Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Medicom chap still looks nice though, and probably even nicer if he was a stand-alone piece on your shelf. Do you guys remember Medicom's first Giger Alien figure? That was cool for its time (the late nineties, I think).

Hey Abake, do you have a photo of the Medicom alien standing next to any of the HT ones?

No, sorry. But I know I've seen side by side pics with HT aliens somewhere around here... try checking the original Giger alien thread, maybe there's one there. In any case, I'm sure Sabres will find one for ya! :lol

Someone needs to do a serious repaint on it though! Then it'd be almost perfect.

Agreed.
Has the price on it already dropped? I haven't seen it go down. I think people are not attempting any repaints because it's such an expensive figure and the material used is unlike any other I've seen. It certainly isn't rubbery like HT's, so who knows what type of paint you'd have to use.

The Medicom chap still looks nice though, and probably even nicer if he was a stand-alone piece on your shelf. Do you guys remember Medicom's first Giger Alien figure? That was cool for its time (the late nineties, I think).

Hey Abake, do you have a photo of the Medicom alien standing next to any of the HT ones?

No, sorry. But I know I've seen side by side pics with HT aliens somewhere around here... try checking the original Giger alien thread, maybe there's one there. In any case, I'm sure Sabres will find one for ya! :lol

:rotfl:rotfl

Dude, you know that's right.

100_5740.jpg

All that could have been said about the figure has been said.
I just hope HT takes notice & do the changes, its just the skull/dome & hands. If they do that, I'm happy enough.

Yeah, the Medicom Alien really fall shorts in size, but still a beautiful near accurate depiction of Giger's Alien.

All that could have been said about the figure has been said.
I just hope HT takes notice & do the changes, its just the skull/dome & hands. If they do that, I'm happy enough.

Yeah, the Medicom Alien really fall shorts in size, but still a beautiful near accurate depiction of Giger's Alien.

Yep, fix the skull and the hands and I'll be perfectly content.

Even though it's not accurate, I love the paint job on the proto.

I hope we get something like that.

If they fix the head, I would consider this, but the price tag seems a bit too steep, considering it's the same as Don Corleone. I guess they can justify it being a new sculpt and all, but The Don was a clothed figure with an excellent set of accessories that came with him. This should at least have an egg and face-hugger. Or better yet, a partially cocooned Dallas or Brett!

damn !! Why didn't I pick up those medicom alien with slightly damege box for 75 USD including shipping ……

I don't really get the issue with the Medicom Alien not being 1/6 scale. Surely people have a desk or bathroom it can live in, separate to the rest of their collection? I have mine posed on a shelf with some of my Alien books and a couple of the little Kubricks and it looks great.

Seems strange to forego what is currently the most accurate poseable depiction of Giger's Alien, just because it's a tiddler.

only complanit, the poses for the publicity photes are somewhat lackluster, compared to the other aliens. I do hope this is not indicitive of his poseability/fragility.

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread so this question may be asked and answered. If so, can someone post the link to the thread please? Anyway, why do they call it the Big Chap Alien?

I'm an Alien fan but i don't get into the back story very much. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread so this question may be asked and answered. If so, can someone post the link to the thread please? Anyway, why do they call it the Big Chap Alien?

I'm an Alien fan but i don't get into the back story very much. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

It was basically a term of affection used on set during filming, I put a link to a brief explanation in this review-
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_012609b.htm

Look at the adult Alien section on the last page of this PDF link-
https://www.littlegiger.com/articles/files/Starlog_26.pdf
It was a term that got picked up in Japan and slightly lost in translation meaning it became officially known as 'The Big Chap'.

u know what bugs me way more than the inaccurate face? that HUGE, UGLY-ASS seam across the back of his dome! wtf is that about, hot toys?

think i'll hold off buying this til it comes out and i can judge in-hand whether it's worth getting...

Yep, fix the skull and the hands and I'll be perfectly content.

Even though it's not accurate, I love the paint job on the proto.

I hope we get something like that.

I really wish they got rid of the extra ribbing on the inner forearms and the calves as well...
In the case of the forearms it's just a matter of deleting the detail, but the lower legs would have to be re-sculpted.

That sort of thing I can live with. It's not integral to the look of the Alien, whereas the face and teeth most definitely are. I don't understand how they can take those iconic shiny chrome dentures and turn them into tiny little gummy peg teeth without thinking "Maybe we should have another crack at this..."

I mean, even the Kenner managed to get that broadly right!

Back