The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, no, I would LOVE to see that. :lol

But the only issue is money and all that. But it would be cool if different theaters had different prints. So you don't know which outcome you're going to get! :D

I honestly can't see another horror film existing after this.

They pretty much did everything they could with the genre in this one. :lol

I'm not a big horror film fan at all, but the fact that I'm a Whedon fan and that the trailer made me go "WTF?" in my head makes me think that this will be difficult to pass up, especially considering that these past few weeks have skimped on any films that I'm remotely interested in.

Oh, no, I would LOVE to see that. :lol

But the only issue is money and all that. But it would be cool if different theaters had different prints. So you don't know which outcome you're going to get! :D

:nana:

That would be a pretty cool advertising move to show the different versions in different theaters across the country. Then of course have them all available on the dvd/blu ray set. However, I think i'd go nuts not being able to see them all, haha.

But I agree, the money and whatnot is the biggest limiting factor for something like that. What a shame. It could be the next innovative step in movies. Shooting them multiple times but alternate ways. Of course, people would complain about seeing the exact same beginning of the film... but eh. :dunno

Great film until the elevator scene (Thanks trailer for spoiling that part) then it just became overkill, and I really did not like the ending. However I think I need to watch it again, just to see if I will enjoy it more now I know what it was all about.

Well it got too referency for me, and a bit too tongue in cheek, that and it forgot to be scary and became a slapstick comedy. When the ending came I kind of shrugged my shoulders and did not care what happened to who was left.
For me American Werewolf in London, and Shaun of the Dead are still the best examples of horror comedy.

Must see this. :)

btw I don't know why we keep saying Whedon Whedon Whedon, when it was Goddard who direct and wrote it correct? But I am glad Whedon is tied down to this. :)

This movie was EASILY 9/10 for me! Wow, I don't remember the last time I walked out of a movie theatre with a smile on my face. Definitely a movie that is better if you don't know ANYTHING. Can't wait to see this again, there was so much I know I missed. Love the name of the black guy. Dayum, I miss Whedon. So good to see him in full form again. Here's to hoping we see more stuff from Whedon and Goddard.

For me American Werewolf in London, and Shaun of the Dead are still the best examples of horror comedy.

I'd add Evil Dead to that list.

This movie was EASILY 9/10 for me! Wow, I don't remember the last time I walked out of a movie theatre with a smile on my face. Definitely a movie that is better if you don't know ANYTHING. Can't wait to see this again, there was so much I know I missed. Love the name of the black guy. Dayum, I miss Whedon. So good to see him in full form again. Here's to hoping we see more stuff from Whedon and Goddard.

I'd add Evil Dead to that list.

I'll add Evil Dead II

Not really in the same category, but I thought Ravenous was outstanding too, and quite funny.

Also, Bad Taste.

Not the bees!!!

Bad Taste! :lol

I saw that film during class in high school a few years back.

I WISH I saw something like Bad Taste in school!

More to add to the list:

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil
Feast - surprisingly good
Fido
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Tremors

Some of these are more comedy than horror, but all very entertaining.

Back