Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, it looks awesome. I have 2 dx12s...I think I might attempt this mod, considering I'm using the dx02 mouth on my figure and actually prefer it over the stock mouth. However, you mentioned that painting was involved...so I really have to think hard on doing this mod.

Thanks, man!

If you have spares and have confidence in your Exacto knife skills, then I say go for it! I had to paint mine because I was kind of rough when opening the mouth. Perhaps if you heat it up before trying to pry apart the lips you can avoid rubbing off paint altogether. But I do recommend painting the inside of the mouth a dark pink to simulate a tongue. The faceplate material is a bright cream color once cut so it looks strange leaving it that color after you open up the mouth.

Good luck!

Wow! Just saw this thread! Hats off to Mags!

Anyone can be a fan, but this level of passion, the stickler for perfection to bring out the best is highly commendable. :clap

Will frequent this place more when I get the DX12 : p

Definitely better than the smirk. But why the Medi body?

I bought the head loose on ebay. It's sitting tight on the Medi body until BBTS decides to send me my whole DX12 (hopefully soon) :pray:

Then I can get started on some of the body mods, as you have expertly shown. Not sure if I will do them all, but I enjoy modding so who knows.

My second attempt at modding the DX12 mouth plates was on the "teeth" plate. In short, I completely removed the teeth leaving the mouth agape (see attached photos). This mod was even more difficult than the other mod but required no paint touch ups. It basically involved completely removing the teeth from the mouth plate. This can be done because they are actually a separate piece glued into the face in the back of the plate. In the attached photos you can see that I also carved away much of the back of the plate so that it would sit deeper into the head.

My basic steps for this process were 1) remove the teeth by cutting them out from the back of the plate and then pushing them out from the front, though the mouth 2) cut off both the bottom and top rows of teeth 3) paint the remaining "tongue" portion dark pink and 5) re-insert it into the mouth portion of the plate. I then made sure I was happy with the mod and super glued the "tongue" into the plate permanently. I left the peg in tact so it would still sit in the head sculpt properly.

I'm not sure which mouth I prefer but I like both much better than the stock mouth plates. And now with the painted eyelids, I think this head is much nicer than my Medi head. But, to each his own.

Fellow DX-12 owners/modders. Last night, I went crazy, and remove the PERS on my bats. It was a dreadful experience, never did anything that extreme to any of my other collectibles before, I believe I cried a little. Anyway, I'm gonna paint that sucka' tonight. Question to anyone who's removed the PERS before... How the hell do I put 'em back together?

They pop in pretty easy actually. I just do it all with a tweezers.

However, to be clear, I've never had to put them back as a functioning PERS unit, which might be a lot harder. Perhaps others can comment on that.

Fellow DX-12 owners/modders. Last night, I went crazy, and remove the PERS on my bats. It was a dreadful experience, never did anything that extreme to any of my other collectibles before, I believe I cried a little. Anyway, I'm gonna paint that sucka' tonight. Question to anyone who's removed the PERS before... How the hell do I put 'em back together?

the opposite steps that you took to take it out

the opposite steps that you took to take it out

Errr.... yes, of course. BUT, do you think I should glue everything back together, also, the first layer of the metallic circular thingy, that goes at the inside-bottom of the head, are pretty much bent, out of shape now, from all the plying.

Hmm... I didn't do any ungluing... just popped the eyes out. :dunno

The eyes did pop out easily, but I also removed the eye sockets area, for painting. Those things were glued tight. Looking back now... I probably shouldn't have removed it. :slap

Rorywan removed the PERS plate, but that was for sculpting. Definitely overkill for just painting. :peace

Rorywan removed the PERS plate, but that was for sculpting. Definitely overkill for just painting. :peace

DAMN! WHAT HAVE I DONE!!! I'll glue it back after painting. I seriously was not thinking.

Finally got brave and tried some mods lol at the moment I've only done the shoulder mod (heating and freezing) and the neck mod. Now I didn't think that the neck mod would make much difference and even though its subtle there is a difference. May take me another week but I may get brave and do a glove mod lol

1A851B1E-B52D-49EE-9330-F55DE4337B33-38719-00000AAA961DC0BA.jpg

EAD6D04B-DA8B-4708-9B0D-532A2C0C68C0-38719-00000AAA7A5A3E17.jpg

0C2102F2-1478-4E6C-8529-BE3AA11FA5A0-38719-00000AAA60BAC79B.jpg

DA1AAD4A-BDC5-4030-8E04-60E675DC134D-38719-00000AAAB961032E.jpg

08DFE611-0312-4EB4-A821-187E38F0922C-38719-00000AAA8482954C.jpg

Maglor. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you say, somewhere, that you didn't put the PERS system in? That you got it working with some other method? One of the reasons I popped the PERS out, was because the eyes were a bit misaligned.

A couple shots...did the elbow, shoulder, gauntlet, and glove mods...looks way better! Thanks Maglor! Neck mod next I think...

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

So the painting eye mod is just painting over the pink line below the eye?

I'm planning on atleast doing the neck mod and maybe the eye, shoulders and glove mods. Need to actually get the figure first :lol

Just got mine and completed all of the mods correctly and it looks much more clean even got a new cape

Back