Stephen King's THE DARK TOWER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Tower Trilogy & Series

I did a search but didn't see it. Maybe I should have started a poll. :(

VERY interested in seeing how this develops, but I am hesitant. Just not the people I want at all behind a project of this magnitude. I like Ron Howard as a director, but not enough to handle one of my favorite stories ever told. And Akiva Goldsman is so hit and miss as a screenwriter. I love his script for a Beautiful Mind BUT he also gave us the travesties of Batman Forever, Batman & Robin and Lost in Space. I dont see him handling the characters of Roland, Eddie, Jake and Suzanna correct. Please prove me wrong.
As far as casting goes, man I will never picture anyone playing Roland besides Clint Eastwood. He is Roland to me and who I see in my head while reading the books.

I always wanted eastwood to play roland but it just took too damn long for them to get this project in gear.

I'm really curious how this will translate. I love the books, but there are parts that while I was reading them I was thinking "man, this could come off very silly on film." I just hope they do Father Callahan's story justice.

They should just stick with the HBO series, and forget feature films. There's no way you can do it properly without either truncating the hell out of the story or doing a huge Harry Potter style run of films, and that's definitely not going to happen.

I can easily see the first book as a film, and moving on to use a tv series to tell the rest of the story.

I think a perfect Roland would be Timothy Olyphant, although Viggo Mortensen might work as well.

Back