Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2

I ****ing love Rorschach. And he was translated perfectly to screen.
I guess the point is with characters like Supes, why bother trying to "make them real" the more realistic they become the more they begin to crumble.

I would like to see Lex Luthor in the sequel, mabey he gets ahold of pieces of Zods suit and kryptonian tech to engineer his battle suit from the comics. Mabey Braniac comes into play and the 2 work together but doublecross eachother and in the end its everyman for himself!

Darkseid is a great villian reserved for a JLA Movie.

Yeah, the unrealistic thing about Batman has never been the superhero conceit (afterall, he's a man without any super powers). Instead, what makes him unrealistic is the psychological aspects of the character. Someone that fractured and that driven simply would not be able to function in society. He couldn't even fake it. To whit, he'd basically be a lot more like Rorschach.

I wouldn't limit it to just the psychological aspect. Boiling it down to it's simplest components: He's a billionaire orphan, with anger issues, who mastered every form of martial arts, has an IQ that probably can't be measured(yet doesn't suffer from any side effects of possessing such an IQ), dresses like a flying rodent, beats the hell out of a clown ,a burn victim, a midget with an umbrella fetish, and occasionally dates a terrorists hot daughter, a goddess, or the crazy cat lady who steals stuff. The premise alone is pretty silly, and i'm a huge Batfan.

I wouldn't limit it to just the psychological aspect. Boiling it down to it's simplest components: He's a billionaire orphan, with anger issues, who mastered every form of martial arts, has an IQ that probably can't be measured(yet doesn't suffer from any side effects of possessing such an IQ), dresses like a flying rodent, beats the hell out of a clown ,a burn victim, a midget with an umbrella fetish, and occasionally dates a terrorists hot daughter, a goddess, or the crazy cat lady who steals stuff. The premise alone is pretty silly, and i'm a huge Batfan.

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that the base psychological aspects of the character are also fantastical.

And I too love Batman.

There is nothing wrong with these characters not being realistic. They are our modern mythological heroes. They teach us things and inspire us through allegory, not by adapting to our world. This has been an important aspect of human culture since the dawn of time.

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that the base psychological aspects of the character are also fantastical.

And I too love Batman.

There is nothing wrong with these characters not being realistic. They are our modern mythological heroes. They teach us things and inspire us through allegory, not by adapting to our world. This has been an important aspect of human culture since the dawn of time.

I couldn't agree more. The fact that these charaters are not apart of our everyday existence, is what makes them exciting. I love reading Batman comics. i don't need them grounded in my reality. Just stay true to their reality. MoS did that. i loved the Science Fiction aspects of the film. Who cares if any of it is possible.

What if they hold off the lois and clark relationship because they know wonder woman and him would be interesting for justice league. More drama anyway

I ****ing love Rorschach. And he was translated perfectly to screen.

I always wanted the guy who played Rorschach to be cast as Carnage. But nowadays, they would never cast like that; we'd get Jay-Z or maybe Robert Pattinson cast as Carnage. Casting against type ftw! *headdesk*

Im hoping, unrealistically that Kevin Space comes back to play Lex again!

Goyer needs to go. His writing made MOS and TDKR far less than they should have been.

Everything else is awesome.

Like snorting Drano out of the asscrack of the custom section on a hot summer day.

:exactly:
Don't see it happening, but I would love to see them continue without him.

What if they hold off the lois and clark relationship because they know wonder woman and him would be interesting for justice league. More drama anyway

Nah, Clark has always been a one woman kinda guy. Supes on the other hand.

:monkey1

Don't forget David S. Goyer was responsible for Blade 3, which so many people hate.

Why does this guy keep getting these jobs?

I want a Supergirl movie, just to see a babe rock that skirt and boots again!

If not, no dice. Skirts and knee high boots for the win!

Goyer needs to go. His writing made MOS and TDKR far less than they should have been.

Everything else is awesome.

Like snorting Drano out of the asscrack of the custom section on a hot summer day.

Goyer isn't entirely to blame for MOS. I hold Snyder responsible too. Scenes that should have had emotional impact (Kal's mother and Clark's mother) were devoid of it. It is the director's responsibility to manage the nuances of timing, pace, and even get actor's in line to perform properly.

I know..... let's get Lindelof on board!

*stabs own hand repeatedly with a fork, at the mere idea*

JUST KIDDING I don't want Lindelof within a metropolitan mile of MoS, ever. Or any franchise I care about.

Goyer isn't entirely to blame for MOS. I hold Snyder responsible too. Scenes that should have had emotional impact (Kal's mother and Clark's mother) were devoid of it. It is the director's responsibility to manage the nuances of timing, pace, and even get actor's in line to perform properly.

To you.

Kal's mother shown in her brief scenes for me

Back