NECA gets E.T. license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Sweetness!!
First new Gremlins and now E.T.!
I hope we get a few cool E.T.s!!
And hopefully a scaled ship!
:pray:

https://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=17778

NECA Get's E.T. License
by Jay Cochran in NECA at 10:49 AM on 2011.10.10

The National Entertainment Collectibles Association, Inc. (NECA) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Universal Partnerships & Licensing to produce consumer products around the 30th Anniversary of the film E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial next year.

An unforgettable adventure filled with unparalleled magic and imagination, E.T: The Extra Terrestrial, follows the moving story of a lost little alien who befriends 10-year-old Elliott. Director Steven Spielberg’s heartwarming masterpiece is one of the brightest stars in motion picture history, and it continues to captivate audiences around the world.

Merchandise will include action figures, plush, toys, bobble heads, giftware, and more. Initial product launch will begin in March 2012.

“We’re very excited to bring E.T. back to toy shelves and to new generations of fans and collectors worldwide,” said Randy Falk, Director of Product Development at NECA.

I might buy a good E.T. It would go well with Star Wars.

Heck, Sideshow should automatically have the E.T. rights because E.T.s were seen in Phantom Menace.

This is great news! Hot Toys will be getting this soon...I will wait for the 2nd reissue!

This is great news! Hot Toys will be getting this soon...I will wait for the 2nd reissue!

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I'd buy a boxed set of Elliot on his bike w/ ET in the basket. You could display that with any Spielberg merch since it's the Amblin logo. :)

the hand is weird, but the figures look cool. if hot toys gets the license, i'd love to see an et and elliot 2 pack with the bicycle.

The hand! My god they'll make anything. So now I can go 'Ouchhh' in a creepy voice while pointing at people! Great, what I've always wanted!

the hand is weird, but the figures look cool. if hot toys gets the license, i'd love to see an et and elliot 2 pack with the bicycle.

I don't think HT has any Universal Studios figures... it would be cool though...

ET's spaceship gives him a big ol' doggy boner!

:lol

Apparently it's based on a vintage "boner-free" one by LJN

!B72u7+!!mk~$(KGrHqUOKjcEycuPoW)WBM1cGmf7h!~~0_35.JPG

34234_grande.jpg

I guess the replica hand is better than the finger they did back in 1982. :lol

$(KGrHqN,!qEE63Z2gEQMBPC,z)DSKg~~60_3.JPG

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
I'm sure that was a popular E.T. item for moms...
Mom: "Hey Jimmy, can I borrow one of your E.T. toys, honey?"

oh man oh man oh man tell me NECA is going to do the ET with reeces pieces!! ive been waiting many many many years for this!

Ha Ha!

I love the film but doubt I would ever buy anything to do with ET though. Gremlins on the other hand would be cool!

I think rights might be for E.T. only...

First look!

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=139&itemid=18178

Replica hand?... weird :dunno

E.T.-replica-glowing-hand-N.jpg

I guess the replica hand is better than the finger they did back in 1982. :lol

$(KGrHqN,!qEE63Z2gEQMBPC,z)DSKg~~60_3.JPG

Oh God I could see the hand becoming a weird sex fetish thing.......:horror

if someone owns both the finger and the hand but they are not a big fan of E.T. I would be very suspicious...
(thank god the finger lights up and not vibrate LOL)

Ha Ha!

I love the film but doubt I would ever buy anything to do with ET though. Gremlins on the other hand would be cool!

You need to check the neca gremlins thread in the general colectables.
There already out.

Back