Hot Toys Predator 2 - (battle damaged version) full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just glad Hot Toys made their Pred bodies look like the ones from the originals and not the oversized, steroid, football player Pred bodies Anderson made them.

Eh, the P2 one is alright, though it's not that accurate to the body in the movie.

I'm just glad Hot Toys made their Pred bodies look like the ones from the originals and not the oversized, steroid, football player Pred bodies Anderson made them.

I second that - I hated the way the preds looked in AVP -

Over sized, too bulky, too short, too many exaggerated weapons, dreds were waaay too long, and the way they moved just seemed off to me - Oh! and the part where they hit their chest to show that they were proud, what was that crap!!

The suit is only as good as the man who tries to bring it to life and lets face it these dudes aint no Kevin Peter Hall.

The suit is only as good as the man who tries to bring it to life and lets face it these dudes aint no Kevin Peter Hall.

True, though considering how bulky it was(Ian Whyte, the guy who's playing the Predator in AVP-R and the original AVP, complained about that) and Anderson's direction, I wouldn't judge Ian's performance in AVP1, though IMHO, he's certainly improved, seeing his Wolf Predator in action.

I second that - I hated the way the preds looked in AVP -

Over sized, too bulky, too short, too many exaggerated weapons, dreds were waaay too long, and the way they moved just seemed off to me - Oh! and the part where they hit their chest to show that they were proud, what was that crap!!

Agreed. I especially hated the facial design;
1719823823_3788db33a5.jpg

So fake looking, and the skin, forehead, eyes, chin and mandibles look horrible! According to Anderson, they did that because they wanted Scar to look more 'human' and 'relatable'. Seriously, WTF?!

Anderson really casturated the Preds, man:monkey2...

I also totally agree with you about the suit, the P1 suit was MASSIVE if you watch the special features of P1 youll be amazed by it. Imagine how much bigger and hotter the AVP suit must be. Also i agree with Predator expressions in AVP as being TOTAL CRAP. They didnt look nearly as vicious at P2 and P1

And not to mention that bad rubber material they used on his mandibles...it's like someone pulling your lip and then it just hangs that way.

I hope the AvP:R Predator (or Predators) look more realistic like the Pred1 and Pred2 did.

I also totally agree with you about the suit, the P1 suit was MASSIVE if you watch the special features of P1 youll be amazed by it. Imagine how much bigger and hotter the AVP suit must be. Also i agree with Predator expressions in AVP as being TOTAL CRAP. They didnt look nearly as vicious at P2 and P1

Okay, I know I seem to get into this argument on a daily basis, but all that design had a purpose. The Predators in AVP were Initiates. They were there for their Rite of Passage/ first big hunt. While they are "alien" by their very nature, I would imagine they still share similaries to other bi-pedal races, such as humans. Think of them as teenagers trying to prove themselves. Of course they are going to be cocky (I actually thought the chest bump/slap thing illustrated that well). The pyramid was suppose to be a controlled environment. They really didn't fear going in there ... until the humans screwed it up by hitting the "start" button before they reached their cannons. The film did a good job of punishing the predators for their arrogance (I still love the "Yeah, I am badass ... now let me pose here, even though the place is crawling with these f'kers" and the resounding chest stab from above by the alien). So, yeah, what many of you see as weaknesses I see as character development. Besides, I am sure it takes a few hunts before they learn the lessons of P1, P2, and presumably Wolf ... it takes more than an arsenal to take down aliens ... you have to be a warrior born.

Don't get me wrong, I still cringe at some of the pacing problems (i.e. the accelerated alien birth cycle, the haphazard movement patterns of the pyramid, etc). However, I remember reading an interview with Anderson a while back where he explained how the studio had gutted a lot of his intended continuity with the budget cut and PG-13 mandate. I won't go into it all, but here's an example - Anderson had planned to shoot a scene with the alien queen activator to show the viewer that the machine artificially sped up the growth cycle of the Aliens to create a better testing environment. But FOX cut the budget and refused to push back the release, so he had to go with what he had. All in all, Anderson gets crucified for AvP, when it really wasn't all his fault. I agree it wasn't up to the standards of it's fore bearers. However, I don't feel it was Anderson's fault.

And not to mention that bad rubber material they used on his mandibles...it's like someone pulling your lip and then it just hangs that way.

I hope the AvP:R Predator (or Predators) look more realistic like the Pred1 and Pred2 did.
That and the mandibles springing open so fast and wide made it look ridiculous.
I heard they used a different type of material for the Pred face, I think silicone this time instead of urethane rubber.

Back on topic, I'm still pissed at HT. Why couldn't they have given us that switchable mandible thing for the first P2 release, or every other Pred release for the matter? That would've made me content with the first version at least.

Back