Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Growing list of aliens -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

That was me asked him to do the tank commander. I didn't realise it was the same person doing these. Lol.

I had to revise my request cause the designs and the sizes look so good!

Son of Dengar's updated list! - Klaatu (Wooof) #1 x 1, Klaatu (skiff) #2 x 1, Barada x1, Nikto x 1, Tessek x1

Hi guys, I registered here yesterday. ( I'm the sculpting bloke who made the heads ) I had asked you lot for measurements for the heads, but got different results from everybody :D hence I did not upload the heads yet. Let's make a team effort and settle for some measurements that will not require rescaling and big tears later on because the heads were too big or small. I'd like to get them right the first time around.

I also read through the thread here and will do some variants of the Nikto and Tessek to get them more ROTJ screen accurate, the Quarren I made is based on "a random Quarren" as seen in the battlefront game and the Nikto was made using reference from some Jedi in Ep I-III which kind of looks very different to the skiff guy.

So yeah. Let's get this done shall we? :hi5:

EDIT: Technically I only need measurements for the quarren, as the software I use can export all the rest in proportion to the largest object in the project.

Looking at the Quarren pics here, the hands are completely different from the ones I based mine on, so will do some new ROTJ quarrenescque hands too once I get around to do the variants of the Quarren and Nikto.

Hi guys, I registered here yesterday. ( I'm the sculpting bloke who made the heads ) I had asked you lot for measurements for the heads, but got different results from everybody :D hence I did not upload the heads yet. Let's make a team effort and settle for some measurements that will not require rescaling and big tears later on because the heads were too big or small. I'd like to get them right the first time around.

I also read through the thread here and will do some variants of the Nikto and Tessek to get them more ROTJ screen accurate, the Quarren I made is based on "a random Quarren" as seen in the battlefront game and the Nikto was made using reference from some Jedi in Ep I-III which kind of looks very different to the skiff guy.

So yeah. Let's get this done shall we? :hi5:

EDIT: Technically I only need measurements for the quarren, as the software I use can export all the rest in proportion to the largest object in the project.

Looking at the Quarren pics here, the hands are completely different from the ones I based mine on, so will do some new ROTJ quarrenescque hands too once I get around to do the variants of the Quarren and Nikto.

Welcome to the boards! And thank you so much for doing this for us, it's really awesome. I had gone back and forth on some PM's with generalgrievous about the Squidhead measurements so those are posted below. I don’t know the exact measurements of the squid head prop scaled down to 1/6 but I can give you the measurements of the head I sculpted, hopefully it can help somewhat. I’ll include inches and centimeters to provide more accuracy. Keep in mind I just eyeballed the size of this head while I was sculpting it in reference to HT's human head sculpts:

Height of head from top to bottom: 2 and 10/16 inches or 6.7 cm

Width of head at the wings: 3.5 inches or 9 cm

Depth of head front to back: 2 and 6/16 inches or 6 cm

Length of base of tentacles to tip: 2 inches or 5 cm

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else.

OK guys, they are all up on shapeways and ready to get printed. I personally recommend the smooth plastic materials, but they are a bit pricey. Can't wait to see them with a bit of paint slapped onto them.

Some of them were not possible to print in certain materials due to fine detail ( Klaatus ) and some were not possible in the finest detail stuff because of their size and the maximum build space those printers offer ( Quarren and the helmet )

Next week I might have a bit of spare time to work on variants and redo those Quarren hands. I'll post updates into this thread if that's OK with you lot. Until then, may the force be with you!

OK guys, they are all up on shapeways and ready to get printed. I personally recommend the smooth plastic materials, but they are a bit pricey. Can't wait to see them with a bit of paint slapped onto them.

Some of them were not possible to print in certain materials due to fine detail ( Klaatus ) and some were not possible in the finest detail stuff because of their size and the maximum build space those printers offer ( Quarren and the helmet )

Next week I might have a bit of spare time to work on variants and redo those Quarren hands. I'll post updates into this thread if that's OK with you lot. Until then, may the force be with you!

Thanks for doing these - they look really awesome. And yeah. I'd love to get a Squidhead that looks like the one from ROTJ.

Which material do you recommend for the Klaatus? Smoothest Fine or is White processed good enough?

Also were you able to test these next to regular 1/6 heads for scale? That's my only concern is that these have maybe never been printed and placed next to a regular 1/6 head, so might look under or oversized. Usually with custom heads people will take a pic next to a somewhat "known/common" 1/6 head so people can say "looks about right."

