Vader Helmet Mod Tutorial

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do need to mess around with the Hasbro dome a bit to see if I like it better or not. I've had one for a couple years now, but never committed to trying it out as I've been happy enough with the Sideshow version :lol

Your Vader needs the hasbro mod :)

attachment.php

Yes! Hasbro dome FTW! :rock

.... .................Hasbro Dome..................................................Sideshow Dome
Vader_02.jpg

My Hasbro dome Sideshow modded Vader. Just add the widow's peak and you are good!
Vader_03.jpg

$160 is not bad considering how much he was going for before the V2 was confirmed. I have to say, to me the Hasbro dome always look a bit too big for Vader... that is one of the reasons I never used it on mine.

Although on Shocktroopers it looks just about right... so at the very least I can give it a go an go back to the Sideshow if I'm unhappy. So with the hasbro you essentially have to remove the peg on the inside and add a widows peak?

I'll likely mod both the Sideshow and the Hasbro. Now I just need someone to describe to me how to mod the Hasbro. :lol

i don't exactly know why, but to me the hasbro dome gives him a bit more of a meanacing look.

It does seem to flare a little more convincingly than the SSC dome.

FLOSI any chance you took pics of what you removed from Vader's forehead?

That does look good Flosi... I think what messes me up on the Hasbro dome is sometimes it hangs too far over the forehead giving him a bit of a Cro-Magnon look :lol

This was mine after the mod to the Sideshow dome:

bbg-3.jpg
bbh-3.jpg

Here's mine,with a Hasbro dome...
DSCN0250.jpg

DSCN4166.jpg

And with my custom Tarkin. As you can see,the dome make all the difference to the look.With the SSC dome it rather looks like the old Don Post mask...PS

Sorry, Pix, I don't.

To GBs point, yes, sitting the dome too low can also make Vader look bad. I've adjusted the dome on mine since the photos I posted here. I used Velcro, which gave the dome just a touch of room on the head so it could sit a bit higher. (sorry, no close up pics but I think there's some pulled back shots in my collection thread.)

Has anyone tried the darth vader helmet from the 1978 doll? Is it the helmet the same size as the electronic or ulimate version of vader from the 12 inch line?

Back