Aussie Hot Toys "Freight Forwarding" advice, please?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used Popcultcha as well, they are good, but do slug you excessively for the cost of their initial freight expense. Use them at Christmas time and around July new financial year sales to save heaps. Lt Gordon is a great buy at present, they haven't caught on to the prices this is fetching around the world.

Free shipping on items over $100 which pretty much covers......everything.

Sure you could use one of your other options but then your probably the type of guy that waits for 5 cents change at McDonalds... :lol

Seriously, the hassle of receiving something broken from America is not worth the 10 bucks you save thats if you even save anything at all.

You just have to know where to look.

I was actually in Sydney recently, and I was staying in Drummoyne. Nearby in Abbotsford found an anime shop called Anime at Abottsford. They had a Hawkeye in there for a really reasonable price. It was only like $230 I think. Less than I paid for mine, I was kinda annoyed.

Just want to say thanks and that I love this thread as I am the proud owner of the other Hawkeye figure at that shop.
Fantastic place, with a great bunch of people. They were pretty chuffed that this thread sold their stock for them. Will definitely go back there as it is only a 45 minute walk from my place.

I only joined the site a week or so ago. I've got Iron Man VII on order from SS and my girlfriend has pre-ordered Spider-man and Captain America through Popcultcha.
I realsed I had missed Hawkeye, the bug to try and get all the Avengers only grabbing me recently. I was a bit miffed and had been searching here for any links to Australian stores.
So again thank you.

Draw back is, I promised my girlfriend I would let her put it away for me till my birthday in 6 weeks to make it more special.

I thought I should add that I came across another Sydneyplace that stock Hot Toys. Game Infinity in Market City, Haymarket. They have some hard to get stuff but it is pretty pricey. The average price for their figures is about $360.
They did have the Wolverine Origins figure at one stage but it was roughly $400-$500.
Worth checking out if you are desperate and wil to part with the money.

Popcultua - especially the big sales they do!
Go Figure
Casefresh

I use all 3 and have had positive experiences.

also....its rare to see an Aussie only thread full of Aussies's here, so please forgive me plugging my auctions. I'm just trying to be helpful to those looking for a great deal :D (moving house if you're wondering why....)

Hot Toys DX Bruce Lee EX + Enterbay Han
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200895117241?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones + 1/6 Hasbro Ark
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200895120739?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Hot Toys DX Jack Sparrow + 2 chalices
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200895121804?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I'm in Melbourne and pick up with payment on the spot is welcome.
Spamming finished :D

C-C-C-Combo breaker! Non-Australian here.

Anyway, I actually had to look this up for a friend of mine, who ended up using https://www.stockwells.com.au/ which he had positive experience with. The goods were different (some American made building materials) but I'm pretty sure they'd ship figures and statues aswell. I can't say anything about pricing or anything, just the link.

It's fantastic to see fellow Aussie's on the the forum.
I'm in Melbourne also and I've been collecting for two years now and I've used, Shopforme which were on line but now they just opend a shop at 125 Lygon st Brunswick, Popculture in Geelong and Go figure Nth coburg all are great with customer service.
The reason I buy local is when a box or figure is not quite right or damaged you have a local face to communicate with and it's so much easier to just take it back for an exchange. Can you imagine the logistics in returning something overseas.

Last edited:
The last few HT figures I've bought have been the Sideshow exclusives (Superman, Batman, Luke Skywalker etc.) so I've ordered them direct from SSC, who I've been buying from for years without issue (you must have to get in early to avoid the "allocation issue"). It's even better now with the AUD up and their shipping rates down!

But now I'm starting to look at Popcultcha for non-exclusive items, especially when they inevitably get discounted.

also....its rare to see an Aussie only thread full of Aussies's here, so please forgive me plugging my auctions. I'm just trying to be helpful to those looking for a great deal :D (moving house if you're wondering why....)

I'm in Melbourne and pick up with payment on the spot is welcome.
Spamming finished :D

Funnily enough I just sold all my Hot Toys off apart form a select few. I wonder if any of you guys bought them... :rotfl

I beat you to the punch on Indie SAB, I just sold mine last week!! Maybe I did you a favour and ignited someone who lost out!

Funnily enough I just sold all my Hot Toys off apart form a select few. I wonder if any of you guys bought them... :rotfl

I beat you to the punch on Indie SAB, I just sold mine last week!! Maybe I did you a favour and ignited someone who lost out!

haha ...or you just stole all my potential customers :D

The reason I buy local is when a box or figure is not quite right or damaged you have a local face to communicate with and it's so much easier to just take it back for an exchange. Can you imagine the logistics in returning something overseas.

Nope, none of us here could ever imagine the logistics of having to return something overseas.:wink1:

I thought I should add that I came across another Sydneyplace that stock Hot Toys. Game Infinity in Market City, Haymarket. They have some hard to get stuff but it is pretty pricey. The average price for their figures is about $360.
They did have the Wolverine Origins figure at one stage but it was roughly $400-$500.
Worth checking out if you are desperate and wil to part with the money.
are they open still to visit or still sell internationally ?id like to meet the boys of staff there to join !

I’ve recently used Sugo Toys to pick up Mars / Saturn Toys Batman66 figures and found them to be really good. Deposit and payment options and pretty quick delivery. Worth checking out.

Back