Figure smells - Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening fellow collectors a bit of a strange question. So I acquired a set of Medicom daft punk figures that were sealed brand new.

So the boxes don't smell, however opening 1 figure it smells like petrol/ some fourm of oil. There's no residue on the body or clothing.

Just wondering if anyone's had this bizarre issue before? I'm not sure if it's the fabric choice and they fact they've been sat in a box for 4 + years. Also any remedies for the smell. 😂🤔

Not Medicom, but I picked up a League of Legends Ahri (1/7 anime fig) from APEX. The figure was ok, but whatever compound APEX used for the tail smelled VILE. Easily the worst chemical smell I've had during my years of collecting.

I left that thing in the garage for the better part of two weeks, outdoors under shade and even washed it with soap and water (usually a huge no-no). I hear that higher temperatures help plastic offgas, but little helped the plastic smell for me other than good ol' fashioned time (lots) in a non-confined space.

Back