The Official STAR WARS Character Spin-Off Movies Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know where you heard that but Wedge/Denis Lawson is Ewan MacGregor's uncle and was the one that encouraged him to go for the Obi-Wan role in the PT.

Heard it from the man's mouth himself on morning TV about 1 year ago :lol wonder what the reason for him saying it then was.

Heard it from the man's mouth himself on morning TV about 1 year ago :lol wonder what the reason for him saying it then was.

Typical high strung actor:cuckoo::lol I remember when Martin Shaw used to slag The Professionals off from morning to night, now he claims it was one of the best acting jobs he's ever done :panic:

Actors hate when a show or film becomes bigger than the actors. They think they're all Tom Cruise and get mad when its easier for fans to remember their character than them.

Actors hate when a show or film becomes bigger than the actors. They think they're all Tom Cruise and get mad when its easier for fans to remember their character than them.

Exactly what happened to Sir Alec, no? He doesn't look pissed off in behind the scenes/location videos or stills. After being such an accomplished actor, being known for SW (and approached by raving fanboys) is enough to turn one off to the entire property.

Honestly Harrison Ford is probably the only one to maybe have left the shadow of SW in the public's eye. He has been many iconic characters to us (Han, Indy, Deckard) and for nearly two decades was one of the go to action stars in other popular movies (Witness, Fugitive, Jack Ryan). People saw Harrison Ford in those, not Han Solo. The same could not be said for Hamill or Fisher. Lawson at least has the obscurity going for him so it's only the diehard fans that remember him as Wedge.

The thing that Guiness didn't seem to grasp is that SW opened a whole new world to film goers with his other films..... The Lady Killers for one i probably wouldn't have watched had i not seen Guiness in SW.

Loving these quotes from Kasdan, especially the thinly veiled knock in the PT. Also sounds like the EU will be completely ignored with these film (and huge bonus!):

[Kasdan isn't] focusing on his previous scripts or on the extended “Star Wars” universe in his approach to writing the new film.

“I’m trying to start fresh,” he said. “There are certain pleasures that we think the saga can bring to people that they’ve been missing, and we’re hoping to bring them that, and at the same time, have them feel that it’s all new.”

“The ones I worked on were a long time ago, and they had a slightly different feeling than the ones that followed,” he said. “The first three, ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Empire’ and ‘Return of the Jedi’ are all sort of more about people than the ones that followed. ‘Empire’ appeals to people, I think, because it’s the second act of a three-act play, and everything sort of goes to hell during the movie. And when you leave, everyone is in trouble, and that is the best part of the story to write. And people responded to it. Irvin Kershner was a completely different kind of director than George, so the movie’s much darker than the first ‘Star Wars.’ It’s more edgy.”

Source: https://herocomplex.latimes.com/mov...nce-kasdan-wants-spinoff-film-to-start-fresh/

Hahaha...Bubba Feet!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syYge8MJTN0[/ame]

he will get his part in 2016 ;) AND EVERYBODY WILL KNOW HIS NAME RIGHT !!! :D

to much sun makes the skin age faster.. dont tell me you didnt knew that !?!? :D

He's supposed to be about forty in ROTS, and SW takes place 20 years later. Seeing as Alec guinness was 62 at that time, he's about the right age.

According to timelines, I remember Obi-Wan being 59 during the events of ANH. Qui-Gon is supposed to be 60 in TPM. The living in the desert thing is a good enough explanation for me.

According to timelines, I remember Obi-Wan being 59 during the events of ANH. Qui-Gon is supposed to be 60 in TPM. The living in the desert thing is a good enough explanation for me.

Yup. Anything else is just splitting hairs. :exactly:

The stress of Anakin's demise stressed out Obi-Wan so much he took up smoking, by the time of ANH he was a 50 a day hermit.

Between Cap 2 and Avengers 2, SLJ has pencilled in a possible SW film?????? The intrigue continues......

As I said before, SLJ leading the cast for the 7 Jedi film would be great. Add an established good actor with a cult following, like Denzel for the lead villian and maybe a young hot actress to play a new fem Jedi and you'd have a great cast for a pg13 flik.

Back