I only say this because a company did some Indy heads a while back that were 3D sculpted and a few things happened - they looked great in the 3D space but actual prints got ever-so-slightly "squashed" and also the heads turned out maybe 5-10% undersized, which looked a bit weird (so despite a great sculpt they were vertically squished/narrowed a tiny bit and a bit too small on a 1/6 body.) Alien heads you have a bit more leeway with though.

Hey there, it's NOT the ROTJ Squiddo yet, it's a random Quarren as of now, with a little luck I should get around to make the Tessek Quarren next week.

I certainly do recommend the smoothest Fine material, it's pricy but worth it imo. The white processed stuff is OKish but lacks detail and has a slightly rough surface.

I have no 1/6 scale figures myself, so no that's not possible to take pics next to something "known". Neither have I printed any of the heads myself. The size of them is based on the measurements I got here and from the pics Steven send ( and posted in this thread here too ) so the size should be pretty spot on. Each model specifies the size on the page, if you are not sure about the size, you can compare those measurements to heads you own.

As for squashed stuff, that never happened to me at shapeways so far and their prints have been great quality, should there be issues with prints, they react fast and make sure you end up with a product you are satisfied with.

EDIT: Btw I also made these last week:

cantinafurniture8pu8h.jpg

I could export them in 1:6 if they are useful to you guys. Is there any interest in those or weaponry and alike?

Hey there, it's NOT the ROTJ Squiddo yet, it's a random Quarren as of now, with a little luck I should get around to make the Tessek Quarren next week.

I certainly do recommend the smoothest Fine material, it's pricy but worth it imo. The white processed stuff is OKish but lacks detail and has a slightly rough surface.

I have no 1/6 scale figures myself, so no that's not possible to take pics next to something "known". Neither have I printed any of the heads myself. The size of them is based on the measurements I got here and from the pics Steven send ( and posted in this thread here too ) so the size should be pretty spot on. Each model specifies the size on the page, if you are not sure about the size, you can compare those measurements to heads you own.

As for squashed stuff, that never happened to me at shapeways so far and their prints have been great quality, should there be issues with prints, they react fast and make sure you end up with a product you are satisfied with.

EDIT: Btw I also made these last week:

cantinafurniture8pu8h.jpg

I could export them in 1:6 if they are useful to you guys. Is there any interest in those or weaponry and alike?

Would love the cantina table/chairs, but how much would they be 3D printed? It would maybe be better if someone like Lopie with casting skills could cast the 3D print and sell resin casts. Those look to be pretty easy objects to cast.

Can you do your Hoth Turret and Radar dish cannon in 1/6? Those would be ultimate 1/6 pieces, but my guess is they'd be super expensive to print, even hollow (though to be fair, if Sideshow diid them they'd be $200+ each anyway.)

There's a long list of weapons/accessories I'll come up with - first being an accurate Rebel Fleet Trooper blaster (the one that came with HT Leia Hoth is really inaccurate) and Yoda's Dagobah lantern which everyone would love because the HT one was 50% the size it should be. Also, there's a couple of pole weapons that go with Klaatu and the other creatures.

Thank you Mati for hooking us up; I placed my order today. I'd like to keep this page open, so we can post pics of our customs.

I placed an order for Klaatu #2 (Skiff Guard). I got the smooth, fine detail version. If I like what I see, I will order some more.

Thanks guys for making this happen.

I placed an order for Klaatu #2 (Skiff Guard). I got the smooth, fine detail version. If I like what I see, I will order some more.

Thanks guys for making this happen.
I saw it and I liked it so I did the same placed an order for the KLaatu #2 skiff guard. hope it turns out as great as the photo showed.

Thanks again everyone. Since some of you have already ordered before I read that they are available, I’ll wait to see the sizes before I place my order. I usually buy multiples of each in the highest detail possible. As mentioned, I think it is definitely worth the extra cost. When I bought the cheap material, it was quite challenging to drill out the materials for a neck plug and other Dremel related adjustments.

I really like that Mati makes different versions available. He’s awesome. He’s Ace!

It’s a wonderful idea to organize a thread like this too. Right after rogue one, I sent Mati a “wish list” / “If he had time list”.

Please let me know if anyone wants to see photos of some of his other 3D creations/my customs (Not Star Wars related). I don’t want anybody fussing at me again and hurting my feelings for posting non-Star Wars. My interests and collections span the multi-verse.

Steven

Thanks again everyone. Since some of you have already ordered before I read that they are available, I’ll wait to see the sizes before I place my order. I usually buy multiples of each in the highest detail possible. As mentioned, I think it is definitely worth the extra cost. When I bought the cheap material, it was quite challenging to drill out the materials for a neck plug and other Dremel related adjustments.

I really like that Mati makes different versions available. He’s awesome. He’s Ace!

It’s a wonderful idea to organize a thread like this too. Right after rogue one, I sent Mati a “wish list” / “If he had time list”.

Please let me know if anyone wants to see photos of some of his other 3D creations/my customs (Not Star Wars related). I don’t want anybody fussing at me again and hurting my feelings for posting non-Star Wars. My interests and collections span the multi-verse.

Steven

Hey Steven,

Is it possible to share the dimensions of your Tessek Quarren and his hands for Ace? The hands especially blew me away. I also love the bulbousness of his head. Pretty amazing!

Btw Ace, your work is phenomenal. Any plans to do other aliens yet? Taking suggestions?

Steven

I've been able to see some of your customs, but I would love for you post some pics here.

Hey Steven,

Is it possible to share the dimensions of your Tessek Quarren and his hands for Ace? The hands especially blew me away. I also love the bulbousness of his head. Pretty amazing!

Btw Ace, your work is phenomenal. Any plans to do other aliens yet? Taking suggestions?

Cheers, glad you like my work, seriously appreciate it.

And yes, I definately plan to do more whenever the time allows for it, I am quite busy with commission work at the moment, but whenever I can I'll try to squeeze a head inbetween. Some aliens I would like to do are the butt-faced guy that gets his arm cut off in the cantina and an Ugnaught, I always liked those little pig faced carbonite freezing dudes. Apart from those two Elis Helrot always caught my attention with his "sad facial expression", so that one will be done at some point too. I think there are quite a bunch of others that would also be interesting to sculpt, like Mosep Binned and the Cyclopy bloke whose name eludes me right now.

If you have special wishes however, maybe we should get a list started in this very thread and whenever I can I'll see what I can do about it. I was asked yesterday ( or today, don't remember ) if it would be possible to do an Amanaman and yes that's possible, however at his size printing it would cost a kidney, so I will have to look into getting it printed elsewhere instead. A colleague of mine owns a 3D pritner with great resolution and he previously printed some models for Steven. I'll see if that would also be possible for other larger stuff. I'll keep you posted about it.

Also Stevens paintjobs were great, some serious love went into them and you can tell. You really miss out on his splendid work should you not look at his pics.

Right, bedtime for me. Talk soon guys.

Hey Steven,

I’ll do my best to try to help. :)
Here is a pic of one of my Quarren aliens using the Master Enaud resin parts. The calipers show the measurement from the wrist to the tip of the "finger."
308B96A7-2FAC-418A-A6BE-B53333983347.jpeg

78 mm
FCD3C544-DE23-4EBD-BACE-91F849C2A792.jpeg

Ace (love Red Dwarf) made these alien Arex hands. I am currently planning to also use them for a one of a kind alien. I also added one of Ace's other alien heads.
A235CB05-5344-476F-90EE-17F0B1E5AB27.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been able to see some of your customs, but I would love for you post some pics here.

Thanks so much. Nice comments from you and others are greatly appreciated. :D

Here are a few examples and please forgive any repeats or "old news." I look forward to having different alien versions for the diversity.

I also wanted to show how the Master Enaud version / measurements look on a body.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Quarren Pilot Duros Ape Droid.JPG

Cheers, glad you like my work, seriously appreciate it.

And yes, I definately plan to do more whenever the time allows for it, I am quite busy with commission work at the moment, but whenever I can I'll try to squeeze a head inbetween. Some aliens I would like to do are the butt-faced guy that gets his arm cut off in the cantina and an Ugnaught, I always liked those little pig faced carbonite freezing dudes. Apart from those two Elis Helrot always caught my attention with his "sad facial expression", so that one will be done at some point too. I think there are quite a bunch of others that would also be interesting to sculpt, like Mosep Binned and the Cyclopy bloke whose name eludes me right now.

If you have special wishes however, maybe we should get a list started in this very thread and whenever I can I'll see what I can do about it. I was asked yesterday ( or today, don't remember ) if it would be possible to do an Amanaman and yes that's possible, however at his size printing it would cost a kidney, so I will have to look into getting it printed elsewhere instead. A colleague of mine owns a 3D pritner with great resolution and he previously printed some models for Steven. I'll see if that would also be possible for other larger stuff. I'll keep you posted about it.

Also Stevens paintjobs were great, some serious love went into them and you can tell. You really miss out on his splendid work should you not look at his pics.

Right, bedtime for me. Talk soon guys.

Thank you.
As you can see, I love all the aliens you mentioned. :D

Cantina October 2013.jpg

Ugnaught trio my custom.jpg

Cantina aliens my star wars customs.jpg

Back