Milla Jovovich head commission

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe instead of getting 3-4 different heads made, Chris could simply sculpt hair peices for us to fix to the bald sculpts? I dunno, just thinking out loud:wacky

That actually sounds like a pretty decent idea.

which are the EVE bodies again? Triad's or ZC?

oh and now i'm not sure which head to go w/ . Serg your guy's looks good but i want a baldy. are there any pics of Chris's up anywhere?

which are the EVE bodies again? Triad's or ZC?

oh and now i'm not sure which head to go w/ . Serg your guy's looks good but i want a baldy. are there any pics of Chris's up anywhere?

Hey Mook!
Chris hasn't started yet. Just started collecting pre-payments. Looks like he'll be doing the baldys first since that has the highest numbner of wants so far. :)

Eve bodies are Triad, but they've been annouced so long ago that they've acquired a mythic reputation!! They look so great that I hope the myth will eventually come true!!! :D

I heard it's coming packaged exclusivly with copies of Duke Nukem Forever! :lol

If anyone else wants a RE3 sculpt from me lmk, im only gonna make one bulk purchase and thats it.

Any idea when we'll get a glimpse at the bald sculpt?

Will, any chance you could give an idea of the reference material you will be sending or have sent to Chris for the sculpt?

Will, any chance you could give an idea of the reference material you will be sending or have sent to Chris for the sculpt?

Great Question! The only qualification I have so far is she needs to look determined or pissed (laugh).

When I send sculpting reference for heads, I choose the one pic I want the finished head to look like, then find similar reference from other angles. Chris also watches videos of the actor for reference as well. I "warned" him Milla is naked in almost every movie, but being the trooper that he is, didn't let that throw him off planning on watching some anyways. :lol

(Seriously, that's a biiiig step up from Ada who didn't even want to use a side profile picture of the actor until being forced to because she was asked to at the approval stage!)

Why don't you guys post for us your preferred Milla pics for us to make the bald Milla sculpt of?

Pre-payments for us to commission Chris have been trickling in over the past few weeks. Thanks to those that have paid. Keep them coming! And post those Milla pics you want the head to look like!

Personally, I kinda prefer this one the most:

248205Milla-Jovovich-Posters.jpg

Chris also watches videos of the actor for reference as well. I "warned" him Milla is naked in almost every movie, but being the trooper that he is, didn't let that throw him off planning on watching some anyways. :lol

You know me.... no sacrifice is too great for the cause!

I like this, too. Thoughts, anyone?

This should be darn interesting. She has a facial structure that isn't the plain old standard pretty model/actress face. I can see why some other sculptors have had trouble portraying her. But we'll avoid those pitfalls and I will invite critique. I always like having as many sets of eyes helping out as possible.

I'd much prefer a Milla Jovovich from RE3:

resident-evil-extinction-1.jpg

Glad to hear you are on board Chris!

(Seriously, that's a biiiig step up from Ada who didn't even want to use a side profile picture of the actor until being forced to because she was asked to at the approval stage!)

So THAT's why so many of Ada's profiles are off! I thought her Scully was looking pretty good on her website until I saw the profile shot...looks like she was chasing a parked truck! :monkey1

Why don't you guys post for us your preferred Milla pics for us to make the bald Milla sculpt of?

Pre-payments for us to commission Chris have been trickling in over the past few weeks. Thanks to those that have paid. Keep them coming! And post those Milla pics you want the head to look like!

Personally, I kinda prefer this one the most:

I love that one! I think that'd be the perfect reference for an RE1 version as well! :clap i'd like to see more of what directino we're going and then I'll probably send my payment in as well.

You know me.... no sacrifice is too great for the cause!

I like this, too. Thoughts, anyone?

This should be darn interesting. She has a facial structure that isn't the plain old standard pretty model/actress face. I can see why some other sculptors have had trouble portraying her. But we'll avoid those pitfalls and I will invite critique. I always like having as many sets of eyes helping out as possible.

Chris, I'd like to mention https://www.millafan.com/ since I'm a huge fan of Milla and I'm hoping this sculpt comes out perfectly.

That site literally has over 3000 pictures of Milla so finding good reference material there should be easy.

So THAT's why so many of Ada's profiles are off! I thought her Scully was looking pretty good on her website until I saw the profile shot...looks like she was chasing a parked truck! :monkey1

It does seem like she would usually just use one image and sculpt from there. Kind of odd as she's clearly very talented, but doesn't bother doing the leg work to create an accurate sculpt.

It does seem like she would usually just use one image and sculpt from there. Kind of odd as she's clearly very talented, but doesn't bother doing the leg work to create an accurate sculpt.

It's even weirder because her preference of using just one pic doesn't even have to do with leg-work. I'd provide her with the profile shots in the ref and she still wouldn't use them untill I had to point out the profile she sculpted didn't match even slightly. And she is very talented, so it was just frustrating/mystifying. :horror

Chris, I'd like to mention https://www.millafan.com/ since I'm a huge fan of Milla and I'm hoping this sculpt comes out perfectly.

That site literally has over 3000 pictures of Milla so finding good reference material there should be easy.

Hey, Thanks! That will be really useful..... I may even look at a profile or two! :D

I'll do my best to make it a great sculpt!

It's even weirder because her preference of using just one pic doesn't even have to do with leg-work. I'd provide her with the profile shots in the ref and she still wouldn't use them untill I had to point out the profile she sculpted didn't match even slightly. And she is very talented, so it was just frustrating/mystifying. :horror

I won't venture to guess why she would do this. No sculptor I know, and certainly no sculptor who I trained or ever worked for me would think they could create an accurate sculpt using one piece of reference. (If they would have tried they would have had to face my wrath!)

It's like drawing. You can draw easily from a single view. Both are 2D flat views. But to sculpt is a different matter. You have to take many views and synthesize a unified whole. I use DOZENS upon DOZENS of shots at as many angles as I can find. I can fill up huge hard drives with reference material! It's hard work, mentally. But it's the only way. Unless you intend to view your sculpt from only one angle!

It's a noodle scratcher!

Back