Hot Toys - General Grievous (teaser)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the SS Coming Soon page is indeed a house of lies and broken promises. Drax (V2/V3) and Yon-Rogg's presence there should add a grain of salt to any speculation.

Incidentally, if either of those figures get released I will change my name to Sir Jaervy Barzenblatz.

Man I still remember Clint Hawkeye from the Hawkeye series

I maintain we were robbed of a comic accurate Clint

I just hope it comes with accessories and details that are worth it. I know it would be better than SS's but it'll need diecast, weapons, maybe a damaged clone helmet, Ect.

I don’t think so but I think they have used non-figure imagery before.
Yup, even as recent as the insert with OWK DX Vader. Most of the imagery is of the figure(s), but the Obiwan in the image behind Vader is a real image of Ewan instead of the HT figure.

I'll just be happy if it stands up on its own and doesn't slowly slump and wither.
For once I think this may be a figure that could benefit from some diecast parts. Every single GG from Hasbro has been just shy of being a gummy bear. The limbs are too thin to support any kind of weight. Having some diecast legs could at least help him stand. I do worry diecast arms would be too heavy though so maybe just some firm plastic there. The Sideshow isn’t perfect but was the first GG that I felt even came close to being a decent figure. Big enough he wasn’t a gummy mess but small enough he didn’t take up a room of his own like the OG PF. I’m hopeful that HT can do better.

Word. This guy would have to sport a metal frame and ratcheted joints of some sort to keep from leaning into Yoda over time. At least dubba-G doesn't have any hair that could be Artisianized.

Grievous is an easy $479 figure for HT to bilk us for.

Come HT, with Disney utterly destroying Star Wars, I will pay good money to remember a simpler time when I was only disappointed in Star Wars.
Shhhhs, they’re watching us. Highest they can ever fetch for him is $250, not a penny more.

Does seem a little different to the SSC V2 but with it quite out of focus in the HT pic it's hard to really say for sure. Some sculpt elements do seem different (angle of the pictured figs is different though - this is taken from Justin's review.)
grievous.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back