WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop watching the ^^^^ty movies they put out then. I prefer to watch the good ones they put out. If you go back a few pages I made a list you can pick from. Every studio puts out crap, and ever studio puts out some quality. Fox is no different.

Then why do all the good movies go through Searchlight and not 20th Century? Why does 20CF put out ALL the ^^^^, and only Searchlight gets the good stuff? And how come why THEY release a movie, it isnt cut to hell?
Hmmmm....hmmm....

Then why do all the good movies go through Searchlight and not 20th Century? Why does 20CF put out ALL the ^^^^, and only Searchlight gets the good stuff? And how come why THEY release a movie, it isnt cut to hell?
Hmmmm....hmmm....

Because different divisions are created for different focus'. Searchlight is 20th's studio for smaller budget indie films. 20th is still getting the money, so it doesn't matter which banner it flys under.

We see that all the time now - many studios team up on distribution with one taking domestic and the other foreign. But usually both logos come up no matter where it's distributed.

Titanic has both Paramount and Fox's logos in the front.

Wasn't it also the most expensive movie of all time?

Wasn't it also the most expensive movie of all time?

At the time it was. It's been surpassed, many, many times now. Fox produced it and it was so overbudget and they had so little faith in it's success that they sold domestic rights to Paramount for about $50 mil (I believe). One of the worst decisions in the history of the industry.

Looks like Tom Rothman (FOX's Head Honcho) is doing more than mucking with The Watchmen, he has pulled Director Gavin Hood off production to discuss changes to "WOLVERINE". Fox is definitely mucking up a lot around the Comic Book world....

Ah ok. Gotcha. Stupid tards. If I ever get into the directing business....no way im working for Fox....unless I do Alien or Predator movies...in which I WILL fight for my movie.

Warner's involvement in the film is obvious, and I get what Fox wants, but why and how is Paramount involved?

Warner's involvement in the film is obvious, and I get what Fox wants, but why and how is Paramount involved?

You may be confused as there was discussion of Titantic before which was a Fox/Paramount co-release.

But Paramount at one time controled the movie rights to Watchmen (or thought they did) when Larry Gordon took the project to them when Fox put it into turnaround. Ultimately Paramount also put it in turnaround and Gordon went back to Warners with it (years later).

I know about the Titanic situation, but isn't there also a Paramount logo in the WATCHMEN trailer, along with the DC/Warner ones?

I know about the Titanic situation, but isn't there also a Paramount logo in the WATCHMEN trailer, along with the DC/Warner ones?

Yes. I said that earlier. Paramount is the distribution partner and is actually the lead distributor of the film in some overseas markets.

As it stands today, there are four separate entities that are partners in the film:

WARNER BROTHERS (Studio/Distributor)
PARAMOUNT (Partner/Distributor - Foreign)
LEGENDARY PICTURES (Production Company)
DC COMICS (IP Holder/Producer)

I am about half-way finished reading it, and I think it's interesting how people say the entire story is "dark", and "gritty". I find the characters are taken seriously, and it sure has it's violence, but I'm surprised how funny it is! I love the humor Moore and Gibbons injected throughout. It makes everything seem more real.

On a different note, has this been cited as a source for Tim Burton's BATMAN? In the tone, dialogue and how New York is portrayed, I've noticed a lot of similarites between that and Burton's version of Gotham. Even Rorshach reminds me of Keaton's Batman: In real life, he's a small, unassuming guy, but at night, he's a real badass who doesn't ^^^^ around with criminals.

Back