Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cap style looks like a US Fiield (aka Patrol) cap.
Frost, Drake and Gorman had the field caps (either OG507 or OG106, impossible to say which as they are cut identical, but are made with different material).

On the Sulaco Apone, Hudson and Ski all had generic Black snap back trucker hats with the Sulaco patch. Apone modified his a bit to have a pronounced peak by tucking down the area behind the patch, but it was just a plain hat. Some have speculator a quicksilver logo can be spotted in one frame, but when it comes to black snap back trucker hats, I don't think you need to get quite that specific.

Is there anywhere one could purchase the 1/6 armor parts / rifles to custom build a Colonial Space Marine figure? Been really interested for a long time but could never find one...

Is there anywhere one could purchase the 1/6 armor parts / rifles to custom build a Colonial Space Marine figure? Been really interested for a long time but could never find one...
You could try asking Michael if he can do a 1:6 scale version of his Marine armour

Or asking this guy if he could scale his PR model up

There's a few 1:6 scale PR models on Shapeways (but that's not cheap) - Chez Mati and PaulElderDesign for eg.

Hi kam veitch I have the unpainted head from Snyderman - I just used that pic as reference of what he could look like once painted really nicely. Happy to credit Carlos or remove the pic if you prefer : )

Yesterday I watched the 4K new transfer of Aliens. Wow.I loved it.
IMG_20240512_180019.jpg

IMG_20240512_180117.jpg

Last edited:
Such an unprecedented & unparalleled film.

To me, just like the SW OT, it is no longer a movie. The story & Biology involved don't stand the most superficial analysis from an adult perspective (more so with SW, which is just non-sensical & for the kicks of it). To me, these movies are statements on how well things can be done. In a way, they are Kubrick-level of seriousness.

As a child back in the 80s, seeing all those wonders on the silver screens one after the other, I got great expectations for the future of Sci-Fi. Poor silly child. These days, nobody takes cinema that seriously these days. Hot-shots like Villeneuve or Abrams are dull to just ridiculous. The LOTR trilogy, watered-down as it was, is considered SHEER PERFECTION these days. On the money side, Hollywood is a spent force run by committees & algorithms that just won't recover. On the art side, artists and craftspeople only care about getting diploms, paying their mortgages & being happy, dull and forgettable. And let's not even get started about Europe's cinema industry.....

Must confess I haven't seen Strange Days, but since as long as True Lies, Cameron is just the shadow of what he got to be when he was a hungry young filemaker. Money and fame really screw good creators up. Titanic was silly at moments, the Avatars were irrelevant at most.... Good tiny details here & there, but as it happened to Ridley & George (the other 2 most noteworthy examples of this Demise of Creativity that started in the 90s and continues until today), all that they have done since the 80s is perfectly forgettable if not offensively bad (Prometheus & Covenant come to mind). No more T1/T2, no more The Abyss. No more creativity that is challenging to both creators and the public.

Concerning your new bluray, using AI to invent details & add them to the movie is NOT improving its image quality. They sell the AI part because it is hot right now, but in 10 years time, people might be aware of what is already obvious to some: it is all fake, unreal, just one big delusion. Have they even bothered to take the negatives, clean them, scan them @ 8K, then colorgrade that? Why haven't they redone the dated FX? Nope. AI, baby. That's best.

Sorry for the rant. Couldn't help myself.

Where does Drake store his dagger? I packed up my figures for a move and it fell off him and now I can't find anywhere for it to go! Thanks!

Such an unprecedented & unparalleled film.

To me, just like the SW OT, it is no longer a movie. The story & Biology involved don't stand the most superficial analysis from an adult perspective (more so with SW, which is just non-sensical & for the kicks of it). To me, these movies are statements on how well things can be done. In a way, they are Kubrick-level of seriousness.

As a child back in the 80s, seeing all those wonders on the silver screens one after the other, I got great expectations for the future of Sci-Fi. Poor silly child. These days, nobody takes cinema that seriously these days. Hot-shots like Villeneuve or Abrams are dull to just ridiculous. The LOTR trilogy, watered-down as it was, is considered SHEER PERFECTION these days. On the money side, Hollywood is a spent force run by committees & algorithms that just won't recover. On the art side, artists and craftspeople only care about getting diploms, paying their mortgages & being happy, dull and forgettable. And let's not even get started about Europe's cinema industry.....

Must confess I haven't seen Strange Days, but since as long as True Lies, Cameron is just the shadow of what he got to be when he was a hungry young filemaker. Money and fame really screw good creators up. Titanic was silly at moments, the Avatars were irrelevant at most.... Good tiny details here & there, but as it happened to Ridley & George (the other 2 most noteworthy examples of this Demise of Creativity that started in the 90s and continues until today), all that they have done since the 80s is perfectly forgettable if not offensively bad (Prometheus & Covenant come to mind). No more T1/T2, no more The Abyss. No more creativity that is challenging to both creators and the public.

Concerning your new bluray, using AI to invent details & add them to the movie is NOT improving its image quality. They sell the AI part because it is hot right now, but in 10 years time, people might be aware of what is already obvious to some: it is all fake, unreal, just one big delusion. Have they even bothered to take the negatives, clean them, scan them @ 8K, then colorgrade that? Why haven't they redone the dated FX? Nope. AI, baby. That's best.

Sorry for the rant. Couldn't help myself.

Things have changed for the worst. I gotta admit that.

I respect your opinion, but lets just agree to disagree. This ultrahd-4k release made me see things and more details in the movie that could not see due to the grain and negative used in the 80s, its a new movie experience, some of us see it as I said, a new experience, others as a blasphemy. If I want to have the old and original image I can always use my old blu ray release. I think that a 4k in 2160 of the original without removing the film grain would not have been very different from a 1080 one in terms of resolution. They could have offered another disc with a 4K conversion and all the grain to make everyone happy?

Last edited:
You are drawing pleasure of a fake. All that detail is not what actually was there.
You are accepting a lie and being oblivious of the fundamental truth: what was not shot, can't be recovered. Can be reinvented with AI, but what you see is a big fat visual lie for people in The Matrix to purchase the movie. Again.

I would buy Aliens 2.0 with contemporary FX (No balls for that! Eh, Jim?), but not something that is but a silly dirty trick for fanpeople to shell out more cash on a otherwise creatively bankrupted franchise (in the creatively bankrupted ecosystem that is today's global movie industry).

They screwed up big time w/ the film stock they chose. That's what it is, and there is no fixing it w/ any AI ever. What is lost, is lost for good. And it is not an era-related problem, since movies from the 70s (Godfather or SW OT come to mind) were already way sharper than Aliens. Sharp stock was there for them to choose, only they didn't choose it. Ironically enough, Predator suffers from the same illness at moments, even to much more extent.

AI is not fixing anything. It is just adding stuff from other movies at a pixel level. Nothing more, nothing else. What you wonder at, are nothing bu a nice pair of fake boobs. Those pores you think you pick up on Weaver's skin, are not hers. It is just like CGI make-up.

You should not get too carried away by this kind of conceptual trickery, really. Negative clean-up, hires remastering from original movie elements via contemporary tech, new universe-revealing FX, more deleted scenes properly restored...... that is the kind of creative & bold stuff we should be asking for. Not just a lazy AI filtering of what was already there.
That is a just a silly cash-grab.

Back