Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Avengers Cap has a rubber suit then WWII Cap will be my only Cap. No rubber HTs for me.

I feel bad for all the people with rotten Batman and Comedian figures but I really adore the small cult that refuses to believe in rubber deterioration and thinks everyone else is lying/crazy/keeps their figures in the oven, like Teddy Duchamp's dad.

The suit in the avengers movie is not rubber. Its a fabric of some kind. You can see the stitching

If Avengers Cap has a rubber suit then WWII Cap will be my only Cap. No rubber HTs for me.

I feel bad for all the people with rotten Batman and Comedian figures but I really adore the small cult that refuses to believe in rubber deterioration and thinks everyone else is lying/crazy/keeps their figures in the oven, like Teddy Duchamp's dad.

+10 for the SBM reference, Yo.

I feel like there's some time bomb about to go off in my collection, tbh... I'd just hate to sell my Batman and Hellboy figures. :(

The suit in the avengers movie is not rubber. Its a fabric of some kind. You can see the stitching

I believe that, but I also think that HT would be best served to just make that outfit in rubber. It appears far too form fitting to pull off with fabric in 1/6th scale... That's just my opinion and not more than a guess, of course.

I believe that, but I also think that HT would be best served to just make that outfit in rubber. It appears far too form fitting to pull off with fabric in 1/6th scale... That's just my opinion and not more than a guess, of course.

If that were the case the Spidey HT would be rubber suited. It's not. It's spandex. Also, black widow is a stretch fabric not rubber.

If that were the case the Spidey HT would be rubber suited. It's not. It's spandex. Also, black widow is a stretch fabric not rubber.

Well, we'll see. I'm not hoping it's rubber, nor am I saying it will be. All I'm trying to say is that there is the possibility that they do make it in rubber, which makes the CA:FA version all the more attractive.

:lol Who knows?? :lol

On a bit of a side note it looks as if the Avengers Cap outfit would be best suited for HTs famous rubber treatment.... In my eyes that makes the Captain America movie version all the more awesome.... Screw rubber! :lecture

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol :lol :lol :rotfl:lol @ Flosi & Jye!

I was just wondering why everyone was using spoiler tags when just about everyone and their dog has seen Cap. :lol

Yes, 10 point to Mr. Thom Riddle of Slytherin!

+10 for the SBM reference, Yo.

I feel like there's some time bomb about to go off in my collection, tbh... I'd just hate to sell my Batman and Hellboy figures. :(

Chopper...sick balls.

Me and my son saw this today, we both loved it. My favorite movie of the summer!

8/10

Right up there with Spider-Man 1 and 2 (Maguire), and the first Iron Man for me.

The Avengers is going to rock!

So many good movies next year: Avengers, TDKR, The Hobbit. :rock

For me, Cap edged out Thor just a bit. Thor's transformation seemed a bit rushed, fitting into a couple of days. Cap had good pacing although the Skull's scenes seemed to need more fleshing out. Hopefully there will be a directors cut or Extended edition.

Spoiler Spoiler:

dude, i said the exact same thing. i was not expecting to see that in a comic book movie. it was awesome.

Looney, Looney, Looney!

I love that movie. It's got everything and Lloyd Dobbler.

Lardass, Lardass, Lardass. :lol Everything could use more Cusack.

____ rubber suits.

Post reported. :panic: That sounds like Dark Knight blasphemy!!!

Thor was good. Captain America was great. That's how I call it.

I don't know yet, I've seen Thor twice and need to see Cap again before I call it. They are neck and neck.

dude, i said the exact same thing. i was not expecting to see that in a comic book movie. it was awesome.

I was shocked more people weren't losing it in the theater when that happened.

Back