Best 1/6 JEDI LUKE sculpt/re-sculpt?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be willing to take a look at it if anyone had a Sideshow Luke head they would be willing to let me borrow ?

I have one I can send you, just please send it back to me when your done. PM me address and I'll send it to you. I really would love to see this get done.

Last edited:
I have one I can send you, just please send it back to me when your done. PM me address and I'll send it to you. I really would love to see this get done.

Some here Paul. If you need any funds for materials let me know. I can help out a bit.

I never quite understand why every one thinks the Jedi Luke head is oversized..
epvi.jpg

2104JediLuke.jpg

alright, so it's a *bit* too big, but certainly not terrible, nor huge..

wouldn't casting the jedi luke sculpt be a good idea? Ive got one if some one would cast it.. Because ive been told theres a 5 % shrinkage when you cast a sculpt..

Very interested to seeing what comes of this. I've always hated the deer in the headlights look myself.

Anyone able to cast the Jedi Luke head might work, sculpts tend to shrink when cast if Im not mistaken :)

not unless it is cast incorrectly... using silicone rubber molds and casting resin will generally give you an exact 3-dimensional replica of the item being cast, unless you use some sort of shrinking agent on the silicone mold, don't know if that's possible... I mean maybe if you had some sort of "Leprechaun juice" or something... :dunno

I'm sure there are some materials that could be used that would shrink, but they'd probably be something other than silicone/resin (that's what I use, no shrinkage as far as I know or can tell)

not unless it is cast incorrectly... using silicone rubber molds and casting resin will generally give you an exact 3-dimensional replica of the item being cast, unless you use some sort of shrinking agent on the silicone mold, don't know if that's possible... I mean maybe if you had some sort of "Leprechaun juice" or something... :dunno

I'm sure there are some materials that could be used that would shrink, but they'd probably be something other than silicone/resin (that's what I use, no shrinkage as far as I know or can tell)

polyester resin when the ratio's are altered will produce some shrinkage...10-15%

Hell I will give it a go. The shrinkage can be a pain sometimes but I thinks this will work to our advantage.

Just waiting to get some more silicon then we will see.

mark

Back