1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this guy selling for around $58 shipped on Sears.com of all places. Even though I am skeptical about it being legit because of the price I couldn't pass it up. Email says it shipped so I should know soon whether I got a great deal or scammed. Hoping for the great deal.

I did the same thing. However, on my order confirmation, the sku that is listed comes back to some grease coupler. And it does not match the UPC on the Sideshow website. Now the figure is stating "Temporarily Unavailable" on Sears.com. The way I looked at it was I will get refunded for this if its a screw up on sears part.

Crap. Well until it arrives I will hope for the best. It clearly states on the receipt and shipping invoice that it is the figure and even has a picture of it so it should be an easy refund if it is not as advertised. I double and triple checked the name and description but I did not think of checking the code.

Sold this figure
Don't get me wrong this has a nice sculpt, but due to the lack of accessories, it just doesn't look as decent as DX-13, and I would never, never, never sell my DX-13

Sold this figure
Don't get me wrong this has a nice sculpt, but due to the lack of accessories, it just doesn't look as decent as DX-13, and I would never, never, never sell my DX-13

Amen to that, I'm never selling my DX13 either.

Yeah the T-800 Guardian was very light on accessories, felt a bit like a half assed effort from HT o this fig. I wont be selling mine though as I'm a big Arnie fan.

I wonder if this is it for HT and Terminator.

I've been assuming it is. We would have had a T1 Kyle Reese ages ago if he were ever going to happen. Obviously T2 John and T1 Sarah were always even less likely. I doubt they'd put out a classic endoskeleton anywhere close to the release of the Genisys version so that's a very distant prospect if it is one at all. As for 2.0/3.0s of Uncle Bob, T-1000, Tech Noir T-800 - nah, I think Hot Toys are happy with what they've put out and won't do any more.

I wonder if this is it for HT and Terminator. No more T2? I'd go for some 2.0's.

Seems like it. The series is nowhere near as popular as even the bad superhero movies. I joke about HT a lot, but the fact of the matter is that they produce what sells, and stuff like Iron Man and DC are always in demand in Asia. Once you've seen one Terminator figure, you've seem them all. People don't go crazy about it.

Seems like it. The series is nowhere near as popular as even the bad superhero movies. I joke about HT a lot, but the fact of the matter is that they produce what sells, and stuff like Iron Man and DC are always in demand in Asia. Once you've seen one Terminator figure, you've seem them all. People don't go crazy about it.

My attitude to Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow etc. Unfortunately T1 and T2 are old films now, increasingly irrelevant to new generations. Really makes me wonder how well (or not) T2 3D will do in cinemas.

My attitude to Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow etc. Unfortunately T1 and T2 are old films now, increasingly irrelevant to new generations. Really makes me wonder how well (or not) T2 3D will do in cinemas.

It will do poorly- I think it might be a very limited release with few screens...there is very little demand for Terminator at the box office

Yup. I've seen collectors with just the Guardian T-800 in their collection, and that's cool to them. At most, casual fans would just want one T-800 and that's it, their money is at the Marvel lineup. A Kyle Reese, Sarah Connor /T-1000 2.0, or even TSCC figures will not sell.

It will do poorly- I think it might be a very limited release with few screens...there is very little demand for Terminator at the box office

Agreed. I think the series is soured by poor films that came out in a row. T3/TS and TG has certainly ruined the impact of T2 for the common movie goer. While hardcore fans knows what's good, causal fans probably won't care much about revisiting a 25 year old movie when they just saw the sequel last year.

and it was stupid.

wait, it fits the description of T3/4/5.

:lol:lol:lol

I finally decided to get this figure, it's awesome! tailoring and likeness is the best compared to HT's past Terminator releases.

Kicking myself. Seen this up for sale cheap a few times and didn't pull the trigger. Kinda wish I had now. Looks like a great fig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went ahead and picked this guy up from collectibles direct. Price was pretty decent. Also picked up some dx13 battle damaged hands I think will go nicely with the damaged head sculpt. My first terminator!! Buzzing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this figure turned out very well and I would have considered to make the purchase IF prices revolved around $150-$170. But there is zero desire to own at around $350 CAN. Great figure though!!!

Back