1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Since the backstage pics, there hasn't been new info, right?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Nothing like as long.Tumbler debuted on 24th May 2008 and first deliveries were on 20th June 2009.

Yeah I am not talking about the difference between the date they first revealed that they are working on it and the date it was released. (24 May 2008 - mid-June 2009)

I mean the difference/delay between initial public release date they listed for it and the date it actually was physically available from dealers. In the case of the 89 Batmobile, it's "supposed" to be out in May 2013. Just trying to estimate, based on the first Tumbler's release delay, how long that delay might be.

Since the backstage pics, there hasn't been new info, right?

Zilch. Some pics from fans at shows and in HT's store, but nothing new or significant.

Still trying to find out how far off that was from the date HT said it would be available.

Hot Toys - MMS 69 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Batmobile collectible

Special feature:
l Authentically detailed 1/6th scale model car
l Prefect scale to Hot Toys’ 1/6th scale Batman ( the original costume)collectible figure
l Headlights light up function
l Cockpit /roof opening panel - slides up and down gives the 1/6th scale Batman access
l Movable breaking flaps
l Made of plastic

Release date: Q4, 2008

FOR SALE IN HONG KONG & JAPAN ONLY

So October/November/December of 2008.

Since specs/pics, it took exactly a year for it to be released.

Ah Thanks, DiFabio. So they said it would be out by Dec 08, and the first in-hand pics started popping up from HK customers in June 09. Sigh....that is a six month window between advertised and actual release date!

1989 Batmobile....see you in November. :(

Ah Thanks, DiFabio. So they said it would be out by Dec 08, and the first in-hand pics started popping up from HK customers in June 09. Sigh....that is a six month window between advertised and actual release date!

1989 Batmobile....see you in November. :(

Don't be too hasty!

We don't know yet, maybe Hot Toys thought, "well when we announced the Tumbler, we were 6 months off, we should have known that we couldn't get this out by December of '08" and took that into account for the '89 Batmobile in it's development.

I mean, we ordered this damn thing a YEAR ago. I remember ordering last year and thinking, "maaaaaaaan, March 2013? C'mon!" I could see if they originally had it slated for September of 2012, but no, they had it a full year later. This thing has been in development since, what, early 2011 (where they had a fully built prototype at SDCC)?

We'll see though. I'm going to predict a June release in Asia and a July release/1 shipment with Sideshow.

As soon as people start getting this in Asia and in hand pics come up, you'll get sucked in and buy one. You won't be able to resist.

I have foreseen it.

You'll be the first person to post pics of the T-800 chillin' in there.

I dunno. I used to think size matters not, just buy. However I no longer subscribe to that way of thinking. And this ones even bigger than the Tumbler. I just don't know if I'm enough of a Batman fan to justify the cost and the space. I'd sell my Tumbler if the fiancee wasn't so taken with it. Its the first thing she shows to anyone who visits.

Also I have big plans with the DX13. By big plans I mean I'll be buying a lot of them. I won't have the cash for the 89mobile.

I just ordered a DX 13 (the ex. for the Robert Patrick headsculpt). This is my overall plan as far as Terminators go,

HAVE

- 1 MMS 117 (black shirt) ---------VS------- Pescadero arms T-1000
- 1 MMS 117 (grey shirt w/ endo arm) ---------VS------- Donut head, finger wag

- 1 DX 10 (Black shirt and shades) ---------VS------- Galleria T-1000
- 1 DX 10 (Cyberdyne) ---------VS------- Motorcycle Cop T-1000

DON'T HAVE (Other than the T-1000s, obviously)

- 1 DX 13 (Cyberdyne shootout/SWAT van/Hasta la Vista) ---------VS------- Liquid Metal morph
- 1 DX 13 (Final Battle Damaged look, missing arm) ---------VS------- Steel Mill T-1000 w/ DX 13 rod

I'll probably just buy the extra body, parts, etc. to build up the last DX 13. No need to buy a whole other one.

As far as the Batmobile goes. Which vehicle do you like better? The Tumbler or the Batmobile? Does she like the '89 Batmobile. Sell the Tumbler and replace it with the '89 Batmobile. Once she sees it (especially the front Turbine engine), she'll be impressed and show everyone that visits, guaranteed.

