Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if this thing could stand by itself. The thing that bothers me most about this is the cheap looking little stand.

The T-700 can stand by itself, so should probably be the same for the fourth scale endo, but with the rifles in hand I think it may be front heavy and likely to fall over if not supported.

I wonder if this thing could stand by itself. The thing that bothers me most about this is the cheap looking little stand.

yes can someone please comment if the peg stick holding up his crotch can be removed?!?!? so he displays like a statue, not a cripple.

in all of HT's figures, that stand portion can be removed. I never used it when I had my 89 figures.

I wouldn't go that far. Just don't display it holding the guns if your worried about it or try some of that museum putty or whatever it's called.

i got the feeling enterbays will be better:wink1:

some good pics of the all metal arm.

69464edejw1dljq5e90j8j.jpg

69464edejw1dljqi3cn22j.jpg

69464edegw1dljtg48h2xj.jpg

Last edited:
i got the feeling enterbays will be better:wink1:

some good pics of the all metal arm.

69464edejw1dljq5e90j8j.jpg

69464edejw1dljqi3cn22j.jpg

they tried 100% more than HT but they also didn't try to study the movie sample.

prop_wires_01.jpg

arm_closeup03.jpg

those wires in the forearm are not "just some stupid wires", as well as pistons connected to the fingers are not "just some strange details".

those are wires moving in the forearm when a person moves his fingers. you can see it on your own hand (if you're not fat). you can see it in the first movie in the canon scene of terminator revealing his nature. anybody who produced a terminator figure should have checked those ____ing details.

as well as neck wires are not some stupid wires hanging around, they depict actual muscles of a human and should be connected to the middle of a chest.
and so on and so forth.
Stan Winston did an amasing job copying all real major muscles in metal and making them move like real.
every toymaker who forgets about that and calls his figure "an astonishing likeness of a movie terminator" spits on his grave.

Last edited:
they tried 100% more than HT but they also didn't try to study the movie sample.

prop_wires_01.jpg

arm_closeup03.jpg

those wires in the forearm are not "just some stupid wires", as well as pistons connected to the fingers are not "just some strange details".

those are wires moving in the forearm when a person moves his fingers. you can see it on your own hand (if you're not fat). you can see it in the first movie in the canon scene of terminator revealing his nature. anybody who produced a terminator figure should have checked those ____ing details.

as well as neck wires are not some stupid wires hanging around, they depict actual muscles of a human and should be connected to the middle of a chest.
and so on and so forth.
Stan Winston did an amasing job copying all real major muscles in metal and making them move like real.
every toymaker who forgets about that and calls his figure "an astonishing likeness of a movie terminator" spits on his grave.

Your argumentation is just perfect, P.
I thought about the exact same thing, when I did my 3D Arm Project and wanted to add wires to the completed arm too once it would´ve been complete.

I did rough sketches as to how they´d run along the pistons:

SW_T-800_3.jpg

SW_T-800_4.jpg

I did rough sketches as to how they´d run along the pistons:

SW_T-800_3.jpg

SW_T-800_4.jpg
i think you mistook moving non-bending wires (made of firm metal) for electro feeding thin wires, bending but not moving. it would be just too dangerous for a battle unit to have electro connections exposed.
your two pictures differ in wires spreading. last one is better but it still unites them in doubles.
on the movie figure all 4 things go separately and never unite. they don't go inside the fingers. pistons going from palm to fingers are separated from those wires. plus the thumb is connected another way.
i'll post some big pictures to explore the connection to fingers. but the thumb is only on a small picture, i didn't make the screenshot from a big movie copy.

t1hand02.jpg

t1hand03.jpg

props_sceleton3.jpg

moviehand_inside_01.jpg

moviehand_inside_02.jpg

the connection (and moving, not feeding, purpose) is best seen on the orange shot.

I know that it is connected in another way, P.
The thing is that MY arm is meant to be realistic, still keeping the characteristics of the T-800.

For that, the thumb, how it is connected, could´ve NEVER moved, that´s why I connected it different and the wires would NEED to run through the fingers, cause without wires posing as sinews how should an actual terminator move its fingers?!

I just took Stan´s idea further and tried to realistically incorporate more muscle and sinew equivalents, you know?!

The thing is that MY arm is meant to be realistic, still keeping the characteristics of the T-800.
i understand ) your design is the unity of both movies BTW plus additions.

