Endoskeleton...repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used Alclad gloss black but i guess you can use any other laquer/enamel too..i tried a spray can gloss black on a spare hand that it came with and it works fine...but decided to use the Alclad cause I never really wanted to mix paint brands...I'm used to using Tamiya Acrylics and tried it too but never liked the end results...

the Alclad chrome/gloss black combo yields the best result..

Rob

Good to know. You did a great job prepping the plastic and applying the base, that chrome looks really smooth.

I think you may have convinced me to do the same to one of my HT endo's (BD). It would allow me to clean up the mold parting lines and other manufacturing marks along with having the finish it should have had from the start. Problem is a lack of sealer will leave the finish vulnerable to degradation from handling.

Decisions, decisions.:D

Mike

Good to know. You did a great job prepping the plastic and applying the base, that chrome looks really smooth.

I think you may have convinced me to do the same to one of my HT endo's (BD). It would allow me to clean up the mold parting lines and other manufacturing marks along with having the finish it should have had from the start. Problem is a lack of sealer will leave the finish vulnerable to degradation from handling.

Decisions, decisions.:D

Mike

wish I had the HT endos for this project..I would have spend more time detailing it...I did hit some of the seamlines but I left a lot of it alone...waiting for another Neca endo so I can start on the diorama..

Rob

very nice!
Don't you mean:

BoratThumbsUPVeryNICE.jpg

thanks for the props guys...I preordered the HT T-700..hopefully, I can smooth it out and paint it like the T-800's..

one request though...does anybody have good pics of the endo arm in 1/1 scale ? I need to figure out the wiring so I can add it to my project..

thanks again,

Rob

Need your help guys. I'm looking to buy a bag of skulls to customize the base for my HT Endo. I know I have seen it on eBay before, but I can't find it now. Anyone know where I can find them? I need about 4 or 5 of them. Thanks.

Can you believe this?!?!? r5150s not only made a chromed HT 12" and NECA 18" for me (via a trade), but he sent me his (this one) 18" chromed one as well. His for free! Pictures tomorrow! I have one original 18" NECA Endo, and two chromed ones. I have the original HT 12" Endo and will place him next to the chromed one. Very, very cool! Rob's talent is amazing! Thanks buddy!

That looks amazing, I have always wanted a Endo like that. I wish HT would make one like that, all shiny and stuff.

Just because it may be of interest, I saved this picture of a disassembled Neca from somewhere.

I just removed the arm from one that had a missing piece already. It can really be broken down into many more pieces. The size of it is almost a perfect match for the 1:4 SS Endo! I may just have to make a couple 1:4 Endoarm pieces. :)

This looks really great! Does anyone have or could make a stand for the NECA 18" figure?

It fits nicely on the 1:4 scale Terminator Endo from Sideshow. :) I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a base/stand for it.

Can you believe this?!?!? r5150s not only made a chromed HT 12" and NECA 18" for me (via a trade), but he sent me his (this one) 18" chromed one as well. His for free! Pictures tomorrow! I have one original 18" NECA Endo, and two chromed ones. I have the original HT 12" Endo and will place him next to the chromed one. Very, very cool! Rob's talent is amazing! Thanks buddy!

you're most welcome Richard :D

everybody hava a great 4th !

I'm of to go halibut and salmon fishing :naughty

Rob

Very talented, I was just browsing and I am truly amazed at how the finish came out! I recently received my Endoskeleton finally this week and would pay to have it look like this! The neck is having a bit of trouble I think when it was assembled they mounted it slightly to the side so the T-800 cannot turn his head to the right. Is it possible to remove the head by pulling it or some other way? I am nervous to damage it.

Back