much dust without having the doors? I could see where the ones on the top might collect some but maybe the ones on the shelves don't get too dusty.

Oh BTW that Juggernaut is awesome:banana If you'd like to give him to me, I can PM you my address so you know where to send it:D

Do those Bestas come with glass doors (it sounded like you said that in the video but couldn't quite hear it)? The main reason to get shelves (for me) to to protect stuff from dust, so doors are a must.

Sean

I thought he said they come separate if that's the case, I wonder how much work it is to install them. Did he say the cases originally came with glass shelves or did he swap them in?

Thanks wookie. When I go on Tuesday, I'll take a look at what all they got and ask some questions.

Hey bear, thanks for the great review. You're right about the glass shelves, they are great. Do your statues collect much dust without having the doors? I could see where the ones on the top might collect some but maybe the ones on the shelves don't get too dusty.

Oh BTW that Juggernaut is awesome:banana If you'd like to give him to me, I can PM you my address so you know where to send it:D

Hi! Thanks! The statues collect dust but nothing too bad and I have a lot of those cans of air to clean them up. When it comes to Juggernaut, get a chair....you might be waiting for a while... :lol

Do those Bestas come with glass doors (it sounded like you said that in the video but couldn't quite hear it)? The main reason to get shelves (for me) to to protect stuff from dust, so doors are a must.

Sean

They do not come wwith glass doors but you can buy them for abot $50 each. Ikea has different types of doors so you can choose whatever you want.

I thought he said they come separate if that's the case, I wonder how much work it is to install them. Did he say the cases originally came with glass shelves or did he swap them in?

It is very easy to install the doors. at Ikea you choose the size of the Besta you want, then the legs, then the doors and then the accessories. They make it a very easy process...

... I use Detolf`s from Ikea, they`re cheap, solid and there is no dust on my figures/statues. Detolf`s you can use for 12inch figures, busts etc. on Top of the shelf you can put also a heavyweight figure because its very very solid!
Also you can display the Sideshow Premium Formats, but only 2 per unit.

I like the detolfs because they look good, all is glass and the figures are well displayed inside.

Without glass I have one "Expedit" from Ikea, which takes also the 12inch Figures ore statues.

But I think all depends on what you want to display/collect:rolleyes:

actually i was looking to buy besta also...

bearmodel,which of them is yours???i checked ikea's site but it has not something similar..:peace

Okay I may be able to help a bit on this. First off I absolutely love Bestas and wish that is all that I had ever bought from the beginning. Right now I have 22 different Besta pieces plus glass doors for most of them. I actually plan to get a few more. I am currently in the process of converting a spare bedroom into another collectibles room so I will be getting more of them.

It is great that they are modular and stuff. I have got everything in there with the exception of Grievous PF and that is because I dont want to get rid of the sabers and the 12" Jabba setup. I am also wondering if my Vader bust will fit. Anyway you can also in some cases modify them pretty easily if you need a wider shelf. I took one of the 15" high units and sawed the middle section out and turned the piece that holds the two back pieces together around and I now have a 44" wide by 15" tall display for my GG Jabba and company. I may also do this for the Speederbike PF as well.

I am also currently trying to figure out a way to connect two of the height extenstion units together to make a nice place to put my MR Falcon. I will probably put the AT-AT and Snowspeeder under it. I am still trying to decide how I will do that.

The glass doors are expensive but they are must. The best deal is probably the really tall Vegbys and if you go that way I would suggest getting the 50 inch units and stacking two on top of each other. That will make for an awesome display.

I've had Detolf's, Billy's and Besta's and I like the Besta's most.

Back