For that, the thumb, how it is connected, could´ve NEVER moved, that´s why I connected it different
that part between finger and palm is not one detail, it has a wheel or more in the middle and has wheels on both sides. that's the way it did move. at least could be closed on the palm )

and the wires would NEED to run through the fingers, cause without wires posing as sinews how should an actual terminator move its fingers?!
of course the wires should be there, just not THOSE wires. those responsible for feeding are hid inside fingers, of course. remember that you don't see any wires from head to legs, for example?

the terminator structure should be hollow to fit human cars (bicycles, for example (i meant bikes of course. - edited) - no sign of him weighting 300 pounds) - those hollows are enough for power wires, thin and protected by metal frame over them.

bscap0032.jpg

and those 4 in the forearm are moving details. that's what i meant and that's what is visible.

(easter egg: there is no leg above the left knee when terminator is stepping on stairs...)

bscap0031.jpg

i understand ) your design is the unity of both movies BTW plus additions.

Exactly.

that part between finger and palm is not one detail, it has a wheel or more in the middle and has wheels on both sides. that's the way it did move. at least could be closed on the palm )

As I see it and how the pictures show it...ok...it´s quite a different kind of movement, but if you take your own thumb and try to...dunno how to put it...twist it...in 360°...you know what I mean?!
Not the thumb in itself...but the whole in a circular movement.
I don´t think that it could do that way.

of course the wires should be there, just not THOSE wires. those responsible for feeding are hid inside fingers, of course. remember that you don't see any wires from head to legs, for example?

the terminator structure should be hollow to fit human cars (bicycles, for example (i meant bikes of course. - edited) - no sign of him weighting 300 pounds) - those hollows are enough for power wires, thin and protected by metal frame over them.

bscap0032.jpg

and those 4 in the forearm are moving details. that's what i meant and that's what is visible.

(easter egg: there is no leg above the left knee when terminator is stepping on stairs...)

bscap0031.jpg

Hm, an Idea I never thought about...hollow profiles.
Do you have proof for that, or is that a concept from you?!
Not that I tend to steer against, I´m all in for new thoughts, but that kinda revoultionizes it for me...

At a certain point, nitpicking over small details like this (however critical they may be to you) becomes a little too much. If this were a $1K half-scale bust or a $2K life-size statue, I would understand your complaints and it would actually be easier for a company to address them on a larger piece. However, when it comes to 1/6 and 1/4 collectibles going for $200 and $400 respectively, small additions such as these are difficult to implement and companies don't see them as necessary given the purchase price. This isn't a criticism of you, but a simple observation that any amount under half a grand (or even a full grand) won't get you very much. At least, not the full accurized package. Looking at the recently released/announced figures from HT and EB, it's clear that the only boast this scale can make is the bigger size. And when it comes to details, new ones aren't added; the existing ones from 1/6 are simply done with better precision. The foundation doesn't change. Whether it's a human figure or something as complex as the Endoskeleton, this seems to hold true. If you're looking for the end-all/be-all Terminator figure, this isn't it. And no one's going to get it for $400, sadly. The flawless, museum-quality pieces that you and others so crave tend to go for much more money than this. There's just no way to get it from an 18" action figure.

(Note that I wholeheartedly understand your complaints related to Predator, since those issues are purely based on sculpt and can be fixed if the person in charge takes the time to look at proper reference pictures. It's a matter of going back to the clay and retooling it. The process isn't as easy for a character that's more mechanical in nature. Changes to the skull, sure. Changes to internal/semi-internal workings and wires that would actually affect functionality of the figure... meh, you're asking for a lot, even at $400.)

Hm, an Idea I never thought about...hollow profiles.
Do you have proof for that, or is that a concept from you?!
Not that I tend to steer against, I´m all in for new thoughts, but that kinda revoultionizes it for me...
just an idea based on:
- terminator weight affect in the movies (doesn't affect things different from a human actor; bodybuilder Matt can even lift him a little, shotgun blasts bring him down, bicycles don't scratch the road under his weight and they cannot keep more than 2 human weight)
- counting the weight of metal if there were no hollows (using different metals density amount)
- using visible hollows wherever possible (remember the opened chest unlike toy variants)
- no visible wires in all other places (why should they be outside in palms and never else)
- battle unit concept (no cuts of energy are allowed - no open electricity)
that's :)
it just fits everything.