I just ordered a DX 13 (the ex. for the Robert Patrick headsculpt). This is my overall plan as far as Terminators go,

HAVE

- 1 MMS 117 (black shirt) ---------VS------- Pescadero arms T-1000
- 1 MMS 117 (grey shirt w/ endo arm) ---------VS------- Donut head, finger wag

- 1 DX 10 (Black shirt and shades) ---------VS------- Galleria T-1000
- 1 DX 10 (Cyberdyne) ---------VS------- Motorcycle Cop T-1000

DON'T HAVE (Other than the T-1000s, obviously)

- 1 DX 13 (Cyberdyne shootout/SWAT van/Hasta la Vista) ---------VS------- Liquid Metal morph
- 1 DX 13 (Final Battle Damaged look, missing arm) ---------VS------- Steel Mill T-1000 w/ DX 13 rod

I'll probably just buy the extra body, parts, etc. to build up the last DX 13. No need to buy a whole other one.

As far as the Batmobile goes. Which vehicle do you like better? The Tumbler or the Batmobile? Does she like the '89 Batmobile. Sell the Tumbler and replace it with the '89 Batmobile. Once she sees it (especially the front Turbine engine), she'll be impressed and show everyone that visits, guaranteed.

If I were to detail my haves and wants with Terminator I'd be at this post for a lonnnnggg time :lol

On the Batmobiles - I would rather have the 89mobile if any. Your idea intrigues me. Then again I wonder how I'd go about selling the Tumbler, I think international shipping would be pretty much out. And yet selling in just Ireland? I dunno if I'd be successful.

Buy the '89 Batmobile.

Swap out the '89 Batmobile with the Tumbler by putting the Tumbler in the '89 Batmobile box.

Send the seller a complaint that they gave you the wrong Batmobile and you want to return it.

Success.

Buy the '89 Batmobile.

Swap out the '89 Batmobile with the Tumbler by putting the Tumbler in the '89 Batmobile box.

Send the seller a complaint that they gave you the wrong Batmobile and you want to return it.

Success.

A most excellant plan. How can I lose. :yess:

I dunno. I used to think size matters not, just buy. However I no longer subscribe to that way of thinking. And this ones even bigger than the Tumbler. I just don't know if I'm enough of a Batman fan to justify the cost and the space. I'd sell my Tumbler if the fiancee wasn't so taken with it. Its the first thing she shows to anyone who visits.

Also I have big plans with the DX13. By big plans I mean I'll be buying a lot of them. I won't have the cash for the 89mobile.

Right there with you A-Dev. I'm sure more than one of us is torn on this piece due to space and funds. I plan on going through with the order, but I have considered canceling this one.

What are the chances of seeing both this and the 1966 1/6 Batmobile paired up at this years SDCC? :dunno

What are the chances of seeing both this and the 1966 1/6 Batmobile paired up at this years SDCC? :dunno

Kind of like this:

hot+toys+sdcc+(1).jpg

Yes Jim! Just like that mate...awesome pic :yess: Still waiting for the pre order of the 66 Batmobile...

I am probably going to miss out on this one though. I won't have enough room for it after the '89 Batmobile gets here.

I am probably going to miss out on this one though. I won't have enough room for it after the '89 Batmobile gets here.

I dont have enough room for the '89 Batmobile and i'm still getting the '66 Batmobile :slap :rotfl

I dont have enough room for the '89 Batmobile and i'm still getting the '66 Batmobile :slap :rotfl

:lol Well if it makes you feel any better, the '89 Batmobile will be sitting in the box for awhile until I get some displays built. I just have plans to house the '89 Batmobile, the TDK Tumbler and the TDKR Camo Tumbler.

Hi guys do you think the.89 batmobile prototype not curvy and slim enough if compare to real car in the movie?

Not sure about that? Im sure someone who is a little more clued up about movie accuracy in regards to the shape and size of the '89 Batmobile can help...:dunno

:lol Well if it makes you feel any better, the '89 Batmobile will be sitting in the box for awhile until I get some displays built. I just have plans to house the '89 Batmobile, the TDK Tumbler and the TDKR Camo Tumbler.

WOW Jim! All 3 eh...sounds fantastic! It made me chuckle when you said that you will house all 3...sounds like your building an extension! :lol

Back