Totally Custom Asajj Ventress

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the acetone trick is super weird, and only works on vinyl from what I understand. I did not believe it would take a full week but it really did. After 24 hours it had only shrunk back to normal size.

Hey do you guys have any suggestions for extra detail to add to the mantle? I'm happy with the shape of the thing but feel like it's missing something. Like some additional straps or hardware or something.

That is really awesome looking... I never liked the Sideshow figure, but this I would buy in a heart beat :rock

Again thanks all for the kind words.

Reinhardt: I used this guy's tutorial shrink the head. Basically just leave it in a 100% acetone bath for an hour and then wait a week. It really does take a full week for it to shrink.

https://blog.castlebrimstone.com/?p=363

Wow you did such an awesome job on that headshrink. I have seen horrible vinyl shrinking before where the specimens became warped and just horrifically malformed...I was wondering how you shrunk that head, if you had used Hydrospan...since it was so smooth. That's so awesome! :hi5:

The original head was warped and oddly enough the shrinking un-warped it significantly. I'd say the head as it is now is more like how it was meant to look.

Was asked for some better pics of the skirt (again) so took this, had to take two exposures and then combine them since when the skirt is fully exposed the skin and shirt is totally blown out and when the shirt and skin are exposed properly the skirt is totally crushed.

4611154507_d492f95314_b.jpg

Man, that is incredible! I absolutely love it! Have you posted this in the Star Wars custom section?

I have not... I did not know there was one. This forum is very complicated. So many sub forums and sub sub forums.

Danke. At some point I want to take another stab. I think I have gotten better with my customizing skills since doing this.

Woah, fack me, usually necro-posts annoy me, but this one was quite a pleasant surprise. Great work on the body wraps.

Really creative use of materials here. Inspiring work, and I mean that literally, makes me want to explore the use of ribbon instead of fabric for skirts and such, clever idea.

I was looking into buying this figure but now I dont know... after seeing what it COULD be Im kinda spoiled.

You should do these as a custom run. I'd definitely be interested in a set. Had the original Assaj but sold after being underwhelmed.

Back