Master Replica Muppets Line Dead! NOT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Master Replica Muppets Line Dead!

Think he meant the posers. But Pepe wasn't coming anytime soon anyway. The order was going to be Kermit, Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie and Piggy and that's as far as they got.

Here is a section of what could of been...how sad

Series 10

Baby Kermit with Baby Piggy (Kermit prototype, Piggy prototype)
Dr. Bob (prototype)
Sal Minella (in three variant colors with Robin and Penguin pack-ins) (prototype)
Uncle Deadly (released separately)
Gobo Fraggle with a Doozer (Special Test Figure) (Gobo prototype)
Exclusive: Tuxedo Statler
Exclusive: Tuxedo Waldorf

Series 11

Baby Gonzo with Baby Rowlf
Nurse Janice (prototype)
Bobo the Bear
Louis Kazagger (in two variant colors)
Exclusive: RoboBuster Bunsen
Exclusive: RoboBuster Beaker

Series 12

Baby Scooter with Baby Fozzie
Nurse Piggy with Bean Bunny (Piggy prototype)
Mahna Mahna with The Snowths
Mulch
Exclusive: Vacation Animal
Exclusive: Super Gonzo and Rizzo
Exclusive: Wonder Pig
Exclusive: Vacation Swedish Chef
Exclusive: Super Statler and Waldorf

Series 13

Patrol Link Hogthrob
Dr. Teeth 2
Clueless Morgan
Rat Pack
Exclusive: Tuxedo Sam the Eagle

Series 14

Reporter Gonzo
Swamp Kermit
Seymour and Pepe
Randy and Andy Pig
Exclusive: Fozzie as Squire Trelawney (with Mr. Bimbo)
Exclusive: Holiday Kermit with Robin the Frog
Unmade PlaysetsThere have also been quite a few playsets announced that never got made. These playsets included the Muppet Theater stage, The Electric Mayhem Bus, Planet Koozebane, Veterinarians Hospital, and the Happiness Hotel.

The Muppet Theater Stage was originally going to be released during Winter 2002, and later moved to a Summer 2003 release date.[1] This set was going to be bigger than the other sets, and was to include fabric curtains that could open, Statler and Waldorf's Box, the back wall of the stage, and some removable backdrops, such as The Muppet Show title card. This set was planned to be big enough to fit one existing playset on the stage at a time, and there were plans to have it be able to connect to a possible Backstage Playset (which wasn't announced to be made at the time). It was originally going to come with Statler and Waldorf action figures, but after deciding that a Sweetums Action Figure would have to be too big to fit in the regular packaging, Statler and Waldorf were moved to be released as individual action figures, and Sweetums and Robin replaced Statler and Waldorf in the set. Due to poor sales of the playsets and the planned size of this set, plans for this playset were cancelled.

The Planet Koozebane playset was meant to come with the Koozebane Kermit action figure, plus a lot of Koozebanian creatures, such as the Male Koozebanian Creature, the Female Koozebanian Creature, the Baby Koozebanians, the Merdidop aliens, the Koozebanian Phoob, and the Hugga Wugga creatures. This playset was going to be released alongside series 5, and was briefly moved to series 6 when The Electric Mayhem bus playset was planned for series 5, and moved back to series 5 before being canceled. The Koozebane Kermit action figure was instead released as a Target exclusive, coming with a small Koozebane base with Merdidiops, and the Male, Female, and Baby Koozebanians.

The Electric Mayhem Bus playset was planned once Palisades got the rights to release figures, accessories, and playsets inspired by the movies. This was to have been released alongside series 5 and was to come with Janice. [2]

The Happiness Hotel playset was announced as part of series 7 in a ToyFare Magazine article from 2002, and was to come with a Pops Action Figure. Not much else is known about what was planned for this playset.

