Hot Toys- VGM06-Bio Hazard 5-Chris Redfield (BSAA ver) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since HT sees fit to include Remington 870 shotguns instead of a real Ithaca M37 or Benelli M3 I'm working to get some custom guns ready for when Chris and Sheva are released. Here are some progress pics.

Here's some pics of a HT Remington 870(top) and an unmodified 21st Century Toys Ithaca M37(bottom):
picture.php

Here's a progress pic showing the modified and repainted 21st Century Toys Ithaca M37 with the same HT Remington 870:
picture.php

Didn't like how the paint turned out so I'm going to take another go and re-paint it. Then I still need to bend brass wire to make the swivels. I also need to make one with a laser sight.

- TGM

Off to a great start on the shotgun custom! :chew Did you switch out the top barrel or just lengthen the existing one?

I wanted to lengthen the barrel slightly and shorten the tube. So I cut a 1/4 section out of the barrel and tube(since they are attached) and then used a piece of aluminum tube to re-extend the barrel. I also sanded the pump down ever so slightly on both ends.

The 21st Century Toys Ithaca is really nice, but I wanted to more closely match the one as seen in game.

- TGM

Since HT sees fit to include Remington 870 shotguns instead of a real Ithaca M37 or Benelli M3 I'm working to get some custom guns ready for when Chris and Sheva are released. Here are some progress pics.

Here's some pics of a HT Remington 870(top) and an unmodified 21st Century Toys Ithaca M37(bottom):
picture.php

Here's a progress pic showing the modified and repainted 21st Century Toys Ithaca M37 with the same HT Remington 870:
picture.php

Didn't like how the paint turned out so I'm going to take another go and re-paint it. Then I still need to bend brass wire to make the swivels. I also need to make one with a laser sight.

- TGM

Excellent Job TheGreenemachine,The colour paint is awesome! (Do,nt touch it! I love it!!:wacky

Here's a pic of modified 21c shotguns next to the original unmodified versions.

picture.php

I just finished modifying the two pictured. I still need to clean up flash/seams and tidy up the areas where they were cut and glued+pinned back together.

But you can see where I cut out about a 1/4 section on the tube/barrel and then where I added about 5/16 of aluminum tube onto the end of the barrel.

Still workin' on the paint scheme.

- TGM

Send pics to hot toys.I hope they will replace their shotguns with yours:gun.Great mod.

A few pics from Hottoys store;Toy Hunters

20090511_958671e31dff69af9d82Jd1j9xlcshfZ.jpg

20090511_cf9b655483dbca9bc27a9Pq2romDT8J0.jpg

20090511_2b926358baa96f9d1790YAQEX5QD6X9p.jpg

Something new:In the last pics we can see 2 Ammo cases or boxes:
-Green Box;shotgun shells
-Red Box: M9 pistol bullets

20090511_5f8eeeb59a405b246d564uDs1mspHqxc.jpg

20090511_76b527e567a865603c26TUr7Y8qwFzbV.jpg

AWESOME!!

Thanks for sharing. They look even better than the offical specs to me, as the store displays pics often do.

They both look great, Chris's proportions look a little iffy but if posed properly i'm sure it wont matter. So glad they didn't do rooted hair for Sheva too.

Back