At a certain point, nitpicking over small details like this (however critical they may be to you) becomes a little too much. If this were a $1K half-scale bust or a $2K life-size statue, I would understand your complaints and it would actually be easier for a company to address them on a larger piece. However, when it comes to 1/6 and 1/4 collectibles going for $200 and $400 respectively, small additions such as these are difficult to implement and companies don't see them as necessary given the purchase price. This isn't a criticism of you, but a simple observation that any amount under half a grand (or even a full grand) won't get you very much. At least, not the full accurized package. Looking at the recently released/announced figures from HT and EB, it's clear that the only boast this scale can make is the bigger size. And when it comes to details, new ones aren't added; the existing ones from 1/6 are simply done with better precision. The foundation doesn't change. Whether it's a human figure or something as complex as the Endoskeleton, this seems to hold true. If you're looking for the end-all/be-all Terminator figure, this isn't it. And no one's going to get it for $400, sadly. The flawless, museum-quality pieces that you and others so crave tend to go for much more money than this. There's just no way to get it from an 18" action figure.

(Note that I wholeheartedly understand your complaints related to Predator, since those issues are purely based on sculpt and can be fixed if the person in charge takes the time to look at proper reference pictures. It's a matter of going back to the clay and retooling it. The process isn't as easy for a character that's more mechanical in nature. Changes to the skull, sure. Changes to internal/semi-internal workings and wires that would actually affect functionality of the figure... meh, you're asking for a lot, even at $400.)

Sure, Blades.
You´re right about that.
But I just think that in bigger scale, wires inside the arms should be ABSOLUETELY possible!

just an idea based on:
- terminator weight affect in the movies (doesn't affect things different from a human actor; bodybuilder Matt can even lift him a little, shotgun blasts bring him down, bicycles don't scratch the road under his weight and they cannot keep more than 2 human weight)
- counting the weight of metal if there were no hollows (using different metals density amount)
- using visible hollows wherever possible (remember the opened chest unlike toy variants)
- no visible wires in all other places (why should they be outside in palms and never else)
- battle unit concept (no cuts of energy are allowed - no open electricity)
that's :)
it just fits everything.

Right, 100%
Never thought of it, I must say.
But you do have THE point there.
Will you try customizing the Endo with wires and internal stuff in the chest cavity and so on?!

At a certain point, nitpicking over small details like this (however critical they may be to you) becomes a little too much.
i guess you forget that "nitpicking" could be about every line on the skeleton because 90% of them are just an imagination of an old HT sculptor. here we just discussed a little thing that is not resculpting but adding parts, starting with EB metal hand where they added SOMETHING without knowing what should be there.

Never thought of it, I must say.
But you do have THE point there.
Will you try customizing the Endo with wires and internal stuff in the chest cavity and so on?!
well those points bothered me until i figured out something like that explanation.
as for customising, i am not a sculpting genius and will not spoil my existing skeletons with any of those, though i improved several details like chest/neck wires and neck pistons. but even hand wires should go through the palm and i cannot make those little holes for them. so i only add them on skeleton arms with flesh palms to hide the ends inside the flesh instead of connecting them.
as for the 1/4, i won't get it because it just repeats the 1/6 with all its mistakes plus a terryfying head and several parts losing detalisation. i'm waiting for 1/6 to get one and see that head in hand.

i guess you forget that "nitpicking" could be about every line on the skeleton because 90% of them are just an imagination of an old HT sculptor. here we just discussed a little thing that is not resculpting but adding parts, starting with EB metal hand where they added SOMETHING without knowing what should be there.

:exactly:

well those points bothered me until i figured out something like that explanation.
as for customising, i am not a sculpting genius and will not spoil my existing skeletons with any of those, though i improved several details like chest/neck wires and neck pistons. but even hand wires should go through the palm and i cannot make those little holes for them. so i only add them on skeleton arms with flesh palms to hide the ends inside the flesh instead of connecting them.
as for the 1/4, i won't get it because it just repeats the 1/6 with all its mistakes plus a terryfying head and several parts losing detalisation. i'm waiting for 1/6 to get one and see that head in hand.

I like the head, although I hope they do something about the teeth a little more, other then that...I like that Endo already very much and I´ll get it, cause I don´t have a high end one of the T-800.
So a must buy for me obviously, but only the regular.
I don´t need 2 rifles...
:wink1:

and so on and so forth.

that's hardcore.....

Back