The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The depths of my disinterest are unfathomable
There are creatures in hidden buried pools and crevices in the earth who have never known anything but darkness, creatures to whom the mere idea of the open sky or even light itself is an alien concept - and I can assure you even those creatures care more about Season 2 of Rings of Power than I do.

Gave up half way through season 1. This trailer does nothing to make me want to attempt to finish it.
Your not alone. Supposedly something like only 34% of all viewers watched the season to completion. Most didn't go further than episode 3... If it wasn't for the massive amounts of money Amazon spent on the rights and producing this catastrophe, there never would've been a season 2.0.

Your not alone. Supposedly something like only 34% of all viewers watched the season to completion. Most didn't go further than episode 3... If it wasn't for the massive amounts of money Amazon spent on the rights and producing this catastrophe, there never would've been a season 2.0.
It was bad. Take away the LOTR title and call it something else and it would still be terrible. :poop:

It was bad. Take away the LOTR title and call it something else and it would still be terrible. :poop:
I don’t even think it was bad, it was just nothing, which is worse.

Can at least have fun making fun of something that’s bad.

I don’t even think it was bad, it was just nothing, which is worse.

Can at least have fun making fun of something that’s bad.
Can see that. IMO there's actually some good ideas and images here and there.

Same for latest trailer. But with the same writers - Aragorn is wrong; in this case there is no hope.
Jump Im Out GIF by MANGOTEETH

Last edited:
Gave up half way through season 1. This trailer does nothing to make me want to attempt to finish it.
I somehow made it through the whole season, the last two episodes were better but not by much. It really fell flat. I’ll still give season two a whirl but if it doesn’t hook me in an episode or two I think I’m out. :lol

I made it through the first two episodes and noped out after Galadriel jumped in the ocean to swim all the way back to Middle Earth. From what I’ve heard the rest of the season was textbook JJ Abrams mystery box nonsense, which is my absolute least favorite type of storytelling.

I watched all of season 1 except the very last episode. You gotta be a crap series for someone to say, “ it’s just not worth it” with only 1 episode left lol.

I pushed through as much as I could but eventually I just could not take it anymore.
Did you miss Sauron making a pass at Galadriel and abusing lines from Tolkien:stake:yuck

Meanwhile poor Celeborn got left in a forest someplace to raise the kids.

They have all this money for special effects yet they're still doing "wire-fu" for the stunts that looks like something straight out of an 80s action flick.

Sounds awful lol
Oh, it was. What really got me - as a series or film series goes along, in general, you'd expect things to improve.

But there's that SPECIAL category, crowned by GOT, that actually gets worse as it goes along. I re-read, or re-watch, LOTR/Hobbit about once a year. Trying to get through the Silmarillion.

It was so bad I'm convinced that the showrunners had their grade school kids write the script while they went off to a pub afternoons.

Back