The Alien Anthology Blu-Ray Alien Egg Boxset Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how is Aliens in Blu-ray? somebody give me a review on the transfer, sound etc., I may not be able to get this for a while.

I follow Darth Madden --But If anyone has the card--with used code--can you please PM me--Really cool Sideshow card--
Remember Darth Madden asked first -then me:monkey3

I follow Darth Madden --But If anyone has the card--with used code--can you please PM me--Really cool Sideshow card--

Hey Thanks for the plug. I'm sure we'll both end up with one. :)

To save on money you're planning to paint a chicken egg and glue it to the side of your VHS boxset.

pmsl:)

Does look cheap though and although I love aliens and would like to see the cleaned up version and watch the extras I won't be buying this.

Dont' like the big egg either looks silly and just brings tears to my eyes wondering how the queen popped that out.

Darth Madden got one---I am still looking for just the card

The BTTF "delorean" boxset was cancelled I see, something about universal not being happy with the quality of the product. I have this egg sitting on my desk. It is sooo tacky and cheap looking, but I kinda like that. Maybe Fox don't have a quality control department like Universal?!

All time best one of these sets IMHO is the Watchman Owlship. Brilliantly done and looks like an expensive collectible.

Well seeing as this only cost me £43 more than the standard set, I did not expect a wondrous polystone work of art. I'm happy with it, and I'm sure it will be sort after in a few years time, regardless of how it looks

Sad to hear the quality of the egg figure is bad. I thought the whole look was stupid anyways. Why is an alien hugging a gigantic egg? Looks very poorly defined.

However I have seen Aliens and it looks great. Not "amazing oh my god how they cleaned it up" great, but still great. They really cleaned up those exterior shots too (the dropship flying through the collapsing facility for example).

Considering the film used for the movie it is very clean. I was expecting more but I'm not going to say I was disappointed. It's never looked better.

For the very first time too I can notice the blues used on the aliens that you can see on the Hot Toys Aliens Warrior figure, especially notable on the queen once she gets on the Sulaco.

What's wrong with your left thumb? It looks nasty, pop it and pour some alcohol on it. Good review.

One of the miniature shots of the tank leaving, look in the background you can see a giant head operating the remote control tank!
Don't think this has been spotted before!

Of course this egg box set it crap. Every blu-ray/statue box sets will always be extreamly poor quality their just ment to sell a few more units. Their not intended for collectors with an eye for detail..come on people. Thair made on an assembly line right next to cabbage patch dolls for all we know. If your a blu-ray collector and appreciate the movie then just get this in its normal blu-ray casing. How the hell are you suppose to keep this with your other blu-rays anyway?

Chris

Back