Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, when reading carefully it is explained on the site that that very endoskeleton was the one that was referenced and molded for ANY licensed endoskeleton that we know of, from LSF, to Sideshow and others.

This Original Endoskeleton was studied and used as masters for the LFS version. These photos are for reference only.

Not ONE of any of those licensed offerings has EVER been characterized as T1, but always T2 style.

Sorry dude. Clearly you are not aware of the differences between the two types.

No complete T1 endoskeleton exists anymore as they were parted out and refurbished for use in T2.

The single arm you reposted is a T1 arm. Are you seriously claiming that those fingers are similar to the ones on the full endoskeleton you reposted from that site? Clearly you can't tell them apart.

The only thing reused from T1 in T2 was the stop motion puppets.., the full sized T2 endos were redesigned and newly built by SWS.

T1 endos didn't have the extra sets of pistons in the heel area of the feet for a start...

Try again... :lol

Last edited:
Is Sideshow going to be selling the regular version?
I've P.O the Ex but they limit 1 per customer.

I think they're only selling the Ex. If you want another regular, buy elsewhere. It's cheaper anyway.

Not for Australian buyers. Sideshow has cheap shipping rates, other places discount the item but shipping can be x3 more than Sideshows.
Square 1.

The only thing reused from T1 in T2 was the stop motion puppets.., the full sized T2 endos were redesigned and newly built by SWS.

T1 endos didn't have the extra sets of pistons in the heel area of the feet for a start...

Try again... :lol

Funny how then Stan Winston explicitly explains how they used the T1 legs on the Terminator in T2 in the beginning crushing the skull. You calling him a liar too?

And seeing as the endoskeleton you reposted was the one used for all licensed endoskeletons... are you calling those T1 too?

Last edited:
From The Winston Effect book: Terminator 2 opens with the future war sequence, and the classic shot of an endoskeleton's foot crushing a child's skull. "That is one of the shots you always see from this movie." said Winston. "The skull is crushed, the camera moves up to the endoskeleton's head, with it's glowing eyes, and it's head turning this way and that, looking for it's next victim. That was a full blown animatronic robot! And it was a very big advancement over what we had done for the first Terminator.

A team of twelve puppeteers standing off-camera operated a series of cables, rod and radio controls to create the endoskeleton performance in the opening shots -- some on the crushing leg, some on the waist twist mechanism, some on the neck, some operating a hydraulic bicep action, and others on the various head and eye movements. "This tracking shot moves up to the child's skull buried in the dirt." explains Mahan, "and then the foot smashed down on top of it, and the camera pulls back to reveal the whole endoskeleton. So the illusion is that this endoskeleton has walked up and stepped on this skull. How it worked, though, was that the endoskeleton's left leg was planted on the set, and it's right leg was smashed down on the skull with a rod that was connected to the calf, which could then trigger release so that the guy operating it could grab the rod and get out of shot before the camera moved up. It was a five-or six-foot rod, so the puppeteer was pretty well out of frame anyway. He could just hoist it up, smash the leg down, pull it out, and step back out of the shot as the camera moved up.

You appear to have these fixed ideas that the full sized T-800's were all built identically in both movies, but that obviously isn't the case if you carefully study the original T1 photos I posted and compare them with the T2 versions. Start from the feet up and you'll soon see the obvious differences... The T1 T-800's have cruder build quality and less articulation than T2 T800's. Notice the ankle articulation and feet design? The shape of the fingers/knuckles and the mock pistons and wiring. The T2 skull design looks meaner and more intimidating -- well, that's a matter of opinion, but you get the point, I hope. :wave

Last edited:
No, I don't believe the endos were built the same. You however keep saying the T2 endoskeleton that was the source for all licensed endoskeletons is a T1.

In the DVD commentary Stan Winston explained how they used the metal legs from the T1 in that opening shot so it could crush the skull.

You posted the actual T1 hand beneath the other photos. Are you seriously claiming that those on the full figure endo you posted that are clearly T2 are similar to that?
T1 on left, T2 on right:
T1vsT2-Hand.jpg

Which of those two look like the one on the full endo you reposted?

And other things. It also doesn't have the groove in the neck piece as you commented on earlier, which should be there if it was a T1 endo. Also not there... like all other larger T1 tells.

Sorry lads, I don't want to pile up negative on top of negative..

I'm looking forward to a large scale T-800 fig & this one looks pretty nice to me!

f_terminatorem_2ca4267.gif

It was already killed for me when I realised I probably won't be able to get this or any other 1:4 scalers till 2014 :banghead

The wedding?

Sorry lads, I don't want to pile up negative on top of negative..

I'm looking forward to a large scale T-800 fig & this one looks pretty nice to me!

f_terminatorem_2ca4267.gif

Nah no negativity, just facts :wink1: I'm a pretty damn big T1/T2 fan so i've wanted this ever since I sold my Sideshow PF years ago. And this thing is leap years better than that (at the time) $900 statue.

Yeah. I just don't think I'd get away with buying big expensive 1:4 scalers and I certainly wouldn't be able to smuggle them.

Yeah back in 05' when we married ........... well let's just put it this way, I had no hobby back then. :lol I started collecting in 2007. Weddings are an overhyped expensive and unnecessary (looks over shoulder) event. :wink1:

Yeah back in 05' when we married ........... well let's just put it this way, I had no hobby back then. :lol I started collecting in 2007. Weddings are an overhyped expensive and unnecessary (looks over shoulder) event. :wink1:

If she knew the price of my stuff she'd probably call me a hypocrite for saying it but **** yes this wedding lark is expensive. We went to a fair the other week, why is a ****ing cake 800euro???! But anyway, I'm not gonna throw stones from a glass house. This stuff is important to the female.

I hoped I'd be able to simply cut back on the hobby to the bare 'essentials' but even that may not be enough it seems.

If she knew the price of my stuff she'd probably call me a hypocrite for saying it but **** yes this wedding lark is expensive. We went to a fair the other week, why is a ****ing cake 800euro???! But anyway, I'm not gonna throw stones from a glass house. This stuff is important to the female.

I hoped I'd be able to simply cut back on the hobby to the bare 'essentials' but even that may not be enough it seems.

Well it's not so bad when relatives give you cash :wink1: After all was said and done we were up 10k when it was over. Well, her rich uncle paid for the entire honeymoon so ......

Back