Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diecast sucks. Swapped 5 different autoart car models and everyone of them had chips.

The figure looks awesome but I'd be weary of the paint flaking off the die cast. Is it likely Hot Toys will be doing figures for the new reboot? Even if the movie isn't great I think the design of the suit is really cool.

You'd be in a minority thinking that. And no Hot Toys aren't making figures from it, they've seen it get nothing but trashed by much of the internet so, it would seem, have opted to steer clear.

I wouldn't count the out. They did make figures from sucker punch and the Lone Ranger. Anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there would have been an announcement by now. It seems to me instead they saw the new film as an ideal opportunity to make new figures of the classic Robocop and ED. Not sure how good an idea it would be to put out figures from the new film at the same time as those. Classic Robocop would cannibalise the sales of the new one.

That's a qc error, not a die cast problem

Yes, but it also illustrates something. Something concerning. Notice he said "chips".

When you use solvent based paints, the chemical reaction involved "keys" the paint into the plastic. In essence, it bonds with the plastic, as opposed to metal, where the solvent doesn't react the same way, and the paint adheres to the metal, not joins with it. It's why damage that would nick or scratch the paint on a plastic item, especially on sharp edges, that damage will chip the paint on a diecast. It's because the bond between paint and paint is stronger than paint to metal.

Ah well. Not much can be done now, I suppose.

The figure looks awesome but I'd be weary of the paint flaking off the die cast. Is it likely Hot Toys will be doing figures for the new reboot? Even if the movie isn't great I think the design of the suit is really cool.

I'm going to guess HT didn't even want it. I do have a free movie ticket though, so I may go watch it to kill some time on a Saturday arvo.

You'd be in a minority thinking that. And no Hot Toys aren't making figures from it, they've seen it get nothing but trashed by much of the internet so, it would seem, have opted to steer clear.
I don't mind the silver look, but that exposed hand. WTF, Hollywood?

You know what I think is coming, inevitably? A remake of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. *shudder*

I have a $7.50 off for it so I might as well check it out, and afterwards hope into Wolf of Wall Street, American Hustle, Desolation of Smaug, and maybe one more if my eyes aren't feeling tired... :devil

I think there would have been an announcement by now. It seems to me instead they saw the new film as an ideal opportunity to make new figures of the classic Robocop and ED. Not sure how good an idea it would be to put out figures from the new film at the same time as those. Classic Robocop would cannibalise the sales of the new one.

That seems logical. I do think however there bound to make a reboot Robocop soon. I mean it's still Robocop so it would probably sell based on the character.

I have a $7.50 off for it so I might as well check it out, and afterwards hope into Wolf of Wall Street, American Hustle, Desolation of Smaug, and maybe one more if my eyes aren't feeling tired... :devil
Not one after the other surely!? You'd be in the cinema for like 9 hours, probably more. :thud:

Depressing discussion you guys are having. Depressing for me anyway.

Wonder if headplay is going to make the Peter Weller headsculpt from the BD version. Would love to get one.

What's the deal with the die-cast? It is going to peel or chip? I'm really considering getting this, but not if it's guaranteed to be a piece of **** in a year. :lol

What's the deal with the die-cast? It is going to peel or chip? I'm really considering getting this, but not if it's guaranteed to be a piece of **** in a year. :lol

Don't get me started. :rotfl

I have to say though, after all this talk of diecast, I was dusting last night, and I noticed my MR Stormtrooper Blaster has had a chunk of paint chipped off the front sight, and it's not something I use as a toy, or mistreat. Just sits behind glass. Dunno how it happened. :(

I'm sure you won't find that wording in the product descriptions fine print.

Just trust Walker. He has something made out of something painted by someone in some other factory made by some other company that assures us something will go wrong with this figure made by someone else.

Don't get me started. :rotfl

I have to say though, after all this talk of diecast, I was dusting last night, and I noticed my MR Stormtrooper Blaster has had a chunk of paint chipped off the front sight, and it's not something I use as a toy, or mistreat. Just sits behind glass. Dunno how it happened. :(

Someone in the house cleaning had an accident and did not tell you?

humidity? Corrosion due to living next to the sea?

Some bubbles or bad paint application in the factory?

who knows, could be a lot of things :lecture

Hope HT does not **** it?

Adev, i agree but they could still announce it and do it like a year down release so that gets them a good chunk of $$$ . I think they are waiting to see the success, who knows they may launch, 2 suites from the film, a new ed and also some of those droids or whatever they are showing in the trailers (if the film is a success that is)

A lot will depend on if there is a sequel plan...

^^^ oh oh... I take it back, i believe three zero bought a license for new robocop...both suite versions...

Yeah, they did.

But even if the movie is or isn't a success, I don't think that applies to what franchises get the Figure treatment. It all comes down to what DB Chang likes (sucker punch, Lone Ranger, etc)

I'm sure you won't find that wording in the product descriptions fine print.

Just trust Walker. He has something made out of something painted by someone in some other factory made by some other company that assures us something will go wrong with this figure made by someone else.

Sounds legit. :lol

Yeah, they did.

But even if the movie is or isn't a success, I don't think that applies to what franchises get the Figure treatment. It all comes down to what DB Chang likes (sucker punch, Lone Ranger, etc)

:lol and isn't it very convenient that he likes Iron Man.

Back