EXO-6 Star Trek "Strange New Worlds" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys - let's nip this in the bud NOW please.

Ironically I think Star Trek would be the perfect medium to analyze a Gaza and Israel situation in 1) a more modern way, DS9 did okay at the terrorist stuff but was IMO Bajor/Cardassia isn't a close comparison. And 2) through an alien lense and have it happen to aliens.

I'd love it to analyze a no win scenario like it.

But at the same time a Star Trek figure forum is PROBABLY not the place to start talking about this. It will go nowhere good. It's too raw and still happening. I 100% guarantee if we let it civil was will happen in this forum over this.

So let's not.

Ironically I think Star Trek would be the perfect medium to analyze a Gaza and Israel situation in 1) a more modern way, DS9 did okay at the terrorist stuff but was IMO Bajor/Cardassia isn't a close comparison. And 2) through an alien lense and have it happen to aliens.

I'd love it to analyze a no win scenario like it.

But at the same time a Star Trek figure forum is PROBABLY not the place to start talking about this. It will go nowhere good. It's too raw and still happening. I 100% guarantee if we let it civil was will happen in this forum over this.

So let's not.

Agreed. I've got daughters at two different universities right now, and...well, people really are going nuts over this on every side.
I just wish we'd stop holding actors as these goodwill ambassadors. The same thing is happening with Robert Beltran. He's been added to next year's Star Trek Cruise (Which is celebrating Voyager's anniversary) and you'd think they just added Charles Manson with the way some people have responded to it.
I'm not going to let whether I disagree with an actor on politics determine how much I enjoy their performance in a favorite show. Or whether I buy the toy.

Agreed. I've got daughters at two different universities right now, and...well, people really are going nuts over this on every side.
I just wish we'd stop holding actors as these goodwill ambassadors. The same thing is happening with Robert Beltran. He's been added to next year's Star Trek Cruise (Which is celebrating Voyager's anniversary) and you'd think they just added Charles Manson with the way some people have responded to it.
I'm not going to let whether I disagree with an actor on politics determine how much I enjoy their performance in a favorite show. Or whether I buy the toy.
What’s going on with Beltran, same situation as Mount?

What’s going on with Beltran, same situation as Mount?

Not exactly. More like, he's openly pretty conservative. And he's said some things off the cuff that have been misconstrued or taken out of context.
Not as far off the deep end as Dwight Schultz (Barclay), but right-wing enough to ruffle a lot of feathers.

Not exactly. More like, he's openly pretty conservative. And he's said some things off the cuff that have been misconstrued or taken out of context.
Not as far off the deep end as Dwight Schultz (Barclay), but right-wing enough to ruffle a lot of feathers.
What’s considered conservative these days used to be considered common sense (with some exceptions of course, there’s a fringe element on either side of the spectrum).

There’s a mentality with these professional “activists” who are just looking for any excuse to be outraged. They are usually lost in life and will jump on any bandwagon for a sense of purpose and have zero interest in debate and finding common ground.

They are not fans, one universal theme that the franchise has conveyed is to be open minded.

Agreed. Regardless of what side you fall, this movement right now to go around canceling actors if they're not sufficiently "pro-this" or "anti-that" is just incredibly damn silly.

Anyway, I suspect some moderator will wipe away all these comments any second now, so no point in continuing this. 😁

Since we're all about to get deleted anyway, let me simply state this.

There was a time in this country (and others I would assume) that people voted for CANDIDATES and not Parties. Where people listened to each other to share ideas and find common ground, not to only search for new areas for attack. When we would vote for the candidate from Party A when we liked more of his/her ideas, and then the next time around just as enthusiastically vote for the candidate from Party 1 when his/her ideas were more in line with what we thought would be the best approach in that particular time.

But that was when our political parties weren't caricatures of themselves each competing to move furthest to the EXTREME Left and the WACKY Right. I have some ideas on how we got here, but that is irrelevant. How/If we can get ourselves OUT of this idiocy has now risen to an existential crisis for the country and perhaps the world.

Good Luck to us all.....

Since we're all about to get deleted anyway, let me simply state this.

There was a time in this country (and others I would assume) that people voted for CANDIDATES and not Parties. Where people listened to each other to share ideas and find common ground, not to only search for new areas for attack. When we would vote for the candidate from Party A when we liked more of his/her ideas, and then the next time around just as enthusiastically vote for the candidate from Party 1 when his/her ideas were more in line with what we thought would be the best approach in that particular time.

But that was when our political parties weren't caricatures of themselves each competing to move furthest to the EXTREME Left and the WACKY Right. I have some ideas on how we got here, but that is irrelevant. How/If we can get ourselves OUT of this idiocy has now risen to an existential crisis for the country and perhaps the world.

Good Luck to us all.....
I realized all hope was lost when I saw there was a burgeoning movement to "black out" influencers on Instagram, TikTok, etc, and I thought "Finally! People are realizing how vapid and wasteful that junk is!"
Then I saw it was mostly aimed at "Blacking out" celebs and the like who did not support certain pet causes.
I weep for the future.

From (sigh) "Buzzfeed"

There's a new movement on social media, "Blockout 2024," in response to celebrities' views (or lack thereof) on Palestine.

Back