Statues Or 1/6 Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6, I like to choose my own poses. With a statue, if you don't like the given pose you're sol. PF's are also space hogs and tough to display unless you have ton of room.

Almost 1:6 exclusively. I have a couple of LOTR statues, pvc anime girls, DC's Cover Girls, and ANH Leia PF. I'm done with the LOTR and anime. Only two more PF's to go, and the DC girls are anyone's guess.

But, if something needed selling, the statues would be the first to go.

Both. I would be bored of this hobby if I didn't collect both. Variety is the spice of life. That and I am not narrow minded like the rest of you. :monkey3

I collect both 1:6 figures and statues. I also collect other scale figures, replicas and props, a few busts etc.

Very select 1/6th scale figures. The majority of my collection is DC or Marvel movie characters with a few iconic characters mixed in. How is that for narrow-minded :D

Statues...figures are nice (Enterbay specifically), but at the end of the day they're just figures.

Statues can be passed off as a piece of art, and most of the time they're more valuable.

1/6 only!

Have never bought nor will ever buy a PF/statue/bust/prop...

Of course, the price is an issue, but I think that the 1/6th of todays are the toys I would have wanted as a kid. So they fullfill a dream.
Moreover, let's face it, al these stuff are overpriced and have no real value at all! We are just ready to pay because we collect them! In 20 years, who will care about a 1/6 or PF of an obscure character from an even worse movie like, say, Van Helsing? So 1/6 are just that, toys! PF and the like are not even that!

statues or PFs mainly.

I prefer the impact and display of the larger pieces and less of them.
If I was still into 1:6 I would have a ton and visually be back to my McFarlane "shelf full o toys" days. And thats just not what Im looking for anymore.

Mostly 1/6 scale figures. Statues look nice, but at the end of the day are just lumps of plastic or metal compounds. 1/6 scale figures can be passed off as works of art, and in the long run will be more valuable.

wow so many different opinions! i love it! , i collect both because there are just too many things that catch my eye!

Back