Greggo Customs and Paint jobs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually got my first project planned for next year :lol :( :panic:

I don't even wanna talk about that, at work today I thought of 5 new figures that, besides what I have on my plate now, I have parts, sculpts, bodies to do.... I'm gonna unleash some madness my friend.

As my wife would say, it's mad scientist time. :lol

Another quick sneak peek whats coming tomorrow for my pal Carbo-fation hope you like it buddy?

img2381n.jpg

img2382a.jpg

Holy ____ Gregg now that looks like will great likness:clap

Still can't stop looking at this. Fantastic work, Gregg.

Now I need to hurry up and find all of his clothes. :lol

I was hoping to take more photos for you today, but not sure if I will get the time, however I will take them tomorrow for you. Im glad you like it mate, cant wait to see it all done, Its a fantastic sculpt and a pleasure to paint. So Thank you for letting me buddy.

Just to keep you all in the know, due to the ease of completing some projects and paint jobs all you lovely people send me. I have re-done the list. Some people have been moved around, this is not because I like certain people more lol. But due to the fact this made the paint process alot easier for myself.

FAO of IndianaPaul the only reason why yours has been pushed back to due to the clean up, I also need to know what neck post you will be using? and what position do you want the eyes in?

1. Inception Set (Maglor) Done and shipped 10th November.
2. James Bond (Keysta75) Done and shipped 10th November.
3. Captain Price/Bond x2 (Platty) Done awaiting approval and payment.
4. Will Smith (carbo-fation) Done awaiting approval and payment.
5. Inception Set (K07) Started 10th November
6. Indiana Jones (IndianaPaul) I will make a start week begining 15th November

Started 10th of November? Why, that's today! :)

Indeed mate things are moving on nicely have you any preference on anything? Also I can't remember if you wanted your hands painted or just the ring added or both, sorry buddy I have so many PMs lol

Indeed mate things are moving on nicely have you any preference on anything? Also I can't remember if you wanted your hands painted or just the ring added or both, sorry buddy I have so many PMs lol

I would like the hands painted and the ring added. And I absolutely love what you did with Mag's Arthur so just something like that. Personally I find the hair color on Mag's Cobb to be a bit light, but it could be the lighting. I love the skin tones and beard and all on it and would like something similar in that regard.

I requested the lighter hair.

Leo is a blond:

leonardo-dicaprio.jpg

I mean no disrespect to your paint job or Gregg's skills. Here's the pics all put together:

comparea.jpg

img2299t.jpg

He has blonde hair in the first two paintjobs. A bit darker, but still blonde. I can't tell if I like what he did with your head because I think the photos aren't as great of quality. Not a knock against Gregg's paint job but I know the photos aren't an accurate portrayal.

Gregg, I think I'd like something in between Mag's and your revisions on that first Cobb and I'd be a happy camper. Sorry for the confusion!

I mean no disrespect to your paint job or Gregg's skills. Here's the pics all put together:

comparea.jpg

img2299t.jpg

He has blonde hair in the first two paintjobs. A bit darker, but still blonde. I can't tell if I like what he did with your head because I think the photos aren't as great of quality. Not a knock against Gregg's paint job but I know the photos aren't an accurate portrayal.

Gregg, I think I'd like something in between Mag's and your revisions on that first Cobb and I'd be a happy camper. Sorry for the confusion!

:lecture:lecture:lecture Been following this and I think Maglor's continual critiquing actually made it look worse. Didn't want to say anything because I didn't order one. But some people need to understand when good enough is.

comparea.jpg

img2299t.jpg

Apart from the yellow skin (which Greggo has said is not representative) I think the third one is the best.

Certainly the eyes are the best. And the hair is closest to the actual picture of Leo. :dunno

I'm sorry if I've made a nuisance of myself in this thread. I didn't mean to be 'continually critiquing' you Greggo. :(

I'm sure all of those heads look amazing in-hand.

I'm sorry if I've made a nuisance of myself in this thread. I didn't mean to be 'continually critiquing' you Greggo. :(

I'm sure all of those heads look amazing in-hand.

Not at all buddy! At the end of the day you are the customer and you can have whatever you want. Your paying the money for your sculpt to be painted how you want it. I don't mind getting briefs and how people want thier heads or customs to look. Everything I paint is for the person and thier collection. So Mags really don't worry at all. I'm just so happy to be painting anything, and I'm always over the moon that people choose me to paint thier items and give me such great feedback. So thank you Mag and everyone :)

Not at all buddy! At the end of the day you are the customer and you can have whatever you want. Your paying the money for your sculpt to be painted how you want it. I don't mind getting briefs and how people want thier heads or customs to look. Everything I paint is for the person and thier collection. So Mags really don't worry at all. I'm just so happy to be painting anything, and I'm always over the moon that people choose me to paint thier items and give me such great feedback. So thank you Mag and everyone :)

:lecture Words of wisdom. Thanks again Greggo for that Awesome paint job on my Bond.

Back