Hot Toys - General Grievous (teaser)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Toys deliberately and explicitly put that Grievous teaser on that cover page sitting directly on top of the figure. That's their subtle way of saying to collectors "Be prepared suckers". From years of collecting Hot Toys, this is literally the first time I see them using this tactic. Most of the time, the teasers were subtly included with promo pics of main figures on their social media platforms.

It's hilarious to think that crappy SideShow Grievous was used for this purpose.

Hot Toys deliberately and explicitly put that Grievous teaser on that cover page sitting directly on top of the figure. That's their subtle way of saying to collectors "Be prepared suckers". From years of collecting Hot Toys, this is literally the first time I see them using this tactic. Most of the time, the teasers were subtly included with promo pics of main figures on their social media platforms.

It's hilarious to think that crappy SideShow Grievous was used for this purpose.

It's not the Sideshow figure. I guarantee it's a HT prototype. We might even see it at SDCC this year.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but I think they literally just photoshopped this picture of the Sideshow premium format Grievous statue into the image.

general-grievous_star-wars_gallery_6155e6847fa98.jpg

I mean the pose and angle is the exact same and lines up perfectly:

general-grievous_star-wars_gallery_6155e6847fa98.png

Funniest part about this is that I googled "general grievous back" since I was curious if it was being modeled of off the ROTS or CW Grievous, randomly came across that picture of the Sideshow statue, then realized that they were the exact same lol

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but I think they literally just photoshopped this picture of the Sideshow premium format Grievous statue into the image.

View attachment 702602

View attachment 702601

Funniest part about this is that I googled "general grievous back" since I was curious if it was being modeled of off the ROTS or CW Grievous, randomly came across that picture of the Sideshow statue, then realized that they were the exact same lol
Great investigative work. So not sideshow grievous figure but sideshow PF Grievous... oh well.

Last edited:

View attachment 702602

View attachment 702601

jD2DkUy.gif

Ok, rage expelled. Now close thread :p

Well at least I find funny that they did use a statue and not a figure, probably knowing how bad a figure is, not capable to hold any pose.

Looks like the case has been closed. I'll lock the thread. If Hot Toys actually announces a Grievous, a new thread can be started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back