The Official LOST Custom Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually re-painted the upper part of the body to match the head.
As for neck articulation, I ended up attaching the head using some Fimo. I just packed a little inside the head and pushed it on to the peg so it took the shape. It worked pretty well and now the head pops on and off quite nicely and has a fairly nice range of movement, as much as you can expect from a static neck figure anyway.

Well Ben has been in the works for probably over a year (it's been just about a year since he was announced)... A few months isn't going to killer.

True dat!

So here's where Hurley and Desmond stand.

Hurley so far is a TTL 3.0 that I will make a fat suit for. I picked up some stuff tonight and am hoping to at least start it over the weekend. I'll be sure to take some progress shots, and if what's in my head translates well I might even make a few to offer. We'll see though.

Shoes are PMC Tactical (Brown) I picked up from Store-Rooms and the socks are Saturday toys (they came with the Jumpsuit I bought for Juliet). The shirt is a 'Big Boy' shirt that will most likely need to be modified to be a 'Huge Boy' shirt. But I think it's a decent start. If I could only find reasonably priced cargo shorts...

Desmond = TTL 3.0 with the Hot Toys Wolverine Shirt and Jeans and the boots that came with the Saturday Toys jumpsuit.

102_2639.jpg

I saw that Big T-Shirt on ebay and thought Hurley right away,but i still think the Head will look too small for such a big body.
Your Desmond looks great,me personally want to go for the Season 3 look with a blue long sleeve shirt.

I saw that Big T-Shirt on ebay and thought Hurley right away,but i still think the Head will look too small for such a big body.
Your Desmond looks great,me personally want to go for the Season 3 look with a blue long sleeve shirt.

Yeah, I'm going to pass on the Ada Hurley. It still taunts me though...

Thanks for posting that Itchy! Some fun stuff on there! I've updated the first post with a link to it (I hope you don't mind), as well as the 'rumor' that Hurley and Kate may be next in line for head sculpts. :)

And thanks to Wor-Gar and his little ear worm I pulled the trigger on a new shirt for Ben. I did get the one he suggested (which I was honestly thinking about prior to buying the one I started out with). I threw it on his body right but it needs some TLC. After some alterations and the water treatment I think it'll work out nicely. :)
I also grabbed an M1 Carbine rifle. I'm not sure who will end up with it, but Ben called dibs first.
102_2636.jpg

As far as my other WIP's are concerned. Sawyer's waiting on his head. Juliet's coming along. I've kind of stalled on her trying to figure out how to put her name and rank on the Dharma jumpsuit.
I've dyed and taken in the Saturday Toys Prison Break Jumpsuit and Sharpied in the threads.

102_2638.jpg

I have Desmond's outfit almost completed. It's pretty much Wolverine without the jacket and undershirt. lol

I'm seriously starting to think about Hurley. I have his shoes and socks, and the base for his shirt. I'm having trouble finding a decent pair of 1/6 cargo shorts so if anyone has any leads that would be appreciated. I'm just waiting on his and Desmond's bodies to arrive before I proceed on the fattening of it. heh
That's the same shirt I got for the Ben that I'm having painted...

Well Ben has been in the works for probably over a year (it's been just about a year since he was announced)... A few months isn't going to killer.

True dat!

So here's where Hurley and Desmond stand.

Hurley so far is a TTL 3.0 that I will make a fat suit for. I picked up some stuff tonight and am hoping to at least start it over the weekend. I'll be sure to take some progress shots, and if what's in my head translates well I might even make a few to offer. We'll see though.

Shoes are PMC Tactical (Brown) I picked up from Store-Rooms and the socks are Saturday toys (they came with the Jumpsuit I bought for Juliet). The shirt is a 'Big Boy' shirt that will most likely need to be modified to be a 'Huge Boy' shirt. But I think it's a decent start. If I could only find reasonably priced cargo shorts...

Desmond = TTL 3.0 with the Hot Toys Wolverine Shirt and Jeans and the boots that came with the Saturday Toys jumpsuit.

102_2639.jpg
I was looking for a "fat" body for Hurley. I saw one on-line that I don't think used a fat suit. I cannot find it anywhere to buy, though. xl-shop had a pic on their site, but it was sold out. It was a Hong Kong actor, Andy Lau, from a movie or show called "Love on a Diet", the character, I guess was called "Fatty Lau". It was put out by a company called Worthfield. They have a pic on their website. I suspect it came out 9 years ago or so because I think I read someplace that the movie came out in 2001.

Have you ever heard of it? I haven't read all the posts, so I'm not sure if I'm repeating what someone else has gone over...I haven't tried to contact the company. Any input on where to look for obscure stuff besides google, bing, and ebay??

I haven't heard of it at all actually. I'm playing around with making a 'fat suit' out of foam. My first attempt wasn't all that successful, but with a little more time and effort on my part I think it'll end up alright.

I haven't heard of it at all actually. I'm playing around with making a 'fat suit' out of foam. My first attempt wasn't all that successful, but with a little more time and effort on my part I think it'll end up alright.
I hope it turns out for you! I did order Ada's Hurley head. We'll see... I did send Locke (Ada's) to get painted, but I ALMOST had one of Andy B's on ebay today, but was outbid at the last 5 seconds... Rats.

That sucks! You should pm MikeTek on here. He's the dude that was selling them. Rumor had it he had a few leftovers. I'm not totally sure though. They do pop up in the commerce section every now and then too. Be sure to post some pics when you get your customs together! Especially the Hurley. ;)

:monkey3

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/arMLYGplL0U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/arMLYGplL0U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered some beer cans for Sawyer :)

No problemo! I grabbed the Namaste pic, a lottery ticket, a Dharma beer, and upgraded knife for my Locke and a clipboard for Juliet....

....which segues me into what I did tonight. Did the iron-ons for Juliet's jumpsuit. I planned on doing the whole pocket as a 'patch' for her name, but I couldn't match the colour of the jumpsuit well enough. I figured the smaller 'patch' was less distracting than if I did the whole pocket and the colour was off.

The flash makes it much more garash than it looks in person. It also picks out the stitching of the jumpsuit, which in no way stands out in person either. :monkey1

I also made her taller by 1/2". And... that's it. Now she waits for a head. :monkey3

Before:
(Notice that the top of her neck is just below Sawyer's shoulder)
100_2545.jpg

After:
(now her neck just above his shoulders)
102_2679.jpg

And here's my Dharma canteen. :)

102_2673.jpg

Thanks for sharing,definitely a nice jumpsuit but i won't bother as i don't want a lost Character to be remembered as a Dharma recruit.I will dress up all my Lost figures(if we see more) in their standard look that they were remembered by.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like they've all been grabbed already so I'll keep checking back to see if they get any more in.

Back