Kaustic Plastik: HEROIK MUSCLE BODY *** COMING BACK IN DECEMBER 2013!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kaustic Plastik: HEROIK MUSCLE BODY ***PRODUCTION PICTURES PAGE 26!!!!

For those of you that have this do the arms only bend approx. 90 degrees like the HT muscle bodies or do they bend a bit more? I was thinking about getting one of these for Bane (TDKR) but was hoping I could possibly get the pose of him holding his vest with this Kaustic body. Thanks in advance! :wave

Not gonna happen. You need a body with double-jointed elbows to get that deep of a bend.

For those of you that have this do the arms only bend approx. 90 degrees like the HT muscle bodies or do they bend a bit more? I was thinking about getting one of these for Bane (TDKR) but was hoping I could possibly get the pose of him holding his vest with this Kaustic body. Thanks in advance! :wave

Very similar to HOT TOYS Terminator T1 Body bending (probably just a bit more bending).
But drilling a bit the Byceps, you can have extra bending.

Not gonna happen. You need a body with double-jointed elbows to get that deep of a bend.

Agree, holding the vest it's impossible with this kind of bodies.
You should make a big drilling work of the arms to make it possible.
And then would not look nice in other positions (after drilling so much the byceps)

I'm behind so I apologize if this is an old question, but is there any plans for new body types coming before the end of the year?

Very similar to HOT TOYS Terminator T1 Body bending (probably just a bit more bending).
But drilling a bit the Byceps, you can have extra bending.

Coolbeans. Thanks for the replies guys :) I fgured it wouldn't bend that much but was hoping there would a be a close enough. Might try to modify a muscle body to have a doubly joint w/o looking bad

Last edited:

The next step is to design the elbow joints of these muscle body figures to allow more realistic movement. Maybe a pro/retracting joint that can be pulled out and pushed back in to facilitate a much wider range of motion when bending, but still not upsetting the aesthetic look.

Being said, can't wait to get my body to finish my Dutch : )

Received my four bodies today. I like the finished product, very well done. The joints are tight, movements are smooth, and the body seems to be very durable. Even my T-800 bodies seem a little floppy in a spot or two, but these ones hold posed well. Definitely setting one of them aside for a Dutch swap. Good work KP!

Got mine, I dig 'em. I got four, only unpackaged one for my Dutch swap. Body is pretty solid, a little loose in the knees, but otherwise fine.

Very little futzing, quick body swap and pics.

P1170578.jpg
P1170579.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Thanks Kaustic!!!

I fully endorse these bodies. :lecture

Dutch looks great King! Did you have to do any mods to his head to get it to sit properly? I thought some had difficulty with it being too small for the the neck?

Anyway got my 2 bodies in today... really excellent. I did swap the forearms as I prefered that look. The joints are tight and its just a very well designed body. And for anyone concerned about height, rest assured this guy is huge! Much taller than the standard HT muscle body :lecture

Here's one used for my Leatherface custom :rock

leatherb.jpg

leatherc.jpg

Dutch looks great King! Did you have to do any mods to his head to get it to sit properly? I thought some had difficulty with it being too small for the the neck?

Oh yeah I did, forgot to mention that. Thanks to Hot Toys pinhead Dutch, I had to dremel out a tiny tiny bit around the inside of the sculpt so it would fit lower on the neck.

LF looks sick by the way :clap

Cool, I think I'll be swapping my Dutch as well. I'll need to get another body though as my second one is already earmarked for the Death Dealer custom :rock

And thanks again on LF... I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. Crazy how different he looks compared to the stock figure :lol

Dutch definitely needs it. Its great being able to pose him now, not in that stiff armed static pose he has been in for the past couple years.

Agreed... funny how popular those old muscle bodies. Now I can't stand the damn things :lol

Too bad they don't sell for $100 anymore :lol

Yeah, I was hoping the Dutch was still a valuable one... no such luck :lol But, better to have these for under $40 :lecture

UPS came after I went to work so I just got home and opened one up. Finally got them in hand, the wait for these was like forever but well worth it imo. So I got my two screaming head guys and the body is great, the joints are tight but easy to move, the quality of the plastics and pvc is very good, the head is not really doing it for me.

The head is not bad but its not great ether, might find some use for it though as theres not many screaming heads available. I'm looking at the forearms on mine and they seem fine in-hand to me so I will not be swaping them. Overall this is a great body and I highly recommend it:clap:clap:clap

I will receive two headless bodys tommorrow so I will start my customs after work tommorrow:)

Oh yeah I did, forgot to mention that. Thanks to Hot Toys pinhead Dutch, I had to dremel out a tiny tiny bit around the inside of the sculpt so it would fit lower on the neck.

LF looks sick by the way :clap
If anyone tries to switch the Dutch body without modding the head, can they take a pic? I'm not keen on doing that sort of mod unless it is absolutely necessary.

There was a pick earlier in the thread... it looked good, but there was a definite pin-head and giraffe neck effect going on. Kind of like the original Dutch which many of us already modded to sit a bit lower.

Yeah, and the neck on the kaustic is much larger than the original Dutch body, it looked ridiculous before the quick mod. You could hide the disproportion by clever posing, but really it looked laughable.

Back