Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it opened outside the US the same week it did here, but according to Box Office Mojo, it only took in 2,800,000 Foriegn so far. That seems horrible. I guess the fears of an American icon in foriegn theaters doing poorly may come true. Hope that doesn't make the producers change directions on Cap.

I don't know if it opened outside the US the same week it did here, but according to Box Office Mojo, it only took in 2,800,000 Foriegn so far. That seems horrible. I guess the fears of an American icon in foriegn theaters doing poorly may come true. Hope that doesn't make the producers change directions on Cap.

The film had only ONE foreign release territory; Italy. Give it time.

I miss the days when studios could care less weather or not a film translated well to foreign markets, and just made a good movie for americans.

I miss the days when studios could care less weather or not a film translated well to foreign markets, and just made a good movie for americans.
I agree. I haven't seen GI Joe but have heard they changed the gist of what GI Joe was, so it would appeal to a world audience. What they did in Superman was a damn shame. Truth, justice, and all that other stuff. And I guess now Supe is denouncing the US in the comics? Damn shame. That's why I hope Captain America doesn't get the same treatment.

I'm from Argentina and we are anxious to see Steve kicking some hydra butts! The movie opens this thursday and and a lot of cinemas are sold out by now!

I'm from Argentina and we are anxious to see Steve kicking some hydra butts! The movie opens this thursday and and a lot of cinemas are sold out by now!

:rock I would hope that the rest of the world can enjoy Cap the way we Americans do for James Bond, Harry Potter, and Nacho Libre.

Last edited:
Nice!! I'll take Dad to see it and I've got a free movie ticket to see it as well.

Right on! :yess:

I agree, BO comparisons should stop.

cough Cap > HP cough

:lol

:lol :lol :lol

:rock I would hope that the rest of the world can enjoy Cap the way we Americans do for James Bond, Harry Potter, and Nacho Libre.

:exactly: Absolutely!

I just got back from seeing it, and man was it awesome!:clap:hi5:

:hi5:

Glad to hear that you liked it, UT!

I just saw your Donald Duck gif in the BW thread, I was laughing my collecting ass off! :rotfl

One of your best :hi5:

Thank you, thank you!
bow.gif

BTW...it's Daffy not Donald. :lol

:lol :lol :lol I love that GIF! :D

Back