LOST Sawyer hs Commission- by NEKRomantik (Buy now-Pay later)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah! I'm still in for sure! I'd love to have an awesome James Sawyer head sculpt! I think he should have that familiar smirk on his face. I prefer that one over an angry expression. That's my opinion. But YES Karen...please add me to the list! :D

List updated!! We are ready to go!!

Already got the 15 we needed for the sculptor to start sculpting, but let me know if anybody else is interested anyway, you can still get in :)

Okay guys, new question:

Which Sawyer do you prefer for the headsculpt?
A) Smirking Sawyer
B) Pissed off Sawyer

I think most people wanted "pissed off" Sawyer last time but a few ones have told me they think his smirk is more characteristic of him.
I personally like both but I fear that the sculptor might get something like McFarlane´s Sawyer if he goes for smirking Sawyer and the McFarlane one is just smiling (kinda boring) so...

Smirking or pissed off Sawyer? You decide. I´ll tell the sculptor whatever most of you want.

As long as the likeness is spot on and it has some Sawyer swagger in it, I don't really care one way or the other. My gut says that angry Sawyer will be easier to capture.

Have you given any thought as to whether or not he'll have a sculpted neck?
Sawyer often has this shirt open a few buttons and that will most likely how I'll have him displayed...
I think a body with a sculpted neck would be better than having the ugly neck joint showing.

Just an idea! Thoughts Karen?

Have you given any thought as to whether or not he'll have a sculpted neck?
Sawyer often has this shirt open a few buttons and that will most likely how I'll have him displayed...
I think a body with a sculpted neck would be better than having the ugly neck joint showing.

Just an idea! Thoughts Karen?

Absolutely! I think it should have a sculpted neck, yeah, I will tell the sculptor :)

Lol, I was thinking the opposite actually.

Well, I quoted your post to the sculptor so I guess he undestood what you meant but now you got me confused, lol, didn´t you say this?

"I think a body with a sculpted neck would be better than having the ugly neck joint showing."

The sculptor suggested the possibility to choose between two versions (one with neck and one without) but it would take more time and he doesn´t have the time to do that right now so it will have to be what most of you guys want.

What I meant was that if the head does not have a sculpted neck, we can use a body that does. Which IMO looks better.

If Sawyer has a sculpted neck we have to use adapters to attach the head to a body, which is quite ugly. And since Sawyer normally has is shirt at least half open, it would be quite unsightly.

Here's what I mean:

Using a body like this (soldier story, or certain TruType's)and having the head sculpt be just that, a head.

TT-EVOCHt.jpg

Instead of having the ugly connection seen.

p-did3322rr1.jpg

(this is the best example I can find)

Okay, now I get what you mean.
Actually, I was thinking about the first example when I read your first post, so I agreed it would look better that way, but somehow I thought you wanted the sculptor to sculpt the neck, lol.
But it´s okay, I think the sculptor understood your point 100%, not like I did ;)

Lol, it's hard to explian. There's only so many times you can say neck.

Anyone else care to weigh in? The Soldier Story bodies are pretty plentiful on eBay and about the same as TruTypes. Personally I've never used one though...

I think having the sculpt stop at the chin or just a little lower is a great idea - as stated, Sawyer has his shirt open often and that's exactly how I pictured displaying him.

Beeshaw's right, having a neck connector would be awkward when we all know that Sawyer has his shirt open most of the time plus, his long hair will cover the back of his head if we talk about esthetism.

The sculptor started with this some days ago. I will post pics as soon as I get them but so far he says he´s making good progress on him and that we will be pleased. Can´t wait to see it :)

Btw, pre-orders are still open if anybody else wants to be added to the list, remember you don´t pay until pics of the finished sculpt are posted :)

Back