Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

As if the prices we're currently paying for these figs aren't insane enough....THIS is definitely a slap in the face telling you HT are COCKY as ****.

$60...that's still a bit much, but that sure as hell is Better than $100 for crying out loud!

I know we normally can't speak with our wallets because we collectors are not united enough as our opinions are always split down the middle....but this...c'mon, there's just no way IM collectors can agree to this.

Man, I wish we can speak to HT with one collective voice.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

I'll buy 4, I don't have a mk 1 anymore and the mk3 is garbage, and the mk 5 should be displayed suit case form so there lol and if I do want to add more IM hoping I can just put the bases we already have on top of these

On FB, William Lau has these prices listed. I converted them

single @$100
4 pack @$370
7 pack @ $640

My butt already hurts from the raping its going to get on this.

I think I'll be fine with the flight stands I already have my collection on. At least those do not nearly fully conceal the figures I've paid hundreds of dollars for each like these new diorama pieces will.

i gotta agree,the prices on these,,if thats the true prices for the US,are totally crazy,,55.00 / 65.00 wouldve been totally acceptable..
Easy pass for me

I'd love these but out of principle I won't get these. Way too much money.

Easy pass. I think it's bout time to get out of the hobby for me :chase

Yeah, if it was cheaper like maybe $150 I'd do the 4 pack since they are purposely doing that for ppl who STILL can get a set of those for MSRP but nope. OH well.

Way overblown for hallow display cases.

My custom made 4 sage hall of armors cost $1300. It's the centerpiece of my collection. And everyone's favorite item in my collection. It also looks much better, brighter and bigger than the HT version.

I'm selling it for what I put in to it because the same customized is making me a new one. HT one is crap. See my sales thread of interested.

I don't have all the marks nor would I want every Ironman I do own to be posed in one of these but I would be game for just getting 1 or 2. Really like the hologram effect (although them being stickers is kinda cheap)

Yeah.
For $640 to get the entire set, i'd expect actual holograms...

Well, cripes, at this price you could get seven of the exact same light-up case with different stickers, or you could pick up a super detailed 1/6 '89 Batmobile with lights and all the bells and whistles. To me, that's a no-brainer.

Exactly! :hi5:

That's a little greedy if you ask me. I wouldn't pay more than $60 a pop for those. Hopefully they reconsider the prices on these. I mean hell, we are all going to continue to buy the armors so gives a break on the hall to put said armors in.

I was wanting them to be @ $50 too. They do look great. But I knew they wouldn't be because a few months ago, a small company made these and they were @ $100. So I knew they'd be up there.

:lecture can't agree more.

This should be around $40 IMO.

:clap:clap

Looks cool. But the price is my main deterrent. I'll pass as well. :(

Me too.

And those prices are Hong Kong prices. They will probably be a little more than that.

Sideshow's price would prolly be $119 :lol

That said, HT should release this at a reasonable price so that it'll encourage more buyers to buy the still in stock mark Is, IIs etc from their distributors.

Sideshow's price would prolly be $119 :lol

That said, HT should release this at a reasonable price so that it'll encourage more buyers to buy the still in stock mark Is, IIs etc from their distributors.

Excellent point. The price is definitely the killer for me - it's an expensive purchase to just have your figures standing up straight in a box. A pretty box, but a box nonetheless.

Custom made 4 stage Iron Man hall of armors
16e0a8a2.jpg

Sideshow tried charging more for a gun and a slab of a corner in jabbas palace that didn't light up...you should not be so shocked..I actually thought they would be more

Owning a single IM, I had no interest in these from the start.

I cannot say I am surprised at the price either. Many have stated custom ones were selling for $100 thus no shock at the price point.

Excellent point. The price is definitely the killer for me - it's an expensive purchase to just have your figures standing up straight in a box. A pretty box, but a box nonetheless.

If this were going for $40, I'm sure there would be quite a few who will purchase multiple mark I-VII again just to display them in these cases.

But I think they'd have to be thinking long term for them to do something like that though, since that would mean small profit for them for the time being :lol

If this were going for $40, I'm sure there would be quite a few who will purchase multiple mark I-VII again just to display them in these cases.

But I think they'd have to be thinking long term for them to do something like that though, since that would mean small profit for them for the time being :lol

On that note, I would even consider the option to purchase these with non-articulated armors already in them. But I'm sure they'd charge an extra $150 for each one :lol

'Sa bout effing time!!!!

:rotfl This is Hot Toys producing these. Not Hasbro.

But the build itself is something that you CAN expect from Hasbro. They get to sell it at that price because they have 1. name 2. reputation also 3. greed.

Back