DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks alot to PapitoMX for the emial. :)

Just realised how much I actually put into this. :google

If this were anyone else I'd of been frustrated a long time before now but I spoke to Josh through pms and on the board several times whilst my stuff was with him and he really is a decent guy and I do belive he is trying to sort this regardless of how crappy this situation is. More communication could help definitely though and I think this paying for postage thing could probably work if we worked it out with Josh properly , it's all up to him though I suppose.

Maybe if one of us who Josh knows and trusts went down there for a weekend to visit and help him put at least some of these "orders" behind him? For example... the ones that are supposedly already done could be packaged and shipped out by whoever it is helping.

I think this has more to do with Josh just being overwhelmed with the huge piece he bit off to chew and also being burned out than it does him being dishonest or anything like that.

I personally feel that part of the problem is we have all been too lenient with Josh with no results on his part.

We keep saying, it's okay...take your time. But enough is enough and it has gotten to the point where we need to see some kind of results and effort on his part to do the right thing. It has been months and months of empty promises.

I would be willing to give him a little wiggle room if people were actually receiving things - but that has yet to happen.

Jen hit the nail on the head.

Maybe banning isn't the right thing,I see where you all are coming from, but to keep doing what you all are doing is clearly not right either as it produced zero results. To keep pitying him is to encourage his behavior. He comes back and acts like a fallen god, changing his sigs and saying he's going to throw in the towel, he needs to see that there are consequences for contiuing that behavior, thats what I'm really getting at.

Honestly there should be no need for this thread because, there is nothing being recieved, and because he already has the addresses of whos owed what. This is only serving as grounds for harsher comments then ours right now, rather then for updates, thats the big problem. These negative threads are poison to the community turning friends against each other. The best thing to do is lock this up and let Josh post real updates when that time comes.

Jen hit the nail on the head.

Maybe banning isn't the right thing,I see where you all are coming from, but to keep doing what you all are doing is clearly not right either as it produced zero results. To keep pitying him is to encourage his behavior. He comes back and acts like a fallen god, changing his sigs and saying he's going to throw in the towel, he needs to see that there are consequences for contiuing that behavior, thats what I'm really getting at.

Honestly there should be no need for this thread because, there is nothing being recieved, and because he already has the addresses of whos owed what. This is only serving as grounds for harsher comments then ours right now, rather then for updates, thats the big problem.

A much as I agree I kind of like this thread being here. Makes me feel like I'm not the only one waiting as crazy as that sounds.

There is no doubt Josh could use the help, but will he be willing to accept it? I know sometimes it's hard to swallow your pride and take in help, but this may be just a good idea. Sort of what Sovereign Studios did when he got overwhelmed and look where he is at now.

Maybe if one of us who Josh knows and trusts went down there for a weekend to visit and help him put at least some of these "orders" behind him? For example... the ones that are supposedly already done could be packaged and shipped out by whoever it is helping.

I think this has more to do with Josh just being overwhelmed with the huge piece he bit off to chew and also being burned out than it does him being dishonest or anything like that.

I think Josh would admit he's past the point of having to swallow any pride. I see NO reason why he'd refuse the help.

You know what at the end of the day you keep defending the indefensible, makes no odds to me its your money!!!

let me ask you a question. is josh not completing orders any different from you not paying others for work they've done for you? like i already said, i'm not defending josh. my post wasn't about him. god knows he needs to produce results, and fast. my problem is with undeserved holier than thou attitudes. all of the crap in this thread is because of a comment you hastily posted without a single previous post on this thread. a seller not producing results when customers have paid for it is exactly the same as a customer not paying when commissioned work is already underway. i'm not defending the indefensible. i'm trying to appeal to the hypocritical. equally tough. he who is free of sin and all that jazz.

A much as I agree I kind of like this thread being here. Makes me feel like I'm not the only one waiting as crazy as that sounds.

No I understand what you mean, as angry as I am with Shawn and his shady buissness practices of continuing to sell or make new products, he has shown he is, albeit slowly, clearing out his backlog. That makes me feel at least I have some chance of getting what I bought.

But this IS differant. No progress at all has been made. He needs to really get anything done to prove he's not just talk at this point. A friend helping him ship would be a great idea and a more reliable person to send more money for the shipping process. I'd happily go and box them up and take them to the post office if I were in state just to help out others here.

Another good first step would be simply returning unfinished items people have requested back. This community is awesome in were very quick to forgive, but the problem is were not forgiving here so much as showing empathy and it's showing him no consequence but that your willing to continue to tolerate the same behavior.

Josh is not the only person bad things happen to, and harsh it sounds to some of you, what I think he needs is a good kick in the ass to wake him up and get him motivated, not more sympathy.

Last edited:
I don't think locking the thread is a good idea unless we have a list of some sort that he needs to update, if not there will be no venue for people to ask about their orders. If some are forgotten then they'll just end up being screwed over.

So I'm all for locking the thread, only after a comprehensive public list of orders is made. If no one wants the list, that's fine but the thread shouldn't be locked then.

There's no sense going round and round on he should do this or that blah blah blah.

Josh is a grown man capable of dealing with this himself, not saying someone couldn't help him, just saying he should know enough to seek help if it's needed and it's not necessary for this site to be listing off how he should handle himself.

Bottom line, results of some form are need:

- Photos of work in progress.
- Completed works shipped to customer.
- Incomplete works returned to customer.

However that happens, taking shipping money the customers to send back the stuff or whatever, some indication of resolution coming for people needs to happen.

