The Joe Schmo Show is back!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdb

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.spike.com/shows/the-joe-schmo-show

I stumbled on the return of this old gem two days ago! Anyone else remember the Joe Schmo Show? I rewatched them a couple years ago going the whole time, WTF that's the guy from Castle! WTF that's Rickety Cricket from It's Always Sunny! WTF that's Kristen Wiig!?!?

The new season looks fun but the reality TV they are spoofing has done a good job of spoofing itself in the last ten years so they have their work cut out for them.

I've been watching! :rock

And I definitely remember seeing S1 back in the day, but never put two and two together with some of those actors. That's crazy! I really enjoyed the first season.

So far though, I've really liked this one. I think it's a been a little more over the top so far, BUT very entertaining. I like the bounty hunter theme, and casting Lorenzo Lamas in it was classic. I liked him during the short run he had. Loved the 'spirit animal' ceremony with him screaming in the background every time another contestant was 'matched' to an animal spirit. :lol And the 'tribal counsel' ceremony with Lady Justice left me speechless. :rotfl

I've been watching! :rock

And I definitely remember seeing S1 back in the day, but never put two and two together with some of those actors. That's crazy! I really enjoyed the first season.

So far though, I've really liked this one. I think it's a been a little more over the top so far, BUT very entertaining. I like the bounty hunter theme, and casting Lorenzo Lamas in it was classic. I liked him during the short run he had. Loved the 'spirit animal' ceremony with him screaming in the background every time another contestant was 'matched' to an animal spirit. :lol And the 'tribal counsel' ceremony with Lady Justice left me speechless. :rotfl

The first season was classic! The Lady Justice bit was hilarious and I guess every "reality" TV show has to have a B lister these days so Lamas was a necessity. And well cast.

Loved that line! I met a girl at a party who is on the current season of American Idol and she said that it is just like the Joe Schmo show except they don't bother to hide how manipulative they are being and that they are all about manipulating drama and hurt feelings.

I fell behind two episodes, but got caught back up. Looking forward to tomorrow night!

Can't believe they used the speech from The Fugitive. I guess you had to live through the advertising campaign to recognize it.

If anyone caught Californication Sunday you'll have seen the 'widow' in a couple scenes. She was very topless. :love

Last edited:
I just saw Randy "The A-hole" today on a shaving cream commercial. I had to do a double-take, but sure enough, it was him! :lol

I haven't seen that one yet. "Bryce the stalker" from season 2 does a lot of commercials.

Speaking of S2, I was looking that up the other day, and I can honestly say that I don't remember S2 at all. I remember S1 pretty well, but I got nothing for S2.

With that said, I just realized that I'm missing tonight's ep... :slap

Loved that line! I met a girl at a party who is on the current season of American Idol and she said that it is just like the Joe Schmo show except they don't bother to hide how manipulative they are being and that they are all about manipulating drama and hurt feelings.

My future brother in law works in Hollywood on reality shows. And from what he has told me, they are all like that. Usually by the time they are filming the 3 rd episode, they know who the winner will be, and set everyone else up to fail spectacularly.

Back