Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you're not getting the Takara figure (on ebay) which comes with both gauntlets and a velvet cape? :huh

Was it even a velvet cape, I never bothered asking.

Is it short, long, hero cut, not hero cut. :dunno

Just the shipping alone for that Takara ($30) will pay for a custom cape from Iforigno.

At this stage, with HT so close to announcing their TDKR 1/6 and 1/4 line, I can't see myself spending $130.00 for a Takara just for gaunlets.

I will settle for stock gaunlets and velvet cape.

Then again, for the right price :lol

Last edited:
hey quick question I've had my bat on display since released on shelf and not in a detolf or case ..I like to know should i put him back in box until i get my detolfs or shelfs for him..I barely mess with him except to dust off cape and just wondering is he realy gonna be in danger of damage just on the shelf ...thanks for any info here ...

Was it even a velvet cape, I never bothered asking.

Is it short, long, hero cut, not hero cut. :dunno

Just the shipping alone for that Takara ($30) will pay for a custom cape from Iforigno.

The description says "velvet like material". https://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-1-6...ultDomain_0&hash=item20c07bbed1#ht_500wt_1156

You were supposed to contact the guy at least. :stick
As far as the Takara gauntlets go, you will most likely have to buy the whole figure.

Here's one for a decent price on the bay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-1-6...ultDomain_0&hash=item20c07bbed1#ht_500wt_1156

It looks like it might come with one of lforigno's capes, which would kill two birds with one stone for you. :) (I would message the guy to find out more about the cape.)

:lecture

I will settle for stock gaunlets and velvet cape.

Then again, for the right price :lol

You're not gonna find it cheaper than that eBay auction (even with the shipping). Just sayin'.

And don't forget, you're not just paying for gauntlets (far superior ones) and a cape. You are also getting a really decent first night out Batman for display with the awesome Bruce Wayne head that comes with the Hot Toys figure.

At this stage, with HT so close to announcing their TDKR 1/6 and 1/4 line, I can't see myself spending $130.00 for a Takara just for gaunlets.

Not just gauntlets. Gauntlets, a cape, and a first night out Batman.

On the other hand, you know your business. And we are no doubt in for a lot of epicness from TDKR. So I get it if you want to save $$$.

Jye, do yourself a favor and get the takbats. Like mags saying, you get the gauntlets, cape, and a perfect body for a FNO to display with your hall of batboys.

You'll be happy....

303373108_41dd5d2e9b.jpg

The description says "velvet like material". https://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-1-6...ultDomain_0&hash=item20c07bbed1#ht_500wt_1156

You were supposed to contact the guy at least. :stick

:lecture

You're not gonna find it cheaper than that eBay auction (even with the shipping). Just sayin'.

And don't forget, you're not just paying for gauntlets (far superior ones) and a cape. You are also getting a really decent first night out Batman for display with the awesome Bruce Wayne head that comes with the Hot Toys figure.

Not just gauntlets. Gauntlets, a cape, and a first night out Batman.

On the other hand, you know your business. And we are no doubt in for a lot of epicness from TDKR. So I get it if you want to save $$$.

Jye, do yourself a favor and get the takbats. Like mags saying, you get the gauntlets, cape, and a perfect body for a FNO to display with your hall of batboys.

You'll be happy....

303373108_41dd5d2e9b.jpg

I'll sleep on it.

I'll announce my decision with a press conference. :lol

By the way Mags, thanks for the idea with the takbats gauntlets, they look awesome on this guy! :rock

IMAG0581.jpg

Now to just try and get those damn clips on one day.

Decided to mess around with some of the programs I have for my mac, and managed to produce a fairly decent looking picture I think.

Original:
pict2521o.jpg

Edited:
pict2521v2.jpg

And I only noticed that the left clip was out of place after I took the pics. It's too much hassle to try and get the clip in place again just for 1 photo :lol

I'll sleep on it.

I'll announce my decision with a press conference. :lol

:lol :lol

I await your decision with baited breath...

By the way Mags, thanks for the idea with the takbats gauntlets, they look awesome on this guy! :rock

IMAG0581.jpg

Now to just try and get those damn clips on one day.

Looks great! Glad you like them. :)

You could do like me and take the pegs off the clips and just tape them in place closer to the front like they belong.

I also hate myself for selling my Takara, oh and selling my Original OC, did I mention that I cancelled my Tumbler preorder! :gah:

Don't think, just buy. :lecture

Never sell (my philosophy) :lecture

That has been my philosophy for a while now, but my collection has reached the point that after adding maybe 5 more I will have to either 1) start storing/rotating figures or, 2) sell some. :(

Hey guys could you tell me where to pick up the grey and black suits we keep seeing in this thread? want to put my brucewayne sculpt to good use.
also any good bodies I could use(cheap?)

Hey guys could you tell me where to pick up the grey and black suits we keep seeing in this thread? want to put my brucewayne sculpt to good use.
also any good bodies I could use(cheap?)

Seems quite a few use this one: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Bruce-Figure-Medicom/dp/B001MXTUOQ[/ame]

Back