Jason Bourne is back?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the people on my Facebook page who have seen this says it's very mediocre. It doesn't interest me in the least bit.

Some of the people on my Facebook page who have seen this says it's very mediocre. It doesn't interest me in the least bit.

My go-to movie reviewer is a Bourne fan and he was underwhelmed. Said it was too much shaky cam and not enough character development. Bummer, I was looking forward to this.

The Bourne trilogy is one of my all time favorites, it's one of the few that I think every new film was better than the last but this one doesn't look interesting to me for what ever reason, not sure if I'll be seeing this.

Some of you guys must have seen this, it's #1 at the BO.

What I found funny is all the people saying they were boycotting it because of Damon's gun stance yet it still does really well. I'm betting some of that was just talk. It will drop big time next weekend though. That seems to be the norm these days.

I'm seeing it on Tuesday night for $5. Local newspaper reviews have been pretty good. I'm stoked. The 1st 3 Bourne movies is my all time favorite trilogy.

I'm a big fan of the first 3 movies and I was really hoping to love this one but when I walked out of the theater I was just kind of bummed. Disappointed wouldn't be the right word for it but it was nowhere near as good as I was hoping it would be. There wasn't nearly enough action and some of the character development was definitely lacking. I'm just going to enjoy the trilogy and forget this one.

Completely unnecessary sequel. The arc was wrapped up well in the third flick. Wasn't as sharp as the first three, but it was never dull. The most interesting part is trying to figure out which actor could open their tired old baggy eyes all the way: Tommy Lee Jones or Vincent Cassel

Better than the imposter of the series, but far below the first three.

What I found funny is all the people saying they were boycotting it because of Damon's gun stance yet it still does really well. I'm betting some of that was just talk. It will drop big time next weekend though. That seems to be the norm these days.

Some people cave on what they believe. I won't be seeing this or any movie he does where he's running around with guns. I believe in the 2nd ammendment and this clown trashes it while making millions playing a character like this? Screw him. I don't mind seeing him in The Martian, but anything like this, nope. If he believes what he believes, fine. I don't agree with his beliefs, but he's a stinking hypocrite. He can claim his movies are just stories, but he's promoting and cashing in on something he claims to stand against.

Some people cave on what they believe. I won't be seeing this or any movie he does where he's running around with guns. I believe in the 2nd ammendment and this clown trashes it while making millions playing a character like this? Screw him. I don't mind seeing him in The Martian, but anything like this, nope. If he believes what he believes, fine. I don't agree with his beliefs, but he's a stinking hypocrite. He can claim his movies are just stories, but he's promoting and cashing in on something he claims to stand against.

:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

yep I really liked the original three, but this one really wasn't up to their standards. I actually had trouble staying awake during several spots....very disappointing

You guys saying Damon should only play characters that meet his personal life criteria?

Than every villain ever played by an actor is a total lie! And any girl that Tom Cruise kisses is a total lie!

You guys saying Damon should only play characters that meet his personal life criteria?

Than every villain ever played by an actor is a total lie! And any girl that Tom Cruise kisses is a total lie!

:lol

...and what about all those Aussie actors playing gun-totin' characters, what with Australia's gun control laws an' all? Must be hypocrites!

:lol

...and what about all those Aussie actors playing gun-totin' characters, what with Australia's gun control laws an' all? Must be hypocrites!

If those Aussie actors are pro confiscation then yes, they are hypocritical if they are playing gun toting characters. If they don't agree with their countries laws then no, they aren't hypocritical because they can't control their governments laws. How is that hard to see? However, does Australia have a constitutional right to bear arms? Damon is on record as saying he wants confiscation like Australia and yet has no problem playing a gun toting character......for lots of mobey. In other words, his so called morals are for sale. If he believes what he says wouldn't he want to be a better example for kids? No, he's a hypocritical tool.

I'm just disappointed that this movie is part of one of my favourite movie franchises and by all accounts it appears to be a dud.

Saw it today. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a dud but it is without a doubt the weakest of the Damon Bourne movies. The plot was razor thin and the story didn't really advance the character. After getting his memories back, he seems more lost than ever. I still enjoyed it for what it is but it doesn't hold up well to the other 3 Bourne movies.

Yup. I don't care about an actors religion, politics or who they are banging. Just entertain me in the flick.

Back