HT TDKR Blake??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evidently not so self evident for many :rotfl

The only thing self-evident is that all men are created equal... anything else can GTFO. A little bit of Declaration of Independence knowledge to piss off the Brits in here. :lol

The only thing self-evident is that all men are created equal... anything else can GTFO. A little bit of Declaration of Independence knowledge to piss off the Brits in here. :lol

All men are created equal indeed. And the deceleration of independence has nothing to do with that. :lol

(Don't consider myself a Brit :lol )

Blake HT figure? YES!!!

220px-William_Blake_by_Thomas_Phillips.jpg

:exactly:
That's what I was trying to say in my original post, but Bucky Underbelly said it's an all-inclusive licensing deal by the studio and not individual licenses to the actors.

I figured that's why the 10th Anniversary set had Scarecrow with no Cillian Murphy sculpt and Bat-Demon instead of Ra's. No likenesses to pay for at all.

My thought on the Scarecrow/Demon Bats combo was that it was an ultra-quickie release and they were cutting all the corners to keep their costs down.

I would doubt it was a likeness issue. I assumed they were doing as little as possible in the way of development and production. From their perspective, doing a realistic sculpt of an actor's head has gotta be way more expensive and way more time-consuming than sculpting a bag with eyes. That whole set just seemed like they put the minimal amount of effort into it so they could get it out quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have both figures, but that set really is the barest of bare bones releases. Sucks not to have a Murphy sculpt and that Demon Bats head looks like they just blindly approved the rough draft.

So the lack of proper heads, I would guess, isn't a likeness issue, but a function of Hot Toys still (wrongly) thinking nobody really wants Batman Begins figures. :gah:

(Also, it should be noted that I'm just guessing on this stuff. I haven't seen Cillian Murphy's or Liam Neeson's contracts!)

Last edited:
Looks cool enough ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

SnakeDoc

Looks cool enough ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

SnakeDoc

Indeed.

This argument will last decades. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm be funny to put the Blake head from the movie masters onto the Batman body lol. Anyways I'm still hoping they will produce The Bat but I am thinking they will have a limited number on them as they probably are hard to build and piece together. Can't wait to see the HT Blake figure that will be awesome and yes we need a Ra's figure already. Very anxious to see the specs on Catwoman hope it is announced this August.

Looks cool enough ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

SnakeDoc

Yes.

That is all.

Back