Metal Gear Solid 4 Game Thread - Spoilers Inside

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I didn't realize I put PS1 until you posted that. I sold my PS2 years ago but I do miss playing the old FF games and I would like to try out God Of War.

Go out and pick up the MGS Essentials Collection if you wanna play all the previous MGS games. It's only $30 for MGS1, 2 (Substance), and 3 (Subsistence) in one box. That's $10 a game, I picked one up the week before MGS4 hit.

The 80 GB console has PS2 compatibility so I'm sure all 3 MGS games will play on it.

The Essesntial Collection version of MGS1 is actually on 2 PS1 discs, which I think is really cool considering those discs (remember the black ps1 discs?) have been out of production for years.

Btw, the Collected version of MGS3: Subsistence does not contain the second disc with bonus stuff like Boss Duel, or Demo theater, or the original Metal Gear game for NES. But considering that MGS:Subsistence by itself new (with the bonus disc) is $25, getting it in the Essential Collection for $10 ain't bad.

IGN reviewed the collection, gave it a good score:
https://ps2.ign.com/articles/860/860894p1.html

Well, I got my bundle Monday morning and played for about 2 hours. Then started again yesterday at around 12:30 and beat it about a half hour ago. So, that's about 17 straight hours of playtime. . . I guess I didn't hate it ;) . It certainly felt more like a movie than a video game, but it was still pretty awesome.

I'm quite surprised that Snake didn't die at the end. I thought for sure he would

deelol.jpg

Took me 28:35 hours to finish the game, but I left it on the menu screen overnite twice because I wanted to be able to jump right back in the game instantly when I woke up. I guess I shoulda paused it but I didnt really care about the time it took me to finish. I wanted to explore and take my time :p
I had 442 kills, with over 300 being headshots

Alerts:88
Continues:19
Recovery Items used:56
Weapon Type procured:39
Flashbacks:122
Special Items used:0
My title was Eagle
Other titles gained were: Hawk, Inchworm, Lobster, Hyena, Pig, Croc, Panther.

Ive never played any of the other MGS games ever, this was the first. It was a great game, worth every penny and every minute spent. Ive never been a fan of sneaking around and being stealthy, but this game was very very enjoyable.

Took me 28:35 hours to finish the game, but I left it on the menu screen overnite twice because I wanted to be able to jump right back in the game instantly when I woke up. I guess I shoulda paused it but I didnt really care about the time it took me to finish. I wanted to explore and take my time :p
I had 442 kills, with over 300 being headshots

Alerts:88
Continues:19
Recovery Items used:56
Weapon Type procured:39
Flashbacks:122
Special Items used:0
My title was Eagle
Other titles gained were: Hawk, Inchworm, Lobster, Hyena, Pig, Croc, Panther.

Ive never played any of the other MGS games ever, this was the first. It was a great game, worth every penny and every minute spent. Ive never been a fan of sneaking around and being stealthy, but this game was very very enjoyable.

And you weren't lost by the story? LOL.:horror

I havent completed the game yet, but i must say WOW!
i have never been blown away by any other franchise before,
at first i thought i would be bothered by snake being old, but it has realli grown on me
and bringing vamp back was a great surprise,
very impressed 10/10

Yea Old Snake kick ass.

I'm on my second play through and having blast...I think it's the only game I've played through more than once besides Ratchet & Clank on the PS3...stellar game.

I ran through the game 2 times since I finished it last weekend, and I've been getting faster.

Second time (on normal) took me 6 hours, 27 minutes -- No alerts, No kills.

Third time (on normal) took me 5 hours, 40 minutes -- No alerts, No kills.

I'm going to try to get one playthrough done (on normal) in under 5 hours, then I'll move up to the harder difficulties.

Back