1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the OATY cowl in a couple days ago. Perfect in my eyes. Purchased a MMS595 set off a FB BST, should be coming in Tuesday. I’ll take better pics but for now this is all I have. In love with the Oaty cowl.

View attachment 702283

Got the OATY cowl in a couple days ago. Perfect in my eyes. Purchased a MMS595 set off a FB BST, should be coming in Tuesday. I’ll take better pics but for now this is all I have. In love with the Oaty cowl.

View attachment 702283
I know what you mean. I’m still futzing with mine but I love it, not even gonna talk about what an improvement it is…. Until the inart version is revealed, this is perfect

Attachments

• IMG_4080.jpeg
    IMG_4080.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4082.jpeg
    IMG_4082.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
What do you suppose is the difference between spending that on a Hot Toys chrome trooper, and spending it on something custom?

You get "plastic" either way. But the custom is more special.

No, it isn't. It's a head. An accessory priced at $300+.

Your money though. if it makes you happy, more power to you. I simply find it ******* stupid.

No, it isn't. It's a head. An accessory priced at $300+.

Your money though. if it makes you happy, more power to you. I simply find it ******* stupid.
Well I suppose I am ****** stupid then cos I bought oatys sculpt & Jaxons for my other mms 595, my collection is 90% batman & now Iv got a figure & headsculpt that in my eyes now is the best version there is.
My whole collection is stupid if that’s how you wanna think?
I can’t justify spending £10 never mind £500 on “toys” but I do cos it’s my hobby & I can ✌🏻

Everyone has their own limits for what they consider "worth it" in terms of cost. For me, buying a custom head for Batman Begins is factored into my own mental cost of an actual Begins figure. Had Hot Toys actually put in some effort, or another company produce an actual collectible figure then the custom offerings might not have been necessary. IMO if you're gonna spend the money and only care about having a representation of this guy in your collection I'd go for the 1/4 Enterbay figure. For my collection 1/6 is the preferred scale. Unfortunately the stock sculpt is so garbage I consider the cost of any of the custom parts as part of buying the figure. Might be dumb lol, but that's how I justify any of the costs to upgrade this.

Sorry if this has been discussed. Do these custom cowls work on the older ToysFair version and look OK? I absolutely hate that figure’s Cowl and Boots but can’t seem to let him go.

Sorry if this has been discussed. Do these custom cowls work on the older ToysFair version and look OK? I absolutely hate that figure’s Cowl and Boots but can’t seem to let him go.
I think the custom cowls are compatible with both old and new batman begins releases

What do you suppose is the difference between spending that on a Hot Toys chrome trooper, and spending it on something custom?

No difference at all; both of those scenarios are clear signs of insanity!

…He says quietly waiting for more news on Unreal’s replacement head for the InArt Battinson

Both of those scenarios are clear signs of insanity!

…He says quietly waiting for more news on Unreal’s replacement head for the InArt Battinson
It is. I just think it's hypocritical to spend hundreds of dollars on a Hot Toy, and then call people stupid for spending it on something custom.

I don't like hypocrisy.

Uhm Jaxon's is still a custom sculpt.

For $85 I never expected it to look as good as the more expensive offerings but damn - that looks pretty damn good for eighty five bucks tho:thud:

Of coarse we still have to see the painted mouth's..

But again - $85

And you can get the base figure for pretty cheap.

For now.

In any case I think we can all agree it obliterates the HT.

Last edited:
Uhm Jaxon's is still a custom sculpt.

For $85 I never expected it to look as good as the more expensive offerings but damn - that looks pretty damn good for eighty five bucks tho:thud:

Of coarse we still have to see the painted mouth's..

But again - $85

And you can get the base figure for pretty cheap.

For now.

In any case I think we can all agree it obliterates the HT.
Jaxon's sculpt is mass produced.

It's nice, and it's great value. But it's not custom.

Back