EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think Exo-6's strength is really in their tailoring. It's really quite good, Quark in particular is an impressive piece of work. In the end, I think Nanjin will find a way to make Dukat. Dukat is just too important of a character. And Nanjin is just too stubborn and tenacious of a guy to leave Dukat out, he'll find a way when the time comes.

If I had to guess, I'd say the problem with the Cardassians is the necks. They'd need a custom body.
Based on earlier pics, I believe the plan was (at least at one point) to do the neck as a "fake dickey" piece that goes over the shoulders of a regular body.
Edit: Strike that. Ignore the ramblings of a madman. ;)

Last edited:
When I was growing up, I thought I must be the only person in the world who likes Star Trek.
That was in 93-97.
If it weren't for the internet, old-school AOL message boards, I'd have never thought anyone liked it
And even then, those boards were filled with older fans bitching and moaning about NuTrek. Every other poster had "Bring Back Kirk" in their signature. DS9 was too dark and anti-Trek. Voyager was just "Star Trek: Lost In Space". After Enterprise was canceled, we all thought Trek was dead.
Yet now, here we are. Trek is actually in the Nielson top tens. Multiple Teek-only conventions across the globe, including the Comic-Con sized one in Vegas. Two different Trek cruises every year that sell out within weeks.
So clearly, someone watches it. And a lot of people still spend a crapload of money on it.
I have learned that just because content is being created, that doesn't mean it is turning a profit. Apparently the CW never turned a profit on anything they generated. Paramount is in financial problems. D+ is a disaster. Unless you are Netflix, streaming was not the gold mine everyone expected. The franchises of some of our youths are floundering, both in story and actual profit. And to your point, yes, there are pockets of internet activity that could make you think one or another IP is thriving or dying respectively. There will always be SnyderBros, pixie dust snorters, Star Wars simps, and Trekkies. :ROFLMAO: But when you look at the big picture, i.e. the numbers as best as we can get them, the situation is bleak.

Based on earlier pics, I believe the plan was (at least at one point) to do the neck as a "fake dickey" piece that goes over the shoulders of a regular body.
cardassian.jpg

This pic was posted about a year ago. It looks like the neck scaling was molded into the shoulders, as it was the only cost-effective (and practical) way to do it.

Last edited:
I have learned that just because content is being created, that doesn't mean it is turning a profit. Apparently the CW never turned a profit on anything they generated. Paramount is in financial problems. D+ is a disaster. Unless you are Netflix, streaming was not the gold mine everyone expected. The franchises of some of our youths are floundering, both in story and actual profit. And to your point, yes, there are pockets of internet activity that could make you think one or another IP is thriving or dying respectively. There will always be SnyderBros, pixie dust snorters, Star Wars simps, and Trekkies. :ROFLMAO: But when you look at the big picture, i.e. the numbers as best as we can get them, the situation is bleak.

Paramount is in financial trouble, yes. But what that means for Star Trek, we don't know.
Streaming is hitting an adjustment period. But as for whether Trek is thriving or dying? As an audience, the only thing we know yo gauge it by is, are we getting more Trek? And the answer to that is yes, quite a bit of it. So, really, anecdotal evidence is irrelevant. But, even if it weren't, I'm more inclined to believe what that Paramount exec told me directly than anything else.

Netflix isn't even making a profit. All these streamers run at a deficit to make content to get subscribers, that they hope will stick around so they eventually will make a profit. It's a model they been using for years and they are now starting to feel the pinch.

As for what's successful and what's not, you really have to look at what's being made. They keep making Trek, SW, Marvel, they must bring in enough for them to keep making them. Supernatural ran on CW for 10 something years, they don't keep a show on that long if it's a failure, especially when you see popular shows get canceled with only one or two seasons.

Also when you look at shows like Yellowstone which is also a Paramount streaming show like Star Trek, it's a very popular and successful show, but by using the metrics you are using it should be labeled a failure.

The studio/streamers failures are much bigger then a handful of shows. It is possible for a show to be successful while the place that is making them and showing them is failing.

I’m just tired with streaming in general. Not one singular option exists that has everything that you want to watch, you find a show and then half way through watching it’s gets pulled off, the price hikes and commercials, etc.

There was a time when it was genuinely far better than cable but now it’s gone full circle.

As for what's successful and what's not, you really have to look at what's being made. They keep making Trek, SW, Marvel, they must bring in enough for them to keep making them.
Disney makes 70% of their profits from the parks, 30% of that from the Orlando parks. Look at the numbers and you see Disney is losing hundreds of millions of dollars in theaters and streaming. The parks are subsidizing those financial failures, which explains Disney. Star Trek has not done much for Paramount+ as there is no profit there (to date), and of course there's all the talk of Sundance looking into buying Paramount (not sure how that is going now). The idea of tentpoles and franchises has poisoned theatrical releases, especially after the year of the Flopbuster. This content is being produced, largely for an audience the studios are catering to that does not exist (e.g. not the fan base that got them where they are), seemingly because they haven't figured out why this stuff is not selling. From all evidence you can find out of the Hollywood bubble, it seems those running the "show" are actually not that bright. Other peoples' opinions may vary.

That being said, I'm still interested in an EXO-6 TWOK Cpt Spock and TOS Spock, but am okay to wait for next year.

Disney makes 70% of their profits from the parks, 30% of that from the Orlando parks. Look at the numbers and you see Disney is losing hundreds of millions of dollars in theaters and streaming. The parks are subsidizing those financial failures, which explains Disney. Star Trek has not done much for Paramount+ as there is no profit there (to date), and of course there's all the talk of Sundance looking into buying Paramount (not sure how that is going now). The idea of tentpoles and franchises has poisoned theatrical releases, especially after the year of the Flopbuster. This content is being produced, largely for an audience the studios are catering to that does not exist (e.g. not the fan base that got them where they are), seemingly because they haven't figured out why this stuff is not selling. From all evidence you can find out of the Hollywood bubble, it seems those running the "show" are actually not that bright. Other peoples' opinions may vary.

That being said, I'm still interested in an EXO-6 TWOK Cpt Spock and TOS Spock, but am okay to wait for next year.
Paramount accepted the SKYDANCE offer as of a week ago. Trek was one of the major reasons they wanted Paramount.

The Disney parks have ALWAYS done better than the studios. That doesn’t change any of the points I brought up.

I get people like to believe in doom and gloom everything modern sucks. It’s old man syndrome. All of us go through it. But to believe these corporations are just putting out media to lose money is ridiculous.

The audience they target isn’t the fan base it’s the general audience. Whose tastes have changed. The super hero film is now settling into the Western category of popularity. Something new will come along. Probably something none of us older fans are into.

The audience they target isn’t the fan base it’s the general audience. Whose tastes have changed. The super hero film is now settling into the Western category of popularity. Something new will come along. Probably something none of us older fans are into.

Video games, probably.
I've started to realize I'm now the crotchety old Trek fan I was laughing at on AOL message boards three decades ago.
Of course, I also thought "Descent" was the coolest Trek episode I'd ever seen. So, the times, they are a-changing.

Video games, probably.
I've started to realize I'm now the crotchety old Trek fan I was laughing at on AOL message boards three decades ago.
Of course, I also thought "Descent" was the coolest Trek episode I'd ever seen. So, the times, they are a-changing.
I truly believe that’s what we are all experiencing. Content today is just made differently then it was when we were younger.

Back