Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

:dunno I'm just wondering if Hot Toys is biting off more than they can chew, as it seems they're announcing figures twice as fast as they're able to release them. With the line-up they've got pegged for Q3-Q4 I suspect we may see a lot of delays.

Already seeing delays. Tron was put on hold and I'm guessing MGS too. Given their piss poor CS, there's only so much more they can do before the whole company implodes. :lol

DOnt forget IM Mark V too!

you are criticizing people's speculations with a particularly closed minded approach as if you were threatened by this new release.

Why should I feel threatened?

If it's a rerelease, I'll stick with what I've got (though I may pick up an extra head, if they've made a safer PERS mechanism).

If it's a revamp, I'll probably pick it up, and gladly (or at least pick up the revamped parts and add it to my DX). I've got a DX, but if a better figure comes along, I wouldn't have a problem with considering another Joker purchase. I'm a Batman collector, not an action figure investment speculator.

And if it's a Nurse Joker? I would love that. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - a Nurse Joker would be great.

I just don't think there's ANY evidence or reason to believe this will be a Nurse Joker. The only thing informing those opinions are people's own particular desires. They WANT a Nurse Joker, so that means, in their mind, it's LIKELY to be a Nurse Joker.

Ok man your opinion is your opinion.

But if it does indeed turn out to be a total revamp, it'll be time for some major humble pie:dunno

Haha, if it's a "revamp," it wouldn't bother me in the slightest - but I will stand by my opinion that, at this point in the game it is (and will have been) unjustified and premature to believe this will be anything more than a straight re-release, as we have no evidence for that whatsoever.

Umm no. The only reason a Nurse joker is likely is because it's the ONLY joker outfit HT has not done yet.

And since this is a DX, it is reasonable to assume it could come with 2 outfits

Why should I feel threatened?

If it's a rerelease, I'll stick with what I've got (though I may pick up an extra head, if they've made a safer PERS mechanism).

If it's a revamp, I'll probably pick it up, and gladly (or at least pick up the revamped parts and add it to my DX). I've got a DX, but if a better figure comes along, I wouldn't have a problem with considering another Joker purchase. I'm a Batman collector, not an action figure investment speculator.

And if it's a Nurse Joker? I would love that. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - a Nurse Joker would be great.

I just don't think there's ANY evidence or reason to believe this will be a Nurse Joker. The only thing informing those opinions are people's own particular desires. They WANT a Nurse Joker, so that means, in their mind, it's LIKELY to be a Nurse Joker.

Haha, if it's a "revamp," it wouldn't bother me in the slightest - but I will stand by my opinion that, at this point in the game it is (and will have been) unjustified and premature to believe this will be anything more than a straight re-release, as we have no evidence for that whatsoever.

I'll just quickly say if your speculating its a re-release is no different than someone speculating its Nurse Joker. We have no evidence either way. All we know is there is a Joker 2.0 coming out, that's all anyone knows. It could be anything related to Joker. He could come with one of his thugs for all we know. No one is right or wrong. There is no information to go on. So everyone should just relax and have fun :)

Already seeing delays. Tron was put on hold and I'm guessing MGS too. Given their piss poor CS, there's only so much more they can do before the whole company implodes. :lol

I think they have alot on there plates over the next few months, you have IM Mark V, Capt America, Superman and god knows what else. I also agree i think they are announcing too much without bringing enough out. Stuff like MGS people have been waiting for it for like years it seems :) Its not fair to keep people waiting just builds up more frustration !!

I dont think we will hear any more to do with a Joker DX 2 until 2012

I guess my point is being lost here.

All I'm trying to say is that this talk of certainty that it "has to be" or "must be" or even "probably will be" a Nurse Joker is bogus.

We have one piece of evidence for what this figure may be - a piece of cardboard with the exact same box art as the DX Joker (with a "2.0" stamped on it). That is much more indicative of a rerelease than a brand new outfit (more of the same, not something new). It in no way points to a Nurse Joker.

As someone who doesn't yet have any Hot Toys Jokers, I will be satisfied with just simply having a chance to own one finally. Woot!

As someone who doesn't yet have any Hot Toys Jokers, I will be satisfied with just simply having a chance to own one finally. Woot!

same here. i was going to pick up bank robber joker, but now i'll wait to see what this DX will offer.

I Still think it'll be a Bank Robber/Nurse Combo

I guess my point is being lost here.

All I'm trying to say is that this talk of certainty that it "has to be" or "must be" or even "probably will be" a Nurse Joker is bogus.

We have one piece of evidence for what this figure may be - a piece of cardboard with the exact same box art as the DX Joker (with a "2.0" stamped on it). That is much more indicative of a rerelease than a brand new outfit (more of the same, not something new). It in no way points to a Nurse Joker.

When i see "2.0" improved version is what i take from that, Rocketeer Ver 2.0 & 2.5 come to mind.

Well, we've been waiting for Smooth Criminal MJ for over a year now... :tap...

I said it about 2 years ago, that HT had started to bite more than they could chew, so I'm not surprised by the delays at all... it was bound to happen, and if they are not careful, could end up with lots of cancellations, specially for some of the "fad" licenses that they've acquired...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back