There's no sense going round and round on he should do this or that blah blah blah.

Josh is a grown man capable of dealing with this himself, not saying someone couldn't help him, just saying he should know enough to seek help if it's needed and it's not necessary for this site to be listing off how he should handle himself.

Bottom line, results of some form are need:

- Photos of work in progress.
- Completed works shipped to customer.
- Incomplete works returned to customer.

However that happens, taking shipping money the customers to send back the stuff or whatever, some indication of resolution coming for people needs to happen.

Those are the things that are not going to happen without someone helping Josh... it's beyond obvious at this point.

let me ask you a question. is josh not completing orders any different from you not paying others for work they've done for you? like i already said, i'm not defending josh. my post wasn't about him. god knows he needs to produce results, and fast. my problem is with undeserved holier than thou attitudes. all of the crap in this thread is because of a comment you hastily posted without a single previous post on this thread. a seller not producing results when customers have paid for it is exactly the same as a customer not paying when commissioned work is already underway. i'm not defending the indefensible. i'm trying to appeal to the hypocritical. equally tough. he who is free of sin and all that jazz.

I have never not paid for any work i have commissioned, when its complete i pay simple as that!

I would like to know what evidence you have for completed commissioned work i have not paid for?

Those are the things that are not going to happen without someone helping Josh... it's beyond obvious at this point.

They're not beyond him, how hard is one photo or one shipped box to accomplish? Even that is something more than he's left people with right now, at the moment, there is nothing happening to leave people thinking this will all get taken care of.

The customers are starving, he doesn't need to give them a full course meal right now, even a cracker would be something. That's the big concern going on here, time is going by without a single thing to think this is going to get fixed, even the smallest gesture could at least provide a little more assurance that things will work out, but at the moment everyone's left in the dark.

I have never not paid for any work i have commissioned, when its complete i pay simple as that!

I would like to know what evidence you have for completed commissioned work i have not paid for?

OK Manji - you said a few posts back that was your last post in this thread. This discussion should be taken to PM as it has NOTHING to do with Josh and this current situation.

OK Manji - you said a few posts back that was your last post in this thread. This discussion should be taken to PM as it has NOTHING to do with Josh and this current situation.

I totally agree and i welcome eighths pm

I apologise

I'm not saying this to start a flame bomb on Josh about how he's spending his time or anything, but rather as another possible means of communication, but he's online with his xbox360 account almost everyday. If you have one, plug in your mic send him a chat or party invite and talk to him person to person.

edit: I know it may seem odd, but at this point, any means of communication is an option.

They're not beyond him, how hard is one photo or one shipped box to accomplish? Even that is something more than he's left people with right now, at the moment, there is nothing happening to leave people thinking this will all get taken care of.

The customers are starving, he doesn't need to give them a full course meal right now, even a cracker would be something. That's the big concern going on here, time is going by without a single thing to think this is going to get fixed, even the smallest gesture could at least provide a little more assurance that things will work out, but at the moment everyone's left in the dark.

Don't be naive, Sean. How long does everyone need to keep spinning their wheels?? When you're in a situation that is obviously not moving forward, the only solution is a catalyst of some sort.

Don't be naive, Sean. How long does everyone need to keep spinning their wheels?? When you're in a situation that is obviously not moving forward, the only solution is a catalyst of some sort.

If this is true

I'm not saying this to start a flame bomb on Josh about how he's spending his time or anything, but rather as another possible means of communication, but he's online with his xbox360 account almost everyday. If you have one, plug in your mic send him a chat or party invite and talk to him person to person.

edit: I know it may seem odd, but at this point, any means of communication is an option.

How hard is it to put the control down for a few minutes and snap a picture or box up a figure and drop it off at the mail. And I mean just one, a single one in all this time. And if he is incapable of doing that because of his circumstances, then get on here, say it, lose the pride and ask for help.

People are being held up in this thread and they need to be worked with some way, this can't be sat on infinitely. And I'm not even getting into whether Josh is or isn't doing anything about this situation, but the people need some sign of resolution coming.

If this is true

How hard is it to put the control down for a few minutes and snap a picture or box up a figure and drop it off at the mail. And I mean just one, a single one in all this time. And if he is incapable of doing that because of his circumstances, then get on here, say it, lose the pride and ask for help.

People are being held up in this thread and they need to be worked with some way, this can't be sat on infinitely. And I'm not even getting into whether Josh is or isn't doing anything about this situation, but the people need some sign of resolution coming.

That's why I was unsure I should say anything or not. I don't pretend to know how Josh is spending his time and I don't want to start another debate about the guy. I just know I see him online almost every day playing a game or watching Netflix or something, and there's nothing wrong with that if he's working on the backlog as well. But I thought it would be helpful if any other members here have an account to know this so that they can actually talk to him man to man as another means of communication if their emails and pms are going unanswered.

I can't and won't answer for Josh. Nor am I judging him. At all. I still like the guy, know he's a good person, and consider him a friend. I'm just saying that nothing is happening, and won't happen, unless he's guided somehow.

You know how I know this? From experience. Though it has nothing it all to do with collectibles or other peoples' money or anything of the sort, I was once in a situation of my own doing that was impossible to crawl out of even at all until someone stepped in and showed me the way. I think each of us can probably relate to that in some way. We've all created our own albatrosses (no matter how big or how trivial/small) that we needed help to move on from.

You cannot hold back the dawn. Unless something is done at some point, this will haunt Josh for an infinite amount of time. Even if everyone else forgets all about it, it will eat at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back