NECA: Prometheus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:
I'm a little surprised you liked the proto-zeno. Not that I know you personally, I just wasn't that crazy on the design myself, and I find I almost always agree with your opinion, heh.

*shrug*, I probably would've liked it more if it wasn't shown in such a brightly lit scene
Spoiler Spoiler:

The ProtoXeno isn't my favorite design ever just from an aesthetics standpoint. But from a story standpoint I really like it. I like how smooth it is. I think it's a nice contrast to the more developed Xeno's later. I'm not sure how cool a figure it'll be because of that, but I'll buy it. :)

Has NECA ever done vehicles? Cause I really want a Prometheus and Engineer ship. :mad:

Agreed!!! We don't get enough space ship toys these days in any toy line. It makes me sad because there are some really cool ships in various shows and movies and they seem to be overlooked. I was excited when Dark Horse made the Normandy from Mass Effect but it's so itty bitty. I wish we could get some cool lights and sounds ships like the Playmates lines had (though hopefully with better paint and sculpts like the DST Star Trek ships.)

Has NECA ever done vehicles? Cause I really want a Prometheus and Engineer ship. :mad:

Agreed!!! We don't get enough space ship toys these days in any toy line. It makes me sad because there are some really cool ships in various shows and movies and they seem to be overlooked. I was excited when Dark Horse made the Normandy from Mass Effect but it's so itty bitty. I wish we could get some cool lights and sounds ships like the Playmates lines had (though hopefully with better paint and sculpts like the DST Star Trek ships.)

Lego Prometheus ship FTW!

So, I asked the awesome folks at NECA via twitter about this. Here's the response:

@NECA_TOYS - Would you guys ever consider ships from Prometheus and ALIEN? Maybe with lights at a decent scale? We need some good spaceships

@jonwesleyhuff define decent scale? miniatures are possible but larger are too $$$ unless possibly in resin

@NECA_TOYS I think something like 7'' long for Prometheus would be nice. Just to get in some decent detail. I'd take minis in a pinch though

@jonwesleyhuff looking into this and the possibilities currently

The ProtoXeno isn't my favorite design ever just from an aesthetics standpoint. But from a story standpoint I really like it. I like how smooth it is. I think it's a nice contrast to the more developed Xeno's later. I'm not sure how cool a figure it'll be because of that, but I'll buy it. :)
You've got to remember that the Deacon is probably just a chestburster at that time.

Somthing the size of the Hasbro Star Wars Action Fleet figures is what I would expect from NECA if they did do it.

I'm tired of playing with my Y-Wing and pretending it's the Prometheus...

I should get out more. :lol

Ships from NECA? Have they ever done anything like that before?

Well I might be interested if they went ahead.

In addition to the ships and vehicles from the Alien films I'd like to see flying Hunter Killer and Tank HK from T1 and T2.

Awesome about the scale of those Engineers. I noticed NECA retweeted my tweet saying they needed an Engineer chair, Shaw Vickers and a couple Davids. I know it means nothing, but I'd like to think that means they are all possibilities. :)

They also said 4 more figures are going to be released this summer. So that's cool. Glad to hear they more planned beyond that already though.

Summer?

So is that before or after series 1? 'cause i'm pretty sure that's coming out after summer.

Summer?

So is that before or after series 1? 'cause i'm pretty sure that's coming out after summer.

I was confused about that as well. The first two figures are coming out in September, I believe. Maybe they meant they are showing them at SDCC then for a release shortly after the first wave?

Well, now that I finally got to see the movie I can come in here and look at the pretty pictures!
While the movie didn't amaze me story-wise, I loved most of the designs. Looking forward to some NECA Prometheus goodness.

Back