poison ivy repainted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realize that paint job cost nearly twice what the originsl statue cost? Thankfully my Ivy's paint was fine, not nearly as cool as this repaint, but fine.

Exactly. How many peeps are willing to spend a grand for an Ivy that looks like this? I will say it looks OUTSTANDING. However, I'm in the same boat that you are. I'm grateful that my Ivy turned out nice. I couldn't afford to drop the dollars johnny paid for the repaint.

T

This alone, though, makes a world of difference. Such a beautiful stare. When will SS ever learn? :gah:

received_m_mid_1381032986044_dae7ddadfb915f0733_0.jpeg

The rest of the repaint is also excellent, congrats.

:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool Manually Closes Mouth

what happened to quality control, holy **** that sideshow painting.
that's what happens when things get mass produced.

Im sure its been said before but its ridiculous that we don't get that quality paint straight outta the box, If SSC could guarantee that they'd do far more business.

Im sure its been said before but its ridiculous that we don't get that quality paint straight outta the box, If SSC could guarantee that they'd do far more business.

They can guarantee it. The problem is they can't guarantee it at $400. The paint job everyone is drooling over cost much more than SSC spent on Ivy. Would you be willing to pay SSC a grand for the Ivy johnny has? That's what it cost him. The painter who did the work on johnny's Ivy is a master. His work is incredible. No Chinese factory worker can reproduce that kind of quality. Not at the price SSC is charging. That all being said, I don't think it's too much to ask for eyes to be straight or for paint to stay in between the lines for what we pay.

Yea only very few i would pay 1000 $ for.
I don't mind that sideshow don't paint as awesome as john, but when they first promise prototype, then nah we can't do that so show us a final, ( even though they who said theres ivy is gorgous i send it to john before i saw it because not satisfied with final) and then this shows up it is not okay of sideshow.

Sometimes I wish I didn't see these pictures because if I can't get John Allred to do one for me I feel like my Ivy is worthless! May end up selling her soon if I don't get a respond from him.

Sometimes I wish I didn't see these pictures because if I can't get John Allred to do one for me I feel like my Ivy is worthless! May end up selling her soon if I don't get a respond from him.

Find him on Facebook John Allred, he respons pretty fast in there :)

That all being said, I don't think it's too much to ask for eyes to be straight or for paint to stay in between the lines for what we pay.

This. A thousand times THIS. I find it inconceivable they keep messing that up. And yet it still happens. Over and over. WTF, Sideshow. :slap

Last edited:
Gorgeous! i could do without the orange leaf even though it's a nice detail but I love the shade of green and the reworked base is outstanding! :clap:clap

SS can´t made a great paint job like this one because they are just AVARICIOUS

the last video of SS "thanks you" seems revolting,they have the face so hard

and are unable to break a miserable penny to quality, if we delay to learn they win

hopefully bowen, gentle giant, bliztway etc... put batteries in the 1/4 scale

SS can´t made a great paint job like this one because they are just AVARICIOUS

the last video of SS "thanks you" seems revolting,they have the face so hard

and are unable to break a miserable penny to quality, if we delay to learn they win

hopefully bowen, gentle giant, bliztway etc... put batteries in the 1/4 scale

Bowen will never touch 1/4 scale, and no-one knows what Gentle Giant is doing or what the price will be

Bowen will never touch 1/4 scale, and no-one knows what Gentle Giant is doing or what the price will be

Doesn't even matter if Bowen or Gentle Giant did get into 1/4 scale. Neither of their paint apps would look this good either. People need to face facts. Larger production runs, even if its under 1000 won't touch a one off done by a professional. The details in this fantastic piece show that.

Doesn't even matter if Bowen or Gentle Giant did get into 1/4 scale. Neither of their paint apps would look this good either. People need to face facts. Larger production runs, even if its under 1000 won't touch a one off done by a professional. The details in this fantastic piece show that.

THIS! :exactly: :lecture

Master painter > Chinese factory worker EVERY TIME!

Yea, the re-paint on this Ivy is incredible, probably equal to the paint master sideshow has. But there is no way to expect Sideshow to put out 1000s of these at that level of quality - if we were actually expecting that, the edition size would probably barely be in triple digits.

And if you are willing to pay 1000 to SS for this, then just get it repainted, there are many amazing painters out there, but it would not be available for 350.

Back