The Veterinarians Hospital playset was planned for series 10, and was going to come with a Nurse Janice action figure.
(What a shame ending to an awesome collection of muppets)

Also here is some Sesame street shots

Kermit got busted last night! :D

collection2039.jpg

Well,
I was over at Muppet Central and found this:

As the Save Fozzie poll is no longer relevant, I have decided to start a fresh thread to capture what is now happening-the Muppet Photo Puppet Replicas line contining with a new company.
This is now where I will post updates.Recapping the latest-Disney is about to present the company with a contract to sign.The Company is keen to start, and hope to have something to show at this year's Comic Con,at San Diego, july 23-26,with a preview night of July 22.I can now add that the company is not Sideshow.

No, it is not Gentle Giant either.Or FAO.

Great news...the deal has been signed and is now official.There will be some visuals sooner than we think.The Licensee has a press release with Disney for approval.They are keen to get the word out.I wont keep you in suspense for too much longer!

The Press Release will be announced in the next week or so.I will be receiving a copy of it and then I can reveal who the Company are.They are working already to have at least one, if not more, developement samples for Comic Con.In the meantime, maybe you could listen to some elivator music to make the time go by.L.O.L.

Gentle Giant is not the company.Gentle Giant do a lot of marquettes, like the Giant cartoon Yoda sculpture.

Seems like somebody else is continuing the line...
Hopefully they'll announce something this week or the next one!! :rock!!

Them or QMx who have been trying to get themselves back in the game. They did do that stuffed fox not too long ago.

I thought there just weren't enough orders to justify making Fozzie? How could a new company do any better with him?

Not that I'm complaining - I really want Fozzie and Piggie posers - I just hope it's financially viable.

I think part of the problem was that MR couldn't pay their bills in China. But we will see. Fozzie and Piggy are the ones I really need. Ideally though there will be smaller posers too like penguins, Robin or Bean.

Apparently the first figure won't be Fozzie...
maybe they want to test the waters...
I'd go with someone like Rizzo or Pepe, maybe even Beaker?

Apparently the first figure won't be Fozzie...
maybe they want to test the waters...
I'd go with someone like Rizzo or Pepe, maybe even Beaker?

Well, if it's size that's an issue, they should go with Piggy - she's a sure seller and is about the same size as Gonzo. I don't see this line being extensive - the top 5, and then who? I'd buy Statler and Waldorf - but wouldn't be interested in lesser characters like Beaker or Honeydew.

Piggy is not the same size as Gonzo. Gonzo is around the same size as Kermit. :)

Ideally we will get Piggy, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter and a chicken. What I'd like to see in addition to those are Robin, Bean, random Muppet fruits, veggies and cheeses, maybe Rizzo. Anything after that I don't think would really sell.

Ideally we will get Piggy, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter and a chicken. What I'd like to see in addition to those are Robin, Bean, random Muppet fruits, veggies and cheeses, maybe Rizzo. Anything after that I don't think would really sell.
Electric Mayhem would sell better than Scooter. So would the Chef, I would bet.

Beaker and The Swedish Chef are the top 2 sellers that are not part of the Fab 5(Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Animal)

Well, if it's size that's an issue, they should go with Piggy - she's a sure seller and is about the same size as Gonzo.

Piggy is huge.

muppets-kermit-miss-piggy_l.jpg

miss_piggy_adlays.jpg

She is about the size of a second grader...at least twice the size of Kermit and Gonzo

Beaker and The Swedish Chef would be great sellers.

Beaker would sell a lot more than people would expect as I love Swedish Chef I don't think he'd sell all that well.

Electric Mayhem would sell better than Scooter. So would the Chef, I would bet.

Not so sure. I think the rest of Electric Mayhem would sell about as good as Skooter. Honestly I would think the next most popular would be characters like Rowlf or Fozzie which are monsters in size.

Honestly I would think the next most popular would be characters like Rowlf or Fozzie which are monsters in size.
I agree with that, after Piggy. But I don't think people like Scooter very much, whereas the Mayhem have a pretty big cult following. Maybe I'm off